Thread: Shadow so weak!

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Shadow so weak!

Hey guys, you got same feeling as me - shadow priest very weak? our AoE is worst in the game and even in single target fights we are nowhere in rankings, why is that? are blizz going to fix us or just better do reroll?

Btw dont get me wrong, i dont like playing OP classes but being weakest i feel like burden to my guildmates.

Deleted
    Shadow is just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mcvice View Post
    Hey guys, you got same feeling as me - shadow priest very weak? our AoE is worst in the game and even in single target fights we are nowhere in rankings, why is that? are blizz going to fix us or just better do reroll?

Btw dont get me wrong, i dont like playing OP classes but being weakest i feel like burden to my guildmates.
    Perhaps you are just a very weak player.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HeroZero View Post
    im not saying about only me, im saying bout rankings where shadow priests are non existant

Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    Shadow is just fine.
    Minus a few trivial complaints about our class, i agree 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by mcvice View Post
    im not saying about only me, im saying bout rankings where shadow priests are non existant
    Not consistently making top parses =/= "so weak"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeroZero View Post
    Maybe constructive feedback would've been better?

OP, Shadow can perform very well if played correctly. Not on AE, but certain on other aspects... Come 6.1 AS should perform better than we could get away with using it on most fights...

It helps looking up HowToPriest and reading guides etc. CoP isn't a fan fav, but it isn't the worst... I'd imagine AS being the go to talent next patch and CoP on fights like Gruul, and the likes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess it all depends on what someone's opinion of fine is.

As it stands, shadow is basically:

Middle of the pack over an entire tier (with exceptions of strength and crapness on certain fights).

By and large weaker than more classes than not when taking into consideration being able to respec.

Very weak current AOE, and weak dots for multiple target encounters.

Solid single target.

Solid self heals and a good raid healing cooldown if used smartly with Halo

Good on the final boss (single target mostly with Demo's to proc ToF in ph2 and decent mobile dps for all phases)

To me that's not amazing, but it's better than MoP. With the changes in 6.1 I don't see much of a need for other changes (though I'd love to see slightly more of our damage in dots).

Deleted
    Taking a look at something like this;

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...unt&dataset=90

At first glance you say "Priest is the 2nd worst DPS class!". Which would be true here. However there appears to be quite a disparity between two groups, you have balance, demo, arms and enhancement together quite above everybody else.
    'everybody else' is quite tightly tuned, the difference between top and bottom (fury to assassination in this case) is only 15%, and that's considering that not many players will be playing the weaker of their available specs. The difference between shadow and fury is only 6% which I'd consider quite reasonable.

I don't believe shadow is significantly underpowered, I do think some of those top specs should be reigned in mostly due to their AoE abilities.

I think shadow is suffering at the moment since it doesn't excel at anything. We're not the best single target nor cleave nor multidotting. However we are lower than average AoE, we need something to counter that.

The 6.1 changes should address much of this, the lvl100 talent changes alone will do much to diversify shadows abilities.
    Fingers crossed it doesn't take too long to reach live

idk what I'm doing wrong(That's a lie, I've totally been gearing for AS. Also most of the other dps have gotten upgrades, I've gotten a single sidegrade) but on a few fights, I'm struggling to keep above my tanks. In Highmaul I was constantly in 1st or 2nd. I'd like to think the lock and mage in my group aren't bad. But damn, I'm getting bummed.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Shadow has its place and it's fine, Shadow is really good for p2/p3 Blackhand and it performs fairly well in the rest of the instance...

Quote Originally Posted by Setheria View Post
    I guess it all depends on what someone's opinion of fine is.

As it stands, shadow is basically:

Middle of the pack over an entire tier (with exceptions of strength and crapness on certain fights).

By and large weaker than more classes than not when taking into consideration being able to respec.

Very weak current AOE, and weak dots for multiple target encounters.

Solid single target.

Solid self heals and a good raid healing cooldown if used smartly with Halo

Good on the final boss (single target mostly with Demo's to proc ToF in ph2 and decent mobile dps for all phases)

To me that's not amazing, but it's better than MoP. With the changes in 6.1 I don't see much of a need for other changes (though I'd love to see slightly more of our damage in dots).
    We'll see how we are with scaling but ultimately some classes can easily do 10-15k more dps on a realistic raid boss. 6.1 "might" narrow that to 5-10K. Hope im wrong, I really wanna see top players own but I can only see us being good at priority damage which isn't flashy at all and most guilds won't even recognize our potential and would rather take a demo lock or mage
    Last edited by Ponkster; 2015-02-10 at 02:51 AM.

OP I raid in the top 100 US guilds and let me tell you right now all these people on this forum have some type of delusion going on about shadow. Yeah our single target is "fine". However we bring nothing great to the raid and our multi-target is just shit.

6.1 addresses many of the problems we're currently facing in raid. A semi-viable aoe option, as well as the ability to use the other level 100 talents.
    Zinge
    Officer of <Smitus and Friends> 7/7M 10/10M
    US 10th

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    OP I raid in the top 100 US guilds and let me tell you right now all these people on this forum have some type of delusion going on about shadow. Yeah our single target is "fine". However we bring nothing great to the raid and our multi-target is just shit.
    Not everyone is in a top100 US guild pushing for server first mythic kills.

For the purposes of norm/heroic, Shadow is indeed fine.

Right now, shadow aoe doesn't exist, single target is decent but on the low end (mages and warlocks are 10% ahead according to the WL statistics linked above). Multidot without the AS buff is at an all time low. Now on the other hand, shadow still has strong offheals, very strong execute and good short single target burst.

I would argue there are 2 fights where shadow has a nice spot right now from what I've seen and that's furnace and blackhand. Those fights could very well turn out to be two of the hardest on mythic. Shadow was already really good on imperator, so that's a massive step up from SoO where shadow was only good (decent at least) on the easier fights and pretty bad on the harder fights.

The main issue is that CoP just doesn't feel like shadow to me, but that's a whole different discussion.

Shadow is pretty weak, no cleave, no aoe. No burst.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsparowe View Post
    Taking a look at something like this;

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...unt&dataset=90

At first glance you say "Priest is the 2nd worst DPS class!". Which would be true here. However there appears to be quite a disparity between two groups, you have balance, demo, arms and enhancement together quite above everybody else.
    'everybody else' is quite tightly tuned, the difference between top and bottom (fury to assassination in this case) is only 15%, and that's considering that not many players will be playing the weaker of their available specs. The difference between shadow and fury is only 6% which I'd consider quite reasonable.

I don't believe shadow is significantly underpowered, I do think some of those top specs should be reigned in mostly due to their AoE abilities.

I think shadow is suffering at the moment since it doesn't excel at anything. We're not the best single target nor cleave nor multidotting. However we are lower than average AoE, we need something to counter that.

The 6.1 changes should address much of this, the lvl100 talent changes alone will do much to diversify shadows abilities.
    Fingers crossed it doesn't take too long to reach live
    The imbalance is a bit greater here doe https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...&timespan=1000.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Also remember we have a fantastic execute phase and if that is disrupted in someway(death, high movement, need to stop dps for anyreason) then over "rankings" will suffer.
    I don't mind shadow atm. Granted it has its flaws but if you visit any sub forum you will see every class has its minor gripes. I play shadow because I love the spec. I what it stands for. If you just want number's then play a druid or a mage. Class variation really isnt a major issue now so raids shouldnt have an issue with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    The imbalance is a bit greater here doe https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...et=5×pan=1000.
    That actually looks like a smaller variance there with the exception of the specs I listed before pulling further ahead, those specs have mechanics that just allow them to significantly output more damage in certain scenarios and that's hugely inflating their DPS, something I consider good fwiw, I think a spec should either be average across the board or excel in one area and be below average somewhere else. The trouble is when a raid design favours 1 scenario and has no fight type that would counter it. For example, if a spec is good at AoE and bad at heavy movement whilst a raid has 4/10 AoE fights and 0 heavy movement fights.

It's not an easy thing to fix for sure but overall the class balance looks acceptable, imo. Somebody has to be last and I don't have an issue with that so long as the difference isn't substantial.