I had been waiting for a SMT V release date before picking up a Switch but I went ahead I got one already. I got Octopath and Monster Hunter Generations and I've been having fun on it so far. I realized that this was the first Nintendo console I've had since the original NES when I was a kid. (I did have a Gameboy SP and 3DS) but I never had any of the home consoles lol.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Which is why a lot of people stay ignorant

You know what would be better than a new Switch version? A "pro" dock with;

- A processor that helps with the docked work load to guarantee constant 60fps; Zelda's performance still makes me cringe from time to time.
    - The possibility to insert multiple games into the dock, which can be accessed from the main menu without having to swap cartridges.
    - A soft cover at the inside to avoid screen scratches.
    if you look at the sales of the pro and the x i think a switch "pro" would be a huge waste of development time and money. a smaller more portable switch would make them more money and would widen their market more than a pro would which would only cater to a small niche
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    if you look at the sales of the pro and the x i think a switch "pro" would be a huge waste of development time and money. a smaller more portable switch would make them more money and would widen their market more than a pro would which would only cater to a small niche
    Are you suggesting that the PS4 pro was somehow a failure?

It had like 10% of the sales the regular version had. It was not a massive profit like a new version of a gameboy or ds was for nintendo. Same for the xbone x.

Seeing how Sony and MS both baked the sales of the Pro/X into their base systems, Yes it was a failure.

Only thing we ever heard was that for awhile 20% of PS4 sales was a pro. Believe it or not but a vast majority of console gamer's really give no fuck's about 4K or performance.

Sony hasn't reported on Pro sales in like a year, It was a failure.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Really, the last mid-gen hardware upgrade I can remember selling well, is the GBC, but that's because it had a large number of exclusives. Nowadays, platform holders don't want to segment their audience, so upgrade exclusives are few and far between, meaning the only people who will buy these upgrades are enthusiasts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    This is false, literally all you need to kill every boss in XC2 is levels. In 1 and especially X you need proper builds. In fact Xs build system is so deep you can literally go from not even being able to kill Pharis in an Ares90 to being able to wreck her on foot. There is literally no depth like that in XC2.
    With Xenoblade 2, it's less the game has less depth and more simplification.

As for levels, the original Xenoblade was the same. I had multiple bosses while playing where the extra stats/new art or closing the gap between my level and the boss' (the original had a stat decrease when you were underleveled compared to a boss). X focused more on class levels, rather than character levels as most stats you get were from gear (which had level limits), and class levels gave you more arts and skills to work with.

And builds are pretty much what's going to help you survive at lower levels. You aren't going to survive fighting a superboss when you are lower than 90 unless you have some tank Blades, and that's not including augments, accessories, and food.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...-2_hd_remaster

Unless you are going to import from Japan/South Asia, if you pick up FFX/X-2 HD for Switch (and XBO), you are going to have to digitally download X-2.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Really, the last mid-gen hardware upgrade I can remember selling well, is the GBC, but that's because it had a large number of exclusives. Nowadays, platform holders don't want to segment their audience, so upgrade exclusives are few and far between, meaning the only people who will buy these upgrades are enthusiasts.
    To be fair, comparatively GBC was much bigger jump than PS4 Pro.

GBC doubled the clock speed, has thrice the RAM and added color. Latter especially was much more noticeable for average consumer than 4K HDR, especifically if they don't own 4K HDR TV.
    Last edited by Lahis; 2019-01-25 at 12:56 AM.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...-2_hd_remaster

Unless you are going to import from Japan/South Asia, if you pick up FFX/X-2 HD for Switch (and XBO), you are going to have to digitally download X-2.
    Funny how the definitive version is the PS4/PS3 releases...

This is Square being lazy and cheap as fuck.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

https://smash.oatmealdome.me/popup_news/2011/en-US/

Dataminers have discovered a high probability of Smash Ultimate 2.0 being out next week.

Does BOTW ever go on sale on the eshop?
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Basically, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    It's been on sale maybe one or 2 times for $49.99 I think.

Nintendo doesn't really discount their own games digitally outside of certain events(e3, TGA, and holiday sale). So I would wager it won't be on sale digitally until e3, if then even.

Your best bet is finding it on sale physically if that's an option... it's far more common to be discounted 20-25% physically.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-01-25 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    It had like 10% of the sales the regular version had. It was not a massive profit like a new version of a gameboy or ds was for nintendo. Same for the xbone x.
    Wasn't it meant for a niche audience though? I think I read somewhere it was aimed at a small group of people that was interested in VR and/or wanted 4k capability. Yoshida also said it sold more that Sony anticipated.

A "Pro" dock could be aimed at the same type of audience: People with a larger than average disposable income, who're willing to pay an extra premium for better performance. Not unlike a Pro controller, if you will.

I'd buy one, right away.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/...061317120?s=19

Metroid Prime 4 being rebooted. Being developed by Retro.

15+ Year Old Account

Although I'm disappointed it will be a longer wait now, I think that its for the better. I liked the previous Prime games and having the studio that actually worked on them make 4 seems like the best idea.

10+ Year Old Account

Another game reboot..sigh...

We are getting another one in few days:
    https://www.nintendo.com/games/detai...d-mummy-switch

2003 game...
    I want new games dammit.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    PepeHands Noooooooo

Metroid Prime 4 confirmed for Switch 2!

This is great news too me! Retro knocked it out of the park with Metroid Prime 1 and 2... not so much 3 but eh still a great game.

I was hoping they would announce the trilogy for Switch in the meantime.
    Ah well.