Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Just watched Paragon Blackhand Mythic kill..

...and I feel dissappointed when I'm looking at their recount. Locks are literally rock bottom, only tanks are under them. Mages/rogues/hunters are ahead of them by 4-5 million damage. I wonder what would Blizz say if we would ask them that directly in the face. Same PR bullshit "We are happy with warlocks. They are well balanced."

How can you say warlock is balanced when a mage is dealing 53k constant dps and warlocks doing 38k dps max. Is that what we call balance?

P.S: Mod, please correct my misspell in Blackhand word
    Last edited by Tread; 2015-03-09 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You realize that certain fights are better for certain classes/specs than others right? Probably why locks beat mages on a number of fights...
    Yep, seeing a whole lot of fights where Mages are struggling to beat Warlocks.

Mythic: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/7

Heroic: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/7#difficulty=4

Deleted
    Watch Method's kill, they had 2 Warlocks on the top of damage Both on 50k fyi.

Both Method and Midwinter had warlocks that were on top.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    Watch Method's kill, they had 2 Warlocks on the top of damage Both on 50k fyi.
    It was pre-6.1.

You realize that certain fights are better for certain classes/specs than others right? Probably why locks beat mages on a number of fights...
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/7#boss=1691

Please find a warlock here. If you do - you get a cookie. Tip: Green names are hunters and blue names are mages.

Quote Originally Posted by looz View Post
    It was pre-6.1.
    Midwinter's was not.

Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    Midwinter's was not.
    Okay, you have one guild where a warlock is actually God and the others aren't. Please think now about hundreds of other guilds. Bringing up one guild with one warlock is hardly an argument don't you think?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tread View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/7#boss=1691

Please find a warlock here. If you do - you get a cookie. Tip: Green names are hunters and blue names are mages.
    click hans & franz, Flamebender, Kromog, Beastlord, operator.

boy that was hard, good job making yourself look like a jackass though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadwraith View Post
    click hans & franz, Flamebender, Kromog, Beastlord, operator.

boy that was hard, good job making yourself look like a jackass though.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/7#

You are missing the point tho. There's only one fight where warlock is actually somehow useful in BRF and it's operator Thogar where you have to quickly kill bunch of unimportant adds. All the other fights are dominated by other same classes. My point is that I'd rather want to be useful to my guild when it comes to killing a certain boss and not taking a raidspot just to be Summoning stone & poor healing tonic healthstone vendor. For a PURE DPS class thats rather bad, don't you think?

Rubin, Shizwix, Conflicted, Chanimal, Александр, Cykeld. Do I get half a dozen cookies?
    *Pops Ritual of Souls* There you go, mate. Take as many as you need(assuming you are out of tonics).

Those cookies won't work for me, I don't play WoW anymore since this expansion is so terrible. And I think you're seriously confused. You don't have to top the charts to be useful. The fact that you think you do shows a serious lack in understanding of how raiding works.
    Wow, dude. Why are you so toxic? I didn't said I want to top the meters. I just said I would like to help my guild out with doing more competitive dps and actually do something to earn my raidspot. So stop putting words in my mouth, mate.

The sole fact that you don't play this expansion shows that you have no knowledge what is the current situation for locks at the moment. Sitting at forums and actually playing the game are two different things.

Wow, dude. Why are you so toxic? I didn't said I want to top the meters. I just said I would like to help my guild out with doing more competitive dps and actually do something to earn my raidspot. So stop putting words in my mouth, mate.

The sole fact that you don't play this expansion shows that you have no knowledge what is the current situation for locks at the moment. Sitting at forums and actually playing the game are two different things.
    Toxic LOL, actually you are the toxic one here, whining about dps meters and offering no solution. Guess what, someone has to be last on the meters, it seems its warlocks turn, get over it.
    Also please stop the "pure dps" bullshit, the so called "hybrid tax" is dead for like 3 expansions now. DEAL WITH IT.

..... I find myself chiming in when I see someone who has a fundamental misunderstanding(imo) on a topic as I've played these games for close to 20 years.
    We've found Celestalon's alt.

This issue is if Warlocks are cinstantly behind another class by too much there's a balance issue. I think Blizzard said they aim for 5% so if you're only above tanks but not behind the top by 5% you're fine.

I think melee have more to complain about personally..

Also, if you search per boss on mythic as opposed to all bosses, it gives better results and you can see warlocks shining through. I think this shows more likely that there are more 'professional' mages, than there are warlocks (as it has always been).

7+ Year Old Account
    Okay, you have one guild where a warlock is actually God and the others aren't. Please think now about hundreds of other guilds. Bringing up one guild with one warlock is hardly an argument don't you think?

This conversation was about mythic black hand. you have 3 kills in which 2 warlocks does great. 67% of the kills we're able to see seems pretty good to me.

Deleted
    So you're saying we should increase the DPS because players can't play the class correctly. That's wrong on so many levels, Locks aren't that complicated in comparison to some other classes.

If you wanted them buffed, those "gods" you speak of would be doing insane damage? Making more forum QQ, probably resulting in a nerf. It's an L2P issue dude :/

Done some maths instead of looking blindly at a log chart.

Here are the top Mage vs Warlock DPS per boss minus Blackhand (mythic difficulty).
    Rounded to nearest k.

Warlock

Average: 60k

Mage

Average: 64k

Difference is roughly 6% at peak recorded performance levels.

This does not take into account the AVERAGE and only SAMPLES the top player per fight. This is by NO MEANS an ACCURATE piece of DATA in which to construct a valid argument over class/spec performance. There are too many variables that need testing before this becomes a more valid piece of data.

Deleted
    Only issue here is that locks used to top metres with minimal effort and now they actually have to play to a respectable standard to be competitive and some people don't like that, re roll several alts if you wanna top every fight