Am i getting too low fps?

So a year ago, i was doing 60+ fps in 25 man raids on ultra easily, and 60-80 fps in Stormwind.

At the moment, im running these settings ingame:

http://puu.sh/fMeKB/3a0ae73fe5.jpg
    http://puu.sh/fMf45/1b2e2d6639.jpg

And this is giving me 40 fps in 30 man raids atm.

My system:

Sapphire Radeon 7950 3GB gddr5 - GPU
    AMD FX 8350 8-Core - CPU
    8 GB - RAM
    Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 Socket-AM3+ - Motherboard

What the hell happened? Is my parts just outdated, or am i getting lower fps than i should?

I was thinking of replacing my motherboard and getting a intel CPU, but it may not even be needed if my system is suppose to give me more than it is.
    Last edited by Slykz; 2015-02-11 at 03:37 PM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds about right honestly assuming it's not LFR with a bunch of people standing around jerkin off. Could overclock the CPU to squeeze performance out of it. AMD CPUs aren't exactly the best option for WoW.

That said you shouldn't need to keep settings down that low. You probably wouldn't see a difference in fps during raids using high/ultra settings. Might benefit from just shadows being turned down slightly but most settings are GPU side. If turning most of those settings gives you a huge impact on raid performance then there might be something more wrong.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

If i were to replace my CPU, i would need to replace my motherboard aswell. If i got a I5-4690K, what would be a decent motherboard? I'm mostly playing wow, and i'm also interested in recording during raids.

I was looking at the MSI Z97 GAMING 5, Socket-1150 or ASUS Z97-E (White box), Socket-1150. Is there any other decent motherboards around the same price range?

Eh..Remove the max FPS options.

Turn Textures to High

Anisotropicx 16

Projected Textures Enabled

Particle Quantity High/Ultra

Shadows Low, liquid Fair

Rest of the useless stuff Disabled.

View Distance is fine at fair for raiding.

And make sure you dont have a Windowed/Fullscreen bug by putting it fullscreen after the changes etc.

40 FPS is about right though, just some quality changes i said above that wont really hinder much but you have better graphics.

I was actually recording with fraps in 1080p back in SoO without any kind of fps drop. Had steady 60 fps through recording both ingame and the video itself. Shame the fps has dropped this much.

There were no real changes from MoP to WoD, surely this has something to do with either your PC not liking a certain boss or your PC having slowdowns elsewhere from either addons or viruses etc.

I get 60 fps everywhere including raids, only time i remember my PC behaving strangely in WoD was on world bosses (this is due to draw call bottlenecking, no hardware fixes this only the hope directx 12 does). While intel is better for WoW, its not like AMD cant peg 60 fps vsync in most scenarios also, id look into checking your drivers and addons and just make sure your PC is running ok before going out and buying parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    There were no real changes from MoP to WoD, surely this has something to do with either your PC not liking a certain boss or your PC having slowdowns elsewhere from either addons or viruses etc.

I get 60 fps everywhere including raids, only time i remember my PC behaving strangely in WoD was on world bosses (this is due to draw call bottlenecking, no hardware fixes this only the hope directx 12 does). While intel is better for WoW, its not like AMD cant peg 60 fps vsync in most scenarios also, id look into checking your drivers and addons and just make sure your PC is running ok before going out and buying parts.
    I've been considering buying new parts anyway, and i'll just format my PC while im at it.

Deleted
    sorry , but that was not possible during SoO, after WoD pre-patch, some processes were moved from cpu to gpu , and also you dont see as many particles as u were able to see;

mobos arround $120 are the same (asus / gigabyte/ asrock/ msi)

Quote Originally Posted by Slykz View Post
    If i were to replace my CPU, i would need to replace my motherboard aswell. If i got a I5-4690K, what would be a decent motherboard? I'm mostly playing wow, and i'm also interested in recording during raids.

I was looking at the MSI Z97 GAMING 5, Socket-1150 or ASUS Z97-E (White box), Socket-1150. Is there any other decent motherboards around the same price range?
    Well, you have Asus Z97-A as well. Most/all Z97 boards are decent. I prefer the Asus ones though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, even my 4770k/780ti drops to 45-50fps during 30-man raids sometimes, especially during AOE. You're getting a little better than I expected.