Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Thanks Ogg for posting such a great screenshots! I'll implement them in OP.

Since Vanilla? Or since Artraft where their new models have been revealed? :P
    Just asking out of curiosity.
    Both actually, I had a female shaman since the early days and I loved her very much but eventually grew out because her quality wasn't on par with the rest of the environment/gear. It felt like a sore thumb. But with the update I'm falling in love all over again. One of the best in my opinion!

Though I gotta admit it was not the posture that bugged me in Zandalari models- it was the glowing eyes. It felt so wrong. Trolls aren't Like elves, and neither are they Titan constructions. I loved the eyes in troll models, that gave them so much personality.
    I don't think they always had glowing eyes, I have a personal theory that it's related to the Thunder King, they look like they were partially enhanced by his magic...

But I agree they looked a bit too much like Night Elves... On the other hand I found their lack of fangs and their lack of a primal hunch interesting, indicating that the Zandalari's descendents have truly become more animalistic after their "fall".

Deleted
    Males look like crap and females have stiff, ugly combat animations because the model that made into vanilla wow was very different than the alpha model, so it was kinda rushed and poorly animated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oggudrai View Post
    Though I feel they went too far and exaggerated their slimness, since I feel their limbs look a bit less muscular than before now, and their latissimus dorsi muscles are just flat textures on their backs at about now... Which they weren't before on the original!

Despite this I will say that I wish they had given them more of a Vol'jin like build, that tones up the jungle troll physique but still keeps them lean, lithe and lanky. Especially now that they went and doubled the muscle mass of the Draenei and bulked up the Night elf male I'm kind of thinking "okay, you know what? If we're going to do that than you might as well give trolls Vol'jin's build)

However, I don't -need- them to have a build like that, if they just give them a higher polygon version of their old-model build I'd be more than happy.

To do this they need to, obviously, fill out the back, more specifically the latissimus dorsi muscles, make their shoulders as big as they were before again (they're actually smaller now), make their triceps less flat and preferrably raise them higher up from the elbows, and give their thighs the contours and volume they used to have on the old model...
    Ohh, you know, I had never noticed trolls were slightly skinnier now (I guess I haven't spent quite enough time looking at my trolls half-naked). That's weird... They should just keep them the way they were...

I have mixed feelings on Vol'jin's model, I like the texture of his skin and muscles, but I find him slightly too chunky. Only slightly though, I suspect I could get used to it in a hypothetical situation where our characters would be modeled on his, but I guess I prefer the lankier style. But mostly what bothers me about his model is the ridiculous goblin ears. What's up with that ? Seriously.

Edit : Speaking of the new Zandalari model, I'm upset by their lack of diversity in hairstyles and design in general, thinking of how Molthor and Al'tabim look nothing like their former selves. And why grey skin ? Their old pink-purple skin tone would have fit better IMO (and is a nice callback to their link with elves). I'll blame it on Lei Shen's powers, but still, while I'm okay with the new model, it should have looked a little more like the old NPCs I think... The art designers have said this is how they had always envisioned the Zandalari, but I have trouble believing that with the bizarre skin color change. There is no reason why the first Zandalari model couldn't have had grey skin if this is how they were always supposed to be. The whole Zandalari case is just... weird, to me.
    Last edited by mmoc28280ad8ec; 2015-04-23 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seahnjin View Post
    Ohh, you know, I had never noticed trolls were slightly skinnier now (I guess I haven't spent quite enough time looking at my trolls half-naked). That's weird... They should just keep them the way they were...

I have mixed feelings on Vol'jin's model, I like the texture of his skin and muscles, but I find him slightly too chunky. Only slightly though, I suspect I could get used to it in a hypothetical situation where our characters would be modeled on his, but I guess I prefer the lankier style. But mostly what bothers me about his model is the ridiculous goblin ears. What's up with that ? Seriously.

Edit : Speaking of the new Zandalari model, I'm upset by their lack of diversity in hairstyles and design in general, thinking of how Molthor and Al'tabim look nothing like their former selves. And why grey skin ? Their old pink-purple skin tone would have fit better IMO (and is a nice callback to their link with elves). I'll blame it on Lei Shen's powers, but still, while I'm okay with the new model, it should have looked a little more like the old NPCs I think... The art designers have said this is how they had always envisioned the Zandalari, but I have trouble believing that with the bizarre skin color change. There is no reason why the first Zandalari model couldn't have had grey skin if this is how they were always supposed to be. The whole Zandalari case is just... weird, to me.
    I can see your point, and agree that getting a build -exactly- like Vol'jin's might have been too much, because his arms are not just more toned bit actually thicker than that of the playable troll.

What I mean with a build like Vol'jin's (and -just- the body, not his face or ears) is that I would like the same muscular contours but not the same girth as his. He should probably look a little more extraordinary compared to your average jungle troll. But if our limbs could have gotten the same -contours- (more noticeable triceps mostly) I think we could have benefitted from that... But I repeat what I said earlier, so long as they reverse the changes they did in making them even "skinnier" (I never thought them skinny per se but now they -do- look skinny compared to their old selves) I'll be satisfied.

Agreed regarding the Zandalari being a bit off... I think they meant in build and posture, that slightly regal demeanour, whereas they're all kind of enhanced looking like Jin'rokh the Destroyer, minus the lightning lines. So I blame the Thunder King for the hues!
    Last edited by Oggudrai; 2015-04-23 at 12:33 PM.

Oh, of course I do ! But I unsuscribed in January because of real life reasons (exam of my life coming up in 5 weeks). Sometimes when I feel like it, I play my starter edition accounts, to get the Noblegarden mount for example, but that's it. As soon as that exam is done, I'm resuscribing and posting selfies of my trolls in various states of undress... uh, I mean, posting screenshots of what's wrong with the new models.

And I love the lack of shoes ! It gives trolls a wild feel. It's not our fault all the other (non-hooved) races have feet that are too soft.
    Same here, Sometimes I unsubb becuase I have more important things to do, just like righ now I barely log on becuase I have a college, but I still pop and check some minor stuff. And I fite for teh trolls :P

But hmm I do kinda see a point with boots for trolls, I guess plate users could sometimes have them. But overall I never had problms with bare feet anyway.

Yeah that tended to tick me off plenty too... People just not realizing that these models are for the PLAYERS of the original model and those who appreciated the characteristics of the old, not for players who never liked them to begin with! GTFO! xD I'm glad Chris Robinson listened regarding this... Though I feel they went too far and exaggerated their slimness, since I feel their limbs look a bit less muscular than before now, and their latissimus dorsi muscles are just flat textures on their backs at about now... Which they weren't before on the original!

Despite this I will say that I wish they had given them more of a Vol'jin like build, that tones up the jungle troll physique but still keeps them lean, lithe and lanky. Especially now that they went and doubled the muscle mass of the Draenei and bulked up the Night elf male I'm kind of thinking "okay, you know what? If we're going to do that than you might as well give jungle trolls Vol'jin's build"

However, I don't -need- them to have a build like that, if they just give them a higher polygon version of their old-model build I'd be more than happy.

To do this they need to, obviously, fill out the back, more specifically the latissimus dorsi muscles, make their shoulders as big as they were before again (they're actually smaller now), make their triceps less flat and preferrably raise them higher up from the elbows, and give their thighs the contours and volume they used to have on the old model...

- - - Updated - - -

Like... 80% of this thread is dedicated to showing that "all those tweaks and changes" to the troll male doesn't really exist, and the troll female haven't gotten that many, partly because she was so gorgeous to begin with... Barefoot and all :P
    And agreed again. Many players wanted to have Vol'Jin body build, muscular but still fit, lanky and jungle trollish. And I was also on the board with it. Though right now I'll be happy if they'd at least update the body texture so it's on pair with their women.

Quote Originally Posted by Underhoe View Post
    Both actually, I had a female shaman since the early days and I loved her very much but eventually grew out because her quality wasn't on par with the rest of the environment/gear. It felt like a sore thumb. But with the update I'm falling in love all over again. One of the best in my opinion!
    Awww, same here. Though I have a priestess and she was standing out so much among belves and undeads. I enjoyed troll females despite obvious flaws, and I'm glad new model changed most of them. Though I wish they did enhanced their melee animations.

Quote Originally Posted by Ever present View Post
    Males look like crap and females have stiff, ugly combat animations because the model that made into vanilla wow was very different than the alpha model, so it was kinda rushed and poorly animated.
    I wouldn't call them crap stright away, I think they're good looking but it's not the level of quality they should get. Hence why this thread is mostly focusing on them. Female looks gorgeous but I agree that devs shoul've enhanced their melee animations to feel more powerful and trollish. They're lacking in agility and strenght that is characteristical for trolls. Ironicaly they did improved casting animations to be more impressive, and to have more volume.
    So let's hope they'll re-visit melee department.
    Last edited by Ramz; 2015-04-23 at 02:18 PM.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

I get the sense you're talking about the original male model and not just the new one... In which case I have to say that I don't think this thread is for you.

Deleted
    I get the sense you're talking about the original male model and not just the new one... In which case I have to say that I don't think this thread is for you.
    Nope. The male troll looks like crap and always did so. What with those long skinny legs, long skinny arms, hunched over and with a stupid look on its face. The female model looks great...until it moves.

Nope. The male troll looks like crap and always did so. What with those long skinny legs, long skinny arms, hunched over and with a stupid look on its face. The female model looks great...until it moves.
    Ugh matter of taste... I always enjoyed troll males and their look. But with troll female her run has been tweaked, I posted it on OP, but video don't really give that much justice since you have to try it yourself to really get the difference, and it is huge.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Oooh love the ponyhawk hairstyle, if only it was in game...

I do think the hands and feet of the Male Troll lack detail compared to the female Troll (as does the body textures tbh). I also think the facepaint colours don't match up with the originals enough either. Minor issues compared to the general overall improvements, but still some I'd like to see fixed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh and I liked new Tauren female run animation a lot. I think it's perfect. But I can write in OP to tone down by tiny bit the bounce, but keep overall same animation, or perhaps tone down the speed. -tiny bit-. Becuase I don't trust devs that much, they can break things while trying to fix something.

Oh and Snuzzle, how do you like my hairstyles designs ?
    Tauren female looks like she's running underwater, no weight to her at all, I hate it D:

But I LOVE your hairstyle suggestions. I'd rock a ponyhawk in a heartbeat.

Sig by Isilrien

Whatevs, mon. Thanks for da bump

Deleted
    Just what would I do without those charming long limbs and that delightful hunch ?

Ah, not roll a troll, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosstafa View Post
    I do think the hands and feet of the Male Troll lack detail compared to the female Troll (as does the body textures tbh). I also think the facepaint colours don't match up with the originals enough either. Minor issues compared to the general overall improvements, but still some I'd like to see fixed.
    Though, yes, there are even bigger problems than those with for instance the unfinished geometry of the model, it's also very important to stress the things you're mentioning; so thanks a lot for your contribution!

Even with the big fixes that needs addressed to just make this a finished model, they should also - according to their own goals and what they promised with these new models - be making sure that things like the facepaint hues and other details remain faithful to the original.

One example is the facepaint that goes with the light green hair colour. Before its facepaint used to be a really dark green... Now its a light green, all the way over to the other end of the spectrum with that colour.

- - - Updated - - -

Just what would I do without those charming long limbs and that delightful hunch ?

Ah, not roll a troll, I suppose.
    Indeed... And before I'd use the word "skinny" I'd call them "lithely muscular" and "lanky". There's plenty of meat on them, in terms of mass they're at about (or at least used to be with the old model) the same as a human just stretched out over 8 feet... And we all know how ridiculously roided up those humies look.

And the hunch is a primal stance yo... http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PrimalStance
    Last edited by Oggudrai; 2015-04-23 at 06:34 PM.

Deleted
    Indeed... And before I'd use the word "skinny" I'd call them "lithely muscular" or "lanky". There's plenty of meat on them, in terms of mass they're at about (or at least used to be with the old model) the same as a human just stretched out over 8 feet... And we all know how ridiculously roided up those humies look.
    Oh, this. People calling the trolls "skinny" is such a good indicator of how fucked up proportions are in the Warcraft universe. It's not the Darkspears who are skinny, it's pretty much everybody else who is ridiculously hulked out, save for the "little" races and the decaying dudes. They're lithe and wiry. I'm a skinny muscleless stick, and trust me, my arms and legs look nothing like a female troll's.

I like my trolls deceptively strong :3 Makes it all the sweeter when we surprise the crap out of our underestimating opponents.

That said I want this new model filled out a little bit... At least back to what they used to be, even if it's just subtle... Once you keep the comparison in mind it's hard not to notice. Not to ruin it for any male troll players here D:

Oh, this. People calling the trolls "skinny" is such a good indicator of how fucked up proportions are in the Warcraft universe. It's not the Darkspears who are skinny, it's pretty much everybody else who is ridiculously hulked out, save for the "little" races and the decaying dudes. They're lithe and wiry. I'm a skinny muscleless stick, and trust me, my arms and legs look nothing like a female troll's.
    Though, yes, there are even bigger problems than those with for instance the unfinished geometry of the model, it's also very important to stress the things you're mentioning; so thanks a lot for your contribution!

Even with the big fixes that needs addressed to just make this a finished model, they should also - according to their own goals and what they promised with these new models - be making sure that things like the facepaint hues and other details remain faithful to the original.

One example is the facepaint that goes with the light green hair colour. Before its facepaint used to be a really dark green... Now its a light green, all the way over to the other end of the spectrum with that colour.

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed... And before I'd use the word "skinny" I'd call them "lithely muscular" and "lanky". There's plenty of meat on them, in terms of mass they're at about (or at least used to be with the old model) the same as a human just stretched out over 8 feet... And we all know how ridiculously roided up those humies look.

And the hunch is a primal stance yo... http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PrimalStance
    I like my trolls deceptively strong :3 Makes it all the sweeter when we surprise the crap out of our underestimating opponents.

That said I want this new model filled out a little bit... At least back to what they used to be, even if it's just subtle... Once you keep the comparison in mind it's hard not to notice. Not to ruin it for any male troll players here D:

This is also the reason why I made my shaman a male troll, he was not ridiculously muscular, and he fitted with my vision of shaman plus fantastic animations :] . But he still was muscular to realistic degree.

It's not my artwork :P

Soon 100 posts! There is reward for the one who will get it!
    Last edited by Ramz; 2015-04-23 at 07:18 PM.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Deleted
    Such a cool artwork ! Reminds me of why I fell in love with trolls in Warcraft 2, cool hair, badass tusks and tribal warpaint and accessories.

And I still want a green skin tone for playable trolls. Or just plain an option to make Forest Trolls. Revantusks are in the Horde ! We should also get the unique Shatterspear skin tones, i.e. dark purple, ice blue and the light khaki green. (omg poor Shatterspears tho Cataclysm broke my heart)

Such a cool artwork ! Reminds me of why I fell in love with trolls in Warcraft 2, cool hair, badass tusks and tribal warpaint and accessories.

And I still want a green skin tone for playable trolls. Or just plain an option to make Forest Trolls. Revantusks are in the Horde ! We should also get the unique Shatterspear skin tones, i.e. dark purple, ice blue and the light khaki green. (omg poor Shatterspears tho Cataclysm broke my heart)

Don't get me started on Shatterspear -_- , though by the name of tribe I already predicted what they're designed for (wipeout), this still pissess me off >: [
    Why Blizzard couldn't leave them as one of WoW's mysteries? Why they have to make out of them another pinata "Yay for the might of Kaldorei" *blegh*

Oh I made 100# Post! Thanks a lot for attention and replies! It's very appreciated, and keep going guys spread awareness, let Blizzard finally adress those issues. But now...

Here is Cute Vol'Jin's Approval!

Last edited by Ramz; 2015-04-23 at 07:43 PM.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria