10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Really ESO balance is busted because of the massive variance in damage among players.
    This is the common gripe in the community atm. The power creep has gotten out of hand. Those who know how to exploit that can really push their DPS to much higher limits than the typical player. Currently, the CP system is on the table to be looked at to see if it needs to be adjusted. I like that we are all getting stronger and stronger with each major update, but the bottom hasn't really gotten any stronger, the middle has seen an increase, and the top is seeing the largest increases.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I am wondering as they keep growing (and it seems they are, according to their own numbers and Steam) if they will actually start doing more balancing, or keep the game free flowing akin to Skyrim, and the TES ethos for the game.
    I don't mind if they keep the power growing, but they have to stop catering to the highest DPSrs. Bosses keep getting stronger and stronger along with the gear, but the ability to use that gear to it's fullest potential only applies to a small percentage of players.

- - - Updated - - -

One thing I would love to see is the Vampire DLC
    People been begging for this for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    SNIP
    Thanks for the response, much appreciated. To quickly clarify some things: 1) I haven't actively tried to get specific gear, the set I have is because Clockwork City is the latest zone I did and I like the proc :-) b) I have all Templar DPS/Bretton/Destruction stuff/Light armor passives maxed other than 4 sitting at 1/2 points, 3) I have no Vampire line, Psijic line or the Undaunted passives. If these are a big holes and I need to get them first before you spend time trying to help, just let me know and I will come back when I get them sorted.

From there on, based on what you asked, my character sits as follows (apologies for the format, this side doesn't seem to be built for having tables in the forums!):

Item / Set / Trait / Enhancement

Weapon 1 (gold) / Meridia's Blessed Armor / Precise / Life Drain
    Weapon 2 / Prisoner's Rags / Training / Absorb Magicka
    Helm / Mad Tinkerer / Invigorating/ Max Magicka
    Chest / Mad Tinkerer / Infused / Max Magicka
    Shoulder / Meridia's Blessed Armor / Invigorating/ Max Health
    Gloves / Mad Tinkerer / Training / Max Magicka
    Waist / Mad Tinkerer / Invigorating/ Max Health
    Legs / Stygian / Infused / Max Health
    Boots / Mad Tinkerer / Sturdy / Max Health
    Neck / Meridia's Blessed Armor/ Healthy / Health Recovery
    Ring 1 / Combat Physician / Arcane / Magicka Recovery
    Ring 2 / --- / Healthy / Reduce Spell Cost

------------------------------
    Stat / Value (Weapon 1) /Value (Weapon 2)
    Max Magicka /24.8k / 24.8k
    Max Health /15.2k / 15.2k
    Max Stamina /9.9k / 11.1k

Mag Recovery /877 / 877
    Health Rec / 484 / 484
    Stam Recovery /656 / 535

Spell Dmg / 1456 / 1229
    Spell Crit /43.1% / 36.1%
    Weapon Dmg /1375 / 1141
    Weapon Crit /16.9% / 10.0%

Spell Resist /16452 / 13615
    Phys Resist /11585 / 11481
    Crit Resist / 0 / 0

Thanks again for offering to help, much appreciated.
    Last edited by Fkiolaris; 2019-02-22 at 10:31 PM.

Ultimately up until Cloudrest, most trials had both healers run SPC to get the buff on everyone. These days they have access to Olorime. My understanding is that the really good veteran trial guilds just stack and use insane damage to blow up bosses, which means they can run Olorime, Infallible, Sanctuary and Worm's Raiment across the two healers.

Really ESO balance is busted because of the massive variance in damage among players.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, for normal dungeons and trials, anything can work. Some of the normal DLC dungeons may be a pain without optimized builts but as long as you have adequate sustain you are OK.
    Also if you are healing dungeon PuGs, the significant majority of ESO damage is avoidable. In a good group, the healer spends the majority of his time debuffing and doing damage (and thus ends the fight even faster) and only has to heal to deal with mechanics (which is why Templar is so good, Breath of Life is the best burst heal in the game). But in a bad PuG, you really want the sustain ESO seems the opposite of WoW in this in that group play is extremely synergistic and building a group thoughtfully (down to using the right spell morphs and micromanaging who uses what set and what debuff) can have significant effect on performance.
    very true and I mean, I still have spc as one of my sets, because situationally, even in trials it can be better.

that said, after conversation in guild today I'm just.. ESO balance feels like a completely lost cause. I kinda slightly rushed my warden because group I was running with had 2 templars (with me) and templar warden was meta and apparently its not meta anymore? now its templar/sorc? its just... i can't keep up O_O

I do still like Olo though, when group actualy stacks - its beautiful

that said... unless they remove animation clipping? the gap between low and high dps players will only keep growing.

OK the gear is so random. I guess you like Mad Tinkerer and would want to base a set on that? I would suggest mixing it with Julianos as a starter set. An alternative could be to farm or buy Spinner's Garments or Mother's Sorrow (Malabal Tor and Deshaan)

Your first goal after that should be to get a Monster Helm. You should be completing pledges (you can easily do the normal non-DLC dungeon pledges) for keys to get Ilambris shoulders then Crypt of Hearts I in veteran for Ilambris helm. It is the easiest monster helm for magicka to get and it is very, very good. It will also work well with Mad Tinkerer since you are I assume using a fire staff? and the Tinkerer is another way to proc the Lightning effect (though you can also just enchant the fire staff with shock. (Ilambris proc alone will give you at least 1k more damage). Once you feel more comfortable in dungeons you can try Veteran City of Ash II for Valkyn Skoria, which is what you will likely keep for a long time.

Other gear you can consider farming is Burning Spellweave in the City of Ash dungeons, it synergizes great with Templar and Fire Destruction staff (and with Zaan but that is likely out of your reach)

Now beyond that.

As a dps, every armor item should ideally be divines. You CAN also go for infused on Head/Legs/Chest if you are willing to pay or farm for a prismatic glyph. Almost every armor enchant should be magicka unless none of your set items offer extra health. You should aim for a self-buffed (so with food) health of 17-18k. Neck and rings should be arcane and enchanted with spell harm (bloodthirsty for trials for some builds but that does not need to concern you for quite a while). You should be using a fire staff on your frontbar for sure, either sharpened or infused with a fire enchant or a shock enchant to proc Ilambris. Your backbar staff can be fire, can be lightning (I'd go with double fire); as a Breton it might not be needed but since you are a new player you are probably better off enchanting it with absorb magicka as you have now so a heavy attack can get you back on your feet.

Mundus should be Thief or possibly Shadow after Wrathstone launches next week.
    Thanks for the answer, it's much appreciated. I know that my gear is very random and I have only just started working on it as I was more interested in exploring the game and world so far, rather than work on gaining power for this character. it's just the numbers I have seen being mentioned (and especially the "8-12k with just light attack spam") made me wonder wtf I was doing wrong.

Mad Tinkerer is a set I enjoy purely for the proc (plus it looks ace), having mobs bowled up in the air every few seconds is too much fun atm. I imagine when the novelty wears out I might change it, but for now it will do. For the rest that you mention, I will check everything out on whatever online reference sources I use and make a path for gearing that might suit my casual play best.

Many thanks again

8-12k with just light attack sounds bogus even with perfect gear. But 18-20k with a single bar rotation if you have maelstrom staff sounds easy. The problem of course is, you need to get the damn staff and whatever people might say, that will take you a long, long time and a lot of work.
    It's just these numbers have been thrown about more than once or twice on other forums (including official) when people claim, for example, that normal dungeons shouldn't be difficult for any competent group because you can get that level of dps by spamming light attacks. Which is why I was here asking if that's correct for someone having the shit gear I have or is there much more to it. I appreciate all the input and many thanks again for it.

8-12k with just light attack sounds bogus even with perfect gear. But 18-20k with a single bar rotation if you have maelstrom staff sounds easy. The problem of course is, you need to get the damn staff and whatever people might say, that will take you a long, long time and a lot of work.
    its not bogus. I've seen it done. it requires specific gear, and tends to be more of a stam thing, but it can be done. and I mean... werewolf rotation is basically nothing BUT light attacks. that said, even with relequen I was never able to do it, but I've never been able to hit anywhere near the kind of numbers I habitually see some of my guildies hit. in actual combat. on heavy movement fights so no cheesing of the target dummies. so.... some people just have amazing dexterity and reflexes.

Decided to switch to Magicka healer on Warden and just stash the medium stuff. Can craft decent bows still at least.

It's actually quite fun when a few more spells open up. It's definitely more about being a healer than flat out damage which I like.

I wish there would be a more frost warden melee skills
    my dw holy knight feels better to play than my dw frost knight

So I just learnt ESO Plus can be done through PS4 itself as long as you save your card.....

Although eh only spent like £7 on Summerset on PC so not a big deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they are holding it to do something interesting with Lamae Bal; I think they know that if they release it, it will be popular, so staggering it? I don't know, but player interest wise, it seems to be a gold mine of a DLC if they do it right.
    Seeing as we are getting a Necromancer Class in the next update a Vampire Expansion feels pretty likely. The question is what zone to add with it.
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Seeing as we are getting a Necromancer Class in the next update a Vampire Expansion feels pretty likely. The question is what zone to add with it.
    Some Nord zone!
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

ok, a world of warning about PC patch tomorrow. they are transferring everything to a new database (or is it new server?) and initial loading screen is going to be significantly longer, especially if you have a LOT of stuff in your inventory/bank/etc

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.co...an-help#latest

I mean, it's long already. I guess I can go take a shower in between loading screens?
    there's few minutes long and then there's potentially few hours long, so :P its only one time thing, but.. depending on how much of a hoarder you are, it can take a fair bit

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that makes sense.

Looking forward to the Necromancer, a Necromancer Vampire will be great, heh...
    Which is why I do not think they will add a Vampire class. But hey, what do I know? Not been playing the game but only a few months.

Speaking of Vampires, my friend convinced me to have him bite me and try it out. Other than looking cool, not impressed so far. Feels so.....over hyped. But some of the passives do look good. So that is going to take a while however, as I am not a hurry up and level my char player.

- - - Updated - - -

Got it, gonna log in and then go to sleep and check it back in the morning then
    How do you keep from getting auto booted off the server?
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2019-02-25 at 01:04 PM.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    Thanks for the response, much appreciated. To quickly clarify some things: 1) I haven't actively tried to get specific gear, the set I have is because Clockwork City is the latest zone I did and I like the proc :-) b) I have all Templar DPS/Bretton/Destruction stuff/Light armor passives maxed other than 4 sitting at 1/2 points, 3) I have no Vampire line, Psijic line or the Undaunted passives. If these are a big holes and I need to get them first before you spend time trying to help, just let me know and I will come back when I get them sorted.

From there on, based on what you asked, my character sits as follows (apologies for the format, this side doesn't seem to be built for having tables in the forums!):

Item / Set / Trait / Enhancement

Weapon 1 (gold) / Meridia's Blessed Armor / Precise / Life Drain
    Weapon 2 / Prisoner's Rags / Training / Absorb Magicka
    Helm / Mad Tinkerer / Invigorating/ Max Magicka
    Chest / Mad Tinkerer / Infused / Max Magicka
    Shoulder / Meridia's Blessed Armor / Invigorating/ Max Health
    Gloves / Mad Tinkerer / Training / Max Magicka
    Waist / Mad Tinkerer / Invigorating/ Max Health
    Legs / Stygian / Infused / Max Health
    Boots / Mad Tinkerer / Sturdy / Max Health
    Neck / Meridia's Blessed Armor/ Healthy / Health Recovery
    Ring 1 / Combat Physician / Arcane / Magicka Recovery
    Ring 2 / --- / Healthy / Reduce Spell Cost

------------------------------
    Stat / Value (Weapon 1) /Value (Weapon 2)
    Max Magicka /24.8k / 24.8k
    Max Health /15.2k / 15.2k
    Max Stamina /9.9k / 11.1k

Mag Recovery /877 / 877
    Health Rec / 484 / 484
    Stam Recovery /656 / 535

Spell Dmg / 1456 / 1229
    Spell Crit /43.1% / 36.1%
    Weapon Dmg /1375 / 1141
    Weapon Crit /16.9% / 10.0%

Spell Resist /16452 / 13615
    Phys Resist /11585 / 11481
    Crit Resist / 0 / 0

Thanks again for offering to help, much appreciated.
    Sorry for the delayed response here. I reviewed the conversation and I feel like @Nymrohd did a very good job of giving you the break down. They provided you the optimal layout for end game, and it will tear things up if you follow their advice.

Ultimately, I would agree and say you should focus on a Monster Set, and getting 2 full 5pc sets fleshed out. That alone will be a huge step forward. See below for example. If you want to use Mad Tinkerers that is fine, it is a fun set. As Nymrohd suggested, an easy set to obtain to pair with it would be Julianos. As a monster Set, I suggest going with something like Valkyn Skoria since it isn't very difficult to get. There are better sets for a Magicka based Templar, but this one is pretty darn good, and honestly, a ton of fun to use. There is something about that meteor dropping on a group that is satisfying, lol.

Weapon 1: Set 1
    Weapon 2: Set 1
    Helm: Monster Set
    Chest: Set 2
    Shoulder: Monster Set
    Gloves: Set 2
    Waist: Set 2
    Legs: Set 2
    Boots: Set 2
    Neck: Set 1
    Ring 1: Set 1
    Ring 2: Set 1

The game is fun. I finished the beginning tutorial part and was immediately massively overwhelmed with quests with no clue or suggestion as to which way to go next. No help from other players. I found a three hour video explaining the game, but it's a three hour video. So I begrudgingly turned it off. Guess I'll just stick to my heavily modded Skyrim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surreality View Post
    The game is fun. I finished the beginning tutorial part and was immediately massively overwhelmed with quests with no clue or suggestion as to which way to go next. No help from other players. I found a three hour video explaining the game, but it's a three hour video. So I begrudgingly turned it off. Guess I'll just stick to my heavily modded Skyrim.
    There is certainly a lot to take in when first starting the game. It is an established MMO with many working parts. But once you get through the initial overwhelmingness of it, the game is actually quite simple at it's core.

If you decided to jump back into it, come to use and ask for tips, we are a nice group who like to help people = )

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I played Skyrim. ESO is very similar and actually in my opinion, much better. True the game does not hold your hand as much as say, WoW. But I have not had any issues with quests and stuff to do. It helps once you do learn the map and how the quest Journal works for quests.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you grab the sub? If you don't have the sub and only have the base game then there really won't be THAT many quests to start. And if you start with the sub, you'll just start in Summerset and Summerset is fairly linear.
    If you purchase the Summerset expansion, you auto start there even if you do not have a sub. Apologies if you already know this.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I think they may do something like the werewolf DLC, where it got an overhaul, and more lore, etc. Vampire/Werewolf just add a skill line, and aesthetic. Vampires are “weaker” of the two, after the DLC.

But they are interested to RP if you join a RP guild.

What megaserver do you play on?
    Good point. I can see that too. Forgot about the Werewolf DLC.

RP? I do my own role playing, as I do in any game actually. But as far as joining a RP guild, where they stand around in say a Inn and play the char/class they are? Na. No interest in that. And I play on the North American server.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

we SHOULD be getting a zone guide later today that should help you with that. it didn't used to be so bad, back when you started at an actual start in a starting zone for your alliance, but nowadays it starts you off in whatever latest expansion you own and doesn't explain how to go back to actual start. and it IS a problem. it IS werid that other players didn't help, on PC NA at least, when you ask in chat, usually players will explain where to go to pick up original tutorial, how to get to original starting zones, etc.