Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Their Splatoon explanation makes sense but it's still their fault.

We don't want players to cheat... gee maybe if progress and ranking wasn't on your fucking save file and stored on the servers like every other online MP game in the universe they wouldn't be able to cheat using it.
    To me their excuse makes zero season for two reasons.

1) Splatoon suffers from huge amounts of cheating already

and

2) The shit should be server side to begin with.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Its been known since like early last summer that was the case.

Its really shitty and their reason is dumb as fuck.
    Doesn't help to know it beforehand when your Switch just dies and the data is gone with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean Woolly World was 60 fps and hit a native 720p on the Wii U and looked basically just as good. Hell they even downgraded it and it stayed at 60 fps on the N3DS.

This feels more like they prioritized shitty graphical effects like depth of field, or had some back door deal to use UE4 for the fuck of it over resolution, then the actual frame rate. Pretty sure every Yoshi game has been 60 fps.
    Not holing my breath, but im hoping they patch it after launch like botw. Id be happyish with 600p portable, 800-900p docked.

- - - Updated - - -

DQ 11 looks a lot better than I thought it would on Switch though. I remember some people seemed to think it would be running a different version than the ps4 one, or build from the ground up, but it looks an awful lot like the ps4 version.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hope that pokemon king and queen are real because i want queen for obvious reasons

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I hope that pokemon king and queen are real because i want queen for obvious reasons
    Too bad we're getting Ultra Let's Go versions.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

Quote Originally Posted by Farath View Post
    Too bad we're getting Ultra Let's Go versions.

https://twitter.com/_Mizumi/status/1...927104/photo/1

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Best bet with any Pokemon rumors is to ignore anything other than possible trademarks and imminent Direct announcements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone want another pokemon snap or Pokemon stadium?

Pokemon Stadium 3. All modes from previous games. All pokemon in it. Tons of minigames. Story mode where you play through a story like XD Gale of Darkness.

Pokemon Snap and Ranger could be fused together. Ranger story mode with snap side game.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Best bet with any Pokemon rumors is to ignore anything other than possible trademarks and imminent Direct announcements.
    This is the best bet with any rumors.

Unless they come from ubisoft, then they're probably true.

I'm actually partially convinced that star fox grand prix shit was the starlink shit we saw in the direct, cause everything ubisoft leaks ends up existing and almost all other leaks end up being bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post

Pokemon Stadium 3. All modes from previous games. All pokemon in it. Tons of minigames. Story mode where you play through a story like XD Gale of Darkness.

Pokemon Snap and Ranger could be fused together. Ranger story mode with snap side game.
    There is no need for a Pokemon Stadium when Nintendo is not separated at the handheld and console levels. You could simply have a stadium like mode in the main games(or as dlc). Probably not happening either way though.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the best bet with any rumors.

Unless they come from ubisoft, then they're probably true.

I'm actually partially convinced that star fox grand prix shit was the starlink shit we saw in the direct, cause everything ubisoft leaks ends up existing and almost all other leaks end up being bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

There is no need for a Pokemon Stadium when Nintendo is not separated at the handheld and console levels. You could simply have a stadium like mode in the main games(or as dlc). Probably not happening either way though.
    I mainly want more mini games lol.

- - - Updated - - -

I want to know what Retro has been working on for years. Possible they were working on something, but it was canceled, but that would be soul-crushing for the devs.

My three hopes for gen 8 is a fully controllable camera, pokemon on the overworld again and a camera with a mini game that harks back to Pokemon Snap. It's been way too long.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

10+ Year Old Account
    My three hopes for gen 8 is a fully controllable camera, pokemon on the overworld again and a camera with a mini game that harks back to Pokemon Snap. It's been way too long.
    What if they do online minigames in the lobby with stadium style minigames online. Even its its just like 10 of them I would be in love.

- - - Updated - - -

I also like the catching system of lets go, but I dont want it to be the main way to catch wild pokemon. I want battles back. Hoping they do some kind of Safari Zone 2.0 and keep the lets go catching system for that.

Honestly just imagine a free roam pokemon snap that recycled the botw engine -which already is an open world with a camera/photo mechanic- and play as rangers rather than trainers and you got a pretty hot idea for a snap sequel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Honestly just imagine a free roam pokemon snap that recycled the botw engine -which already is an open world with a camera/photo mechanic- and play as rangers rather than trainers and you got a pretty hot idea for a snap sequel.
    I want it now.

There is no need for Pokemon Stadium games anymore. Their whole gimmick was "see your Pokemon in full 3D on the big console!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    There is no need for Pokemon Stadium games anymore. Their whole gimmick was "see your Pokemon in full 3D on the big console!"
    Idk, I found the minigames fun, and the cups were cool. I guess it is outdated, but I want more modes/options in modern pokemon games. Or at least a pokemon mini game collection.

I only wish for Sinnoh remake or next gen. Alola was a bit meh to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatagarasu View Post
    I only wish for Sinnoh remake or next gen. Alola was a bit meh to me.
    No more remakes!!!!!
    Pokemon had way to many.

FireRed and LeafGreen -- Generation 1 -- Pokémon Red and Green
    HeartGold and SoulSilver --- Generation 2 Pokémon Gold and Silver
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire -- Generation 3 Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire
    Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Let's Go, Eevee! -- Generation 1 Pokemon Yellow

Of the remakes we miss:
    Gen 2 -- Crystal
    Gen 4 -- Pokémon Diamond and Pearl (100% this is gona me a remake) and its also the worst one. + Pokémon Platinum
    Gen 5 -- Pokémon Black and White (that one was kinda unfinished), Pokémon Black and White 2 (this one does deserve a remake)
    Gen 6 -- Pokémon X and Y
    Gen 7 -- Pokémon Sun and Moon / Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon (lets go also counts as this generation)
    Gen 8 -- Unknown .... but its 100% a new area and its top secret as you cant even find any information in ultra sun and moon abauth it. No tips, nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    No more remakes!!!!!
    Pokemon had way to many.

FireRed and LeafGreen -- Generation 1 -- Pokémon Red and Green
    HeartGold and SoulSilver --- Generation 2 Pokémon Gold and Silver
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire -- Generation 3 Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire
    Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Let's Go, Eevee! -- Generation 1 Pokemon Yellow

Of the remakes we miss:
    Gen 2 -- Crystal
    Gen 4 -- Pokémon Diamond and Pearl (100% this is gona me a remake) and its also the worst one. + Pokémon Platinum
    Gen 5 -- Pokémon Black and White (that one was kinda unfinished), Pokémon Black and White 2 (this one does deserve a remake)
    Gen 6 -- Pokémon X and Y
    Gen 7 -- Pokémon Sun and Moon / Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon (lets go also counts as this generation)
    Gen 8 -- Unknown .... but its 100% a new area and its top secret as you cant even find any information in ultra sun and moon abauth it. No tips, nothing.
    Too bad, we're likely going back to Sinnoh next year, and likely back to Johto (and Kanto...again) either in 2021 or 2022.

I think the aversion to remakes is likely more an aversion to Kanto and gen 1 pandering in general.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the SInnoh remakes as that was the point where I dropped out of the series until Black and White came out, and is the one region where a lot of the QoL improvements the series has had would definitely improve.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Too bad, we're likely going back to Sinnoh next year, and likely back to Johto (and Kanto...again) either in 2021 or 2022.

I think the aversion to remakes is likely more an aversion to Kanto and gen 1 pandering in general.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the SInnoh remakes as that was the point where I dropped out of the series until Black and White came out, and is the one region where a lot of the QoL improvements the series has had would definitely improve.
    Honestly i'd rather see another sequel than remake. Like a Pokemon Gold and Silver 2 or something. Jump ahead and show the locations after the events of the first, with changes in technology and pokemon with it.

Plstinum remake or sequel would be great, since I also skipped out on DPPt. Lapsed out after Ruby and got brought back in by HG.