Highmaul Raid Mission - How does the difficulties work?

So I recently got over 15 kills on Heroic, but the Highmaul mission I've been saving is still on Normal (I haven't killed 15 on Normal yet) - do I need to kill 15 bosses on Normal for the mission to upgrade to Mythic, or does the mission not upgrade while it's available; only when it becomes available again?

You need to complete the mission and then wait 2 weeks for a new mission to appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    You need to complete the mission and then wait 2 weeks for a new mission to appear.
    Thanks for your reply, but could someone confirm this? I wouldn't want to waste it.

Deleted
    the difficulty of the missions is locked in when it appears in your mission log. I passed 15 heroic kills 2 weeks ago while i had a highmaul mission and it did not change. came up again yesterday and it was Mythic.

I guess you could wait for the mission to expire on it's own and then you should get a new one directly after. There should be some expiration details when you look at the mission ingame.

Like ExcelDamage said, the difficulty of the mission is locked at its proc status. Your next box will be mythic.

The good news for you (not 100% sure - purely based on my observation) the internal CD of the quest kicks in the moment it appears for you, not when you start it, complete it, nor when it expires. So go ahead and start the mission you already have, your next one will come in due time regardless of when you completed this one. Its 1.5/2 week ICD started the moment you got it.
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

Alright, thanks everyone. I had hoped it'd automatically upgrade, but I guess that was pretty silly (since that'd promote sitting on missions as long as you can).

I think the 15 kills isn't accurate enough. Mine just popped and it's a heroic one still, it should've been a mythic according to sources saying 15 kills makes it the next tier. I am at 17.

Unless those 15 kills are first kills of the week only, then yea it won't be a mythic. I farmed Kargath 4-5 times two weeks ago.

Deleted
    15 loot eligible kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfakennyone View Post
    I think the 15 kills isn't accurate enough. Mine just popped and it's a heroic one still, it should've been a mythic according to sources saying 15 kills makes it the next tier. I am at 17.

Unless those 15 kills are first kills of the week only, then yea it won't be a mythic. I farmed Kargath 4-5 times two weeks ago.
    It was definitely 15 kills, loot-eligible or not, at the beginning. It appears that at some time in the past few weeks, they quietly changed it. There aren't enough data points yet to determine if they just changed it to require more kills, or if they stopped counting non-loot-eligible kills, or something else entirely. The most reasonable guess (in my opinion) is that they just stopped counting the non-loot-eligible kills.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had highmaul missions on toons that haven't even got one single LFR kill...
    So I am not sure what the hell is going on.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    I've had highmaul missions on toons that haven't even got one single LFR kill...
    LFR has nothing to do with anything. Never has.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Normal cache missions just pop up as soon as you get your 645 followers.