10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Belichick View Post
    Think he just gave the Jets some credit, pretty sure xskarma would agree that the Patriots are probably still winning the East.
    Pretty much. I think the Jets will be better than many expect. It's still Patriots > Bills > Dolphins > Jets though in terms of who I think has the best team.

Jets are definitely the biggest wild card though. The Bills have nothing at QB, the Jets have inconsistency between okay and negative numbers. If they can get a consistent "okay" out of Smith they have a shot. The Bills just need to make sure their QB doesn't cost them games and they are in the playoff hunt. Big difference.

Funnily enough the Patriots are in a similar situation when it comes to QB in the absence of Brady. Garappolo is a wild card. He's done some good things, but he's also had moments where he held on to the ball too long and caused the team to go backwards. I know the popular thing is (in jest) to hype the guy like he;s the next greatest thing in the NFL (GOATrappolo), but in all honesty we just don't know. Personally I trust the coaching staff, and they believed last year allready that he was good enough. I just absolutely don't like his tendency to hold on to the ball too long and his tendency to sometimes place balls behind his intended reciever. Quick decision making and anticipating are key in the NFL and I haven;t seen him deliver on those aspects enough to trust him 100% yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sad news about Andrew Quarless, it would be so hard to get back to work that soon after losing a child.
    Just because I don't care does'nt mean I don't understand

I know the voices in my head are not real BUT they have some REALLY good ideas

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    NFL Network is slow and is trying to follow the ESPN habbit of reporting news according to the public bias, instead of factual reporting. Public opinion is that Dalton is shit. Never mind the fact he's been an at least passibly effective QB that has taken his team to the play offs each year. He's shit, so he should be replaced. The only one who could possibly replace him is McCarron, so he's obviously going to give Dalton a run for his money. Never mind the fact that McCarron was slow in camp last year, went on IR, I think? and stories out of Cincy were that he had a bad attitude.

I only trust NFL Network when it comes to broad news stories, and things they literally got quotes from. Team specific rumours and any theorycrafting they do about things is usually utter bull.
    NFL Network has Rich Eisen though. Plus with Sapp in the slammer, it might be tolerable. I don't watch NFL media during the offseason because its shit.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much. I think the Jets will be better than many expect. It's still Patriots > Bills > Dolphins > Jets though in terms of who I think has the best team.

Jets are definitely the biggest wild card though. The Bills have nothing at QB, the Jets have inconsistency between okay and negative numbers. If they can get a consistent "okay" out of Smith they have a shot. The Bills just need to make sure their QB doesn't cost them games and they are in the playoff hunt. Big difference.
    Could you break down by unit how each team stacks up at this point?

Secondary
    LB
    Def line
    oline
    WR/TE
    RB
    QB
    Coach

The pats only clear advantage is coach. Let's look at their schedule.

Pitts (Loss) - They are a better team.
    @Buf (Loss) - They had this match-up circle and it is their home opener.
    Jags (Win) - Jags suck
    BYE
    @Dal (Loss) - They have no one to stop dez and dallas will run them out of the building (literally).

From that point on NE might have to run the table to win the division and that's 2 conf losses before TB gets back.

I might have said this earlier, but stuff changes.
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well thats interesting, apparently Jimmy Graham is blocking really well in camp. With the pads on, Tyler Lockett continues to impress. Chris Matthews is playing really well. This receiver they signed from the AFL is doing good.

https://twitter.com/notjoserivera/st...52971877466112

football is close folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Well thats interesting, apparently Jimmy Graham is blocking really well in camp.
    Don't expect much, but if he stays healthy (he hasn't in awhile) he will at least be serviceable.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://nesn.com/2015/08/new-england-...90-man-roster/

Interesting that there's that many openings.
    Last edited by WskyDK; 2015-08-04 at 01:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Don't expect much, but if he stays healthy (he hasn't in awhile) he will at least be serviceable.
    https://twitter.com/HavokHawk/status/628380356027158528

15+ Year Old Account
    Haha.

When are we getting Fantasy football started?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    When are we getting Fantasy football started?
    I've actually contacted Alae through our league mail option, and he's mailed me on MMO-C to tell me he's coming back. He said he'd make announcement here in the thread to gauge interest and such before creating the new Fantasy thread for sign ups. So, it's up to Alae at this point how/when/who/where.

10+ Year Old Account
    I might play this year. Time to inflict my holy wrath by drafting Tebow in the 2nd round.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    http://nesn.com/2015/08/new-england-...90-man-roster/

Interesting that there's that many openings.
    It's odd. Usually our camp spots are filled in as soon as they are open. It was a day off training Monday, so that would have been a perfect day to bring in new people and get them a day to get ready so they can hit the ground running on Tuesday for another day of practice. We'll see if they actually did or not.

Patriots stand outs in training camp at the moment seem to be the usual suspects (Edelman, Gronk, Brady) but from the new players Jabaal Sheard has looked like the best DE at times apparently. Our second round pick Richards (S) (and huge reach according to draftnicks) seems to have been turning heads. For the rest everybody has had positive comments about them at some point (vets and rookies alike, or at least the people you expect to make the roster).

Only name that stands out is Malcolm Butler. He's been mentioned a lot, how he's been having good moments, and being beaten by Edelman a few times. Most important thing is, he's pretty consistently being paired with top competitors and not looking out of place. HUGE step for an undrafted rookie last year that saw only occasional playing time. He's definitely in the mix to be a starter this year and might turn his career into more then just being that guy from the INT in the Superbowl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed with everything here
    I'm interested to see how Gibson works out. Apparently he's been incredibly solid in practice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

15+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone started the mmo fantasy league yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

I've actually contacted Alae through our league mail option, and he's mailed me on MMO-C to tell me he's coming back. He said he'd make announcement here in the thread to gauge interest and such before creating the new Fantasy thread for sign ups. So, it's up to Alae at this point how/when/who/where.
    Yes as Xskarma has said I will be returning after a period of inactivity just to have fun and organize the MMO-C Football Fantasy!

I obviously love fantasy and football and getting my ass kicked by Celdiseth (Fuzzy Bunny Slippers) and I am looking forward to another productive and successful year of pain :P

I will as usual post in this thread when a dedicated fantasy thread is created in a week or so~ Hopefully we have many regulars rejoining us and as many interested people as possible, I will of course be running a 10man league (most likely vanilla nfl.com) with the option of again having a second league should demand require. If anyone wants to PM me and show interest feel free as the more people we lock in early the easier it is to fill the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    I might play this year. Time to inflict my holy wrath by drafting Tebow in the 2nd round.
    I hope you are interested in making a glorious return Vetali! Maybe you can defeat the mighty bunny slippers!

Quote Originally Posted by Frunken View Post
    Has anyone started the mmo fantasy league yet?
    Not yet! but as mentioned above its coming soon, I promise!! Getting that Football season itch!
    Fantasy Football on MMO Champion!
    2018 -- 2017 -- 2016 -- 2015 -- 2014 -- 2013

15+ Year Old Account
    I have to think of another team name this year, It will be great!
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to think of another team name this year, It will be great!
    I wish I needed to think of a new name.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wish I needed to think of a new name.
    I think ill think of a few good names and have you guys vote and which ever one is the most voted on ill use that one. I am also taking write ins if anyone has any good ones.

Last year has so much potential to make fun of, this will be sooo good.
    Last edited by apepi; 2015-08-04 at 06:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last year has so much potential to make fun of, this will be sooo good.
    Deflategate jokes galore! >.<

Mine was "Easley does it" last year, and then Easley did almost nothing and was sent to IR in like October. I have a name I'll probably use this year, from a Gronk incident earlier this year. It's marvelous.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Chicken parm you taste so good."
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.