Is there a trick for Delegation quest (Shannox only) solo

I've been trying to collect 3rd item from Shanox. I can kill him very easily but I need him to spawn the fragment for delegation quest.
    Tried this morning as a boomy, waited he was beating me with 1 of his dogs till I had 29 stacks and I just dropped dead (could not heal myself).

I searched youtube videos and could not find anything.

Any help would be appreciated
    Thanks

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by magazz View Post
    I've been trying to collect 3rd item from Shanox. I can kill him very easily but I need him to spawn the fragment for delegation quest.
    Tried this morning as a boomy, waited he was beating me with 1 of his dogs till I had 29 stacks and I just dropped dead (could not heal myself).

I searched youtube videos and could not find anything.

Any help would be appreciated
    Thanks
    You need to pick an emberstone fragment next to a shattered crystal prison trap.
    So... Put a dot on rageface and kite riplimb to a crystal prison trap when Shannox throws one at you.

When Riplimb falls into the trap, he will shatter it and you can pick up the fragment on the ground.

When you have three fragments, use them to create the dull focus.

THEN

when Shannox throws his spear (FETCH YOUR SUPPER!), drop the dull focus near the impact point and collect the charged focus.

For the first part, both dogs must be alive because i don't think he lays crystal prison traps if rageface is dead. The dot is there to break his "facerage".
    For the second part, riplimb must be alive or Shannox will not throw his spear.

Also, you don't have to collect the three fragments in one pull. If you can vanish/feign death/shadowmeld/turn invisible, you can use that to quickly reset the fight if you want to. That'll make it a little easier.
    Last edited by stym; 2015-03-09 at 07:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shannox will not spawn the traps if you're alone.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Shannox will not spawn the traps if you're alone.
    Forgot about that. I did it with a warlock so I did have a pet and thus was not really alone.

I'm guessing frost mages, shadow priests and shamans should be able to do it. Druids can too with Force of Nature treants.
    Last edited by stym; 2015-03-09 at 07:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stym View Post
    Forgot about that. I did it with a warlock so I did have a pet and thus was not really alone.

I'm guessing frost mages, shadow priests and shamans should be able to do it. Not sure about Druid treants though.
    I think druids can do it with good timing. After all, you don't need to get all three fragments on the same try.

Thanks everyone. I tried trents and it's not working they dissapear too fast I guess

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by magazz View Post
    Thanks everyone. I tried trents and it's not working they dissapear too fast I guess
    One trick druids used is to body pull shannox close to the raid entrance but not attack him, and then throw a treant at him. I don't think Shannox is tauntable so you must really let your treants do the damage.
    If you throw all treants at him he'll throw his traps and you can then kite a dog in it.
    After you pick up the fragment, exit the raid and reenter to reset the boss and do that again until you get three fragments.
    If you play a night elf you might be able to shadowmeld to reset the fight.

If none of that works, consider enlisting a friend, it really takes a few minutes.

15+ Year Old Account
    i was having the same issue with my lock with all the damage level 90 lock my trick was i burned rageface just leaving riplimb up and kitting the dog into the trap or having my pet get me out of the traps might easier for you to kill one dog then just having both dogs up

Quote Originally Posted by stym View Post

I'm guessing frost mages, shadow priests and shamans should be able to do it. Druids can too with Force of Nature treants.
    I tried it on my shaman and he wasn't casting traps even with elemental and spirit wolves up, with magma totem ticking away on rageface to break his stun. Shannox just melee'd me and occasionally threw his spear, not a single trap was thrown out.

That's with Primal Elementalist talent which essentially makes elementals temp pets.

You should pull Shannox with Force of nature and he will spawn the trap. Don't think you have anything to drop aggro with unless you're a nelf and can shadowmeld but displacer beast into the fragment and loot it before you get hit.

Do it as tank and the rageface doesn't jump and you just sit there taking 0 dmg

Quote Originally Posted by Nami69 View Post
    Do it as tank and the rageface doesn't jump and you just sit there taking 0 dmg
    Thats completely not what the OP asked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    Captain hier because this comes up in-game alot:
    Kill Rageface for less annoyance and then attack Shannox with a Pet to mek him spawn traps:

-Druid Force of Nature
    -Warlock Demon
    -Mage Water Elemental
    -Shaman Fyre totem
    Why oh why did I not google this yesterday Tried for like an hour, then asked a guildie to help spawn traps. Was pretty embarassing to ask for help in Firelands especially since most people don't know what is needed for a quest.

Druids can use Force of Nature and trick him with treants. They count and he will throw the spear. I did it as feral.

It takes a bit of patience and timing though (and the damage can actually ramp up from the de-buff, before all three spears are up); a friend is the easiest way.
    Resto Druid - Temerity - 7/7M @ 3 Days / Week

I tried trents and it's not working they dissapear too fast I guess
    Last edited by obinderwer; 2015-06-10 at 07:51 AM.