10+ Year Old Account
    Looking forward to this movie. As long as its not as bad as the Dragon Ball movie ill enjoy it. That was terrible.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Im trying to speculate a bit.
    Daniel Cudmore and Ryan Robbins (the only actor on the IMDB page who has no roles) probably will be Dwarfs (at least Cudmore) since we definitely will see Lothar or Llane speaking with the leaders of Ironforge. They easily can be Bronzebeards.

Terry Notary as i remember is the movement trainer of Orc-actors. On the Blizzcon some of then even say to Rob Kazinsky "Make Terry proud". I think he will be the general actor for all orc characters who dont have much screen time. So probably he will play Gromm, Killrogg, Kargath, other more or less important orcs and VFX team will easily form their unique faces based on Terry's parameters and movements. In future, if there will be sequels, they can call for some other actors for these roles.

Also, 9 or so months ago Andre Tricoteux, big guy and stunts men, was asked in twitter did he play human or other creature. He said that he played motion-captured character. So, he will be either orc, or even ogre (Cho'Gall for example).

Given that i think almost all stunt actors will get some roles, probably even some signature names.

Valérie Wiseman, also mentioned in the stunt team, also mentioned as an actress in the movie, and easily can be either high elf ranger, or (more possible), Aegwynn, Medivh's mother from flashbacks.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure that the character names of some actors on the IMDB page are just code names.

Personally i believe in the movie. I see no weak points in the movie team. All key workers are either worked on famous movies like Star Wars or Avatar, or were the laureates of Oscar, or part of Blizzard team, which never let the shit comes out.

The only position I'm afraid will disappoint me is soundtrack composer. Music is like 1/3 of Warcraft Universe for me and many fans, and Ramin Jawadi made underwhelming tracks. Dont even mention GoT - it was like one of the few memorable things he made at all. And let be honest - GoT/GoT-like music is nothing comparable to Warcraft music in terms of quality, and doesnt fit Warcraft Universe at all. I mean, if id get GoT Main Theme in the opening of Warcraft Movie id be all around disappointed. Do you imagine orcs and draenei fighting in the Shattrath city with one of the GoT or Dracula Untold themes? I dont. It would be lame and meh and movie will lost huge part of its atmosphere. So Jawadi better tries harder to make something truly Warcrafty. Because Warcraft without epic music is not Warcraft.
    Last edited by Harbour; 2015-03-07 at 03:34 PM.

Deleted
    I'm pretty excited for Jawadi actually. He definitely has talent. And in any case he has a huge well of inspiration to draw from, I'm sure the music will take some cues from the game while also being its own thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    The only position I'm afraid will disappoint me is soundtrack composer. Music is like 1/3 of Warcraft Universe for me and many fans, and Ramin Jawadi made underwhelming tracks. Dont even mention GoT - it was like one of the few memorable things he made at all. And let be honest - GoT/GoT-like music is nothing comparable to Warcraft music in terms of quality, and doesnt fit Warcraft Universe at all. I mean, if id get GoT Main Theme in the opening of Warcraft Movie id be all around disappointed. Do you imagine orcs and draenei fighting in the Shattrath city with one of the GoT or Dracula Untold themes? I dont. It would be lame and meh and movie will lost huge part of its atmosphere. So Jawadi better tries harder to make something truly Warcrafty. Because Warcraft without epic music is not Warcraft.
    Yeah, I don't know how Blizzard let Legendary in charge of the music. I hope Blizzard composers were there to guide the guy, because Warcraft's music does have a unique feeling to it. They talked about spells looking and sounding familiar, so there's hope the music had a similar treatment.

I recently watched the first Hobbit movie again. The emotionless, dull pale orc made me wish they get the orcs right in Warcraft, not just nice-guy Durotan, but Blackhand and Gul'dan aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Yeah, I don't know how Blizzard let Legendary in charge of the music. I hope Blizzard composers were there to guide the guy, because Warcraft's music does have a unique feeling to it. They talked about spells looking and sounding familiar, so there's hope the music had a similar treatment.
    I'm pretty sure they will use alot of Warcraft tracks in the film; the new composer will be there to either reorchestrate those tracks for the film or fill in some audio time.

The differences in the lore like Dalaran flying or Garona being a half human don't really matter. It's a different universe.

When I will be talking about the lore in the games I'll use the WC1 lore.

Movies, I'll use the movie lore. Simple as that.

The only problem is if people mix the two. What's even worse is that Blizzard might mix the two and knowing them they will probably do.

^^

Just like Marvel differentiates between their comics and the MCU

Only thing I want from this movie is to be good. Fantasy is hard to make a good movie out of and then we all know the track record of video game movies.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'm too at first hope for really good epic fantasy. There is only LotR in that movie genre. Warcraft should be something with epic scales battles, specific camera angles, with epic music and sympathetic characters. If Duncan mixes that all, then i really won't give a fuck about floating Dalaran.

I definitely dont want to see another Maleficent, or Snow White, or Prince of Percia, where all battle stuff looks small, cut and boring. They all felt small and boring. Warcraft should looked vast, big and expensive.

Oh, and i want to see this as an opening sequence told by the background voice like it was done in the LotR. 5-7 minutes about what happened to the Orcs before the movie's main events. Show us big violet creatures swing the lightning swords and hammers. It would be epic opening.
    http://youtu.be/t6LIty6Uea4?t=1m11s
    Last edited by Harbour; 2015-03-08 at 07:48 AM.

Warcraft Movie Looks Like Garbage

Saw the trailer during the Broncos vs. Patriots game. Not sure if that's the first time it's been aired or not - haven't been keeping up to date with WoW at all lately. But, sitting amongst friends and family that know I used to play WoW, I felt the immediate need to apologize and remind them I no longer play and I, too, think the movie looks awful as they were all mocking and laughing at the footage. Since it's officially on TV can people finally admit it's not a "leak" or in "pre-production" and that it's going to be the biggest flop this summer?

C'mon...
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Next time before making a thread try to at least have a reasonable discussion topic and not use this forum to rant about simple matters.

I'm not feeling very confident. Won't be seeing it at a cinema unless it gets god tier reviews. By the look if it, I don't think that will happen.

Deleted
    And your family, like many of the folks I went to school with, are probably the same sort of people who would laugh at the footage regardless just because it's associated with the Warcraft franchise.

And nobody can "admit" that it's going to be a flop, only the numbers will tell. Regardless of ratings, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised as to how well this movie is going to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah not going to lie. That baby looks f*cking retarded.

7+ Year Old Account
    Video game movie.

Therefore bad.

Therefore no way in h-ll am I paying ticket price.

I've got Dish Network, so I imagine I'll see it one day.

I admit, it looks like a waste of CGI effort. What a shit can this movie is going to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Quote Originally Posted by eja216 View Post
    Saw the trailer during the Broncos vs. Patriots game. Not sure if that's the first time it's been aired or not - haven't been keeping up to date with WoW at all lately. But, sitting amongst friends and family that know I used to play WoW, I felt the immediate need to apologize and remind them I no longer play and I, too, think the movie looks awful as they were all mocking and laughing at the footage. Since it's officially on TV can people finally admit it's not a "leak" or in "pre-production" and that it's going to be the biggest flop this summer?

C'mon...
    I'm kind of amused that Green Jesus will now also be Green Moses. Was that always in the lore, the bit about floating Thrall down river? Also, I want to point out that this is very bad parenting, on the part of both the orcs and Egyptians.

15+ Year Old Account
    Movies from video games have an abysmal track record

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm stoked to see it from a lore/nerdgasm perspective, but visually it does not seem to look like it "flows" very well. Would have been happier if they made a full CGI movie with graphics like the cinematic trailers (although that would probably take way longer).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    Video game movie.

Therefore bad.

Therefore no way in h-ll am I paying ticket price.

I've got Dish Network, so I imagine I'll see it one day.
    Sadly this is true.

Prince of Persia was bearable because of Gemma Arterton's tits but still excruciating.
    Tomb Raiders all shit.
    All Hitman and Resident Evil films dire.

Not looking like this will buck the trend.
    CGI looks amateurish honestly. Still it's just a trailer so maybe it'll be better than expected.
    Deffo waiting for critics to have their say.

A lot of movies don't finish post production until a few weeks before release, Jurassic World is the one that springs to mind where stuff in trailers and tv spots were changed/smoothed out by the time the movie hit. Video game adaptations don't have the best track record so it could be a flop, could be a hit. I'll probably go see it, and I'd be okay with having the theater to myself, it seems unlikely that it could be as bad as Ghost Rider 2

Deleted
    Why do people feel the need to spew their hateful shit on this movie?

Sitting amongst friends and family and "were all mocking and laughing at the footage"? Really??

Stop showing how big of a loser you are. If you don't like what has been shown THEN DON'T FUCKING WATCH IT.