Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

What was the worst movie you walked out of in the theatre?

What was the worst movie that you have walked out on in the theatre? Was there ever a movie that was so bad that made you do that?

300: Rise of an Empire
    Blood, boobs and effects.

7+ Year Old Account
    The first TMNT movie is the only one that I got up and walked out of. I was a kid when that came out though and I had gone with my parents and younger siblings, so I just hung out at the arcade machines at the theater until the movie was over. Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey I would have walked out on but it was a VHS rental that a friend had brought over, so it was as easy as pressing the stop button. :P

Since moving out on my own I only go to movies that I know will be good. If I'm even slightly unsure I download them first.

I didnt walk out of the theater, but I definitely slept through the Tiger Movie when my son was small. He slept through it too.

i'm not much of a movie person myself, and a lot of my friends disagree with me on this one, but the last movie i saw in theaters was The Gambler, and i didn't exactly walk out, instead i literally slept through 90% of the movie. I just couldn't get into it

I've never walked out on a movie. I paid for my ticket and food, so I'm damn well at least going to get my money's worth, even if the movie turns out to be bad.

That being said, I'm not really a big movie critic, so it's not hard to satisfy me. I haven't seen a lot of movies that I've hated.

I reserve going to the theater for movies people won't shut up about and which really impress me, as well as "well, I paid for this, I'm not leaving and wasting it..."

Basically, I'm cheap, and have almost entirely only seen good movies in theaters.

I know watching The Last Airbender at home I left multiple times, and kept coming back out of morbid curiosity. Does that count?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Beowulf. The only thing good about that movie was Angelina Jolie's body.

The only movie I've ever walked out on was Malibu's Most Wanted. I'm a pretty laid-back dude, but that movie was so terrible I couldn't take it anymore.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Something About Mary.

The last movie I walked out on iirc.
    You cared enough to post.

There have been a few, but I didn't walk out. Just sat there eating the best popcorn in the world.
    ~ stuff, the best thing ~

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I reserve going to the theater for movies people won't shut up about and which really impress me, as well as "well, I paid for this, I'm not leaving and wasting it..."

Basically, I'm cheap, and have almost entirely only seen good movies in theaters.

I know watching The Last Airbender at home I left multiple times, and kept coming back out of morbid curiosity. Does that count?
    That movie was SO BAD. I'm glad I didn't see it in the theater either. I know M Night Shyamalan claims to be a huge fan of the series...but from the movie you can tell he never actually watched it. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    That movie was SO BAD. I'm glad I didn't see it in the theater either. I know M Night Shyamalan claims to be a huge fan of the series...but from the movie you can tell he never actually watched it. :P
    Ssssh there has never been an avatar movie. Everyone in the avatar community agrees on it, so it has never happened. Best course of action is to just stop talking about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    Ssssh there has never been an avatar movie. Everyone in the avatar community agrees on it, so it has never happened. Best course of action is to just stop talking about it.
    This!! So much this !! LOL

OT: I didn't walk out but I should have on 'The Cat in the Hat'. To this day, I always feel I can sit through ANY movie after sitting through that steaming pile of celluloid.

As much as I wanted 'Kingsmen' to be good, there were several times when I though about walking out.

The theater across town had VERY lax security, basically all high schoolers, and me and a friend routinely got a 'twofer' and watched a second movie. (this started out in silent protest to 'TCitH' being so awful and getting our money's worth, but devolved into a monthly thing)

Quote Originally Posted by mykro9 View Post
    As much as I wanted 'Kingsmen' to be good, there were several times when I though about walking out.
    Really? My #1 movie of the year, so far.

I thought Sixth Sense was garbage and boring, I fell asleep both times I tried to watch it. It wasn't exactly "walking out" but sleeping twice is almost the same. When I was a kid, a former step brother and I got tickets to see the first 3 star wars movies, we left midway through the first movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mykro9 View Post
    This!! So much this !! LOL

OT: I didn't walk out but I should have on 'The Cat in the Hat'. To this day, I always feel I can sit through ANY movie after sitting through that steaming pile of celluloid.

The theater across town had VERY lax security, basically all high schoolers, and me and a friend routinely got a 'twofer' and watched a second movie. (this started out in silent protest to 'TCitH' being so awful and getting our money's worth, but devolved into a monthly thing)
    I didn't see the Cat in the Hat, but from what I've heard it was so bad that Dr Seuss's widow won't allow any more movies to be made from his books.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't see the Cat in the Hat, but from what I've heard it was so bad that Dr Seuss's widow won't allow any more movies to be made from his books.
    'Horton Hears a Who' and 'The Lorax' both came out after 'The Cat in the Hat', BUT were not live action, so maybe technically that is true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Really? My #1 movie of the year, so far.

I thought Sixth Sense was garbage and boring, I fell asleep both times I tried to watch it. It wasn't exactly "walking out" but sleeping twice is almost the same. When I was a kid, a former step brother and I got tickets to see the first 3 star wars movies, we left midway through the first movie.
    I don't want to be a hater, because there were some really good fight scenes, but the whole secret society that survives, a la '2012' theme, and the GOD AWFUL heads exploding into fireworks (really... REALLY?) just ruined it for me.

The Hitcher. Don't know why just awful film to me(

Deleted
    The first TMNT movie is the only one that I got up and walked out of. I was a kid when that came out though and I had gone with my parents and younger siblings, so I just hung out at the arcade machines at the theater until the movie was over. Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey I would have walked out on but it was a VHS rental that a friend had brought over, so it was as easy as pressing the stop button. :P

Since moving out on my own I only go to movies that I know will be good. If I'm even slightly unsure I download them first.
    What is this?????? I love that film

Only film I've ever walked out on was Starship Troopers, and only because the sound stopped after around 45 minutes and nobody who worked at the cinema seemed to care. Like others, I tend to only watch movies at the cinema if I hear good things about it beforehand. I'll admit I've seen some terrible films at the cinema despite this, but they are few and far between (Alien vs Predator was probably the closest I cam to walking out on because it was shit!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Never. My cinema visits are roughly of the same frequency as Halley's Comet, so I make sure its a good one before I go.
    "I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different." ~Kurt Vonnegut.