10+ Year Old Account
    Finally finished Three Houses (Golden Deer Route) and I'm kinda mixed on it. I was like obsessed with it for like the first 40 hours of it, but shortly after the timeskip I kinda just lost interest a bit. For a game split into 3 paths, honestly the game is a bit too long for my tastes. My playthrough clocked in at like 75 hours and I was kinda just waiting for it to be over at the end. Also, I feel as if the story after the timeskip was kinda boring compared to pre-timeskip but that's probably due to the route I chose even though I like Claude's route overall.

I think my issue is that there's so much going on between each battle and while I really like the battles and the characters in this game, having like 3 hours of running around the monastery, talking to people, listening to support conversations, and then building up all your student's skills before getting to the next fight became painful towards the end to the point where I just skipped the last 3 months basically.

I'd say I'd give it an 8.5 overall. I'd say I enjoyed Path of Radiance and Awakening more personally. I'm gonna take a break for a little bit and then do a Black Eagles playthrough so we'll see if I enjoy that more.

To let those know who don't.

If you are shopping for a Switch and want the version 2, The box looks completely different than the original.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Finally finished Three Houses (Golden Deer Route) and I'm kinda mixed on it. I was like obsessed with it for like the first 40 hours of it, but shortly after the timeskip I kinda just lost interest a bit. For a game split into 3 paths, honestly the game is a bit too long for my tastes. My playthrough clocked in at like 75 hours and I was kinda just waiting for it to be over at the end. Also, I feel as if the story after the timeskip was kinda boring compared to pre-timeskip but that's probably due to the route I chose even though I like Claude's route overall.

I think my issue is that there's so much going on between each battle and while I really like the battles and the characters in this game, having like 3 hours of running around the monastery, talking to people, listening to support conversations, and then building up all your student's skills before getting to the next fight became painful towards the end to the point where I just skipped the last 3 months basically.

I'd say I'd give it an 8.5 overall. I'd say I enjoyed Path of Radiance and Awakening more personally. I'm gonna take a break for a little bit and then do a Black Eagles playthrough so we'll see if I enjoy that more.
    There's actually 4 paths you can take. If you go the Black Eagle House route, there's two points where you can create different paths.

When you talk to Edelgarde during the 11th month of chapter 1, agreeing to go to the capital with her changes your story path. Also, you can either choose to side with or against her twice after that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    There's actually 4 paths you can take. If you go the Black Eagle House route, there's two points where you can create different paths.

When you talk to Edelgarde during the 11th month of chapter 1, agreeing to go to the capital with her changes your story path. Also, you can either choose to side with or against her twice after that
    I'm aware, but the other path shares a lot of content with the Golden Deers path, like I think it only has 2 unique chapters compared to the 6 of the other paths.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post

TBH BE paths are probably the worst part about an otherwise great game. You either choose a path that is pretty similar to GD or you choose a path that literally has 4 less chapters then every other path in the game.

Wouldn't recommend that house at all for first playthrough, save the alternate 18 chapter BE path for your 3rd run because it's short and unique the other path is basically meaningless if you played GD.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have the feeling that the shorter BE path was a bit of an afterthought conceived later into development and didn't get as much focus, since it also shifts dealing with the actual antagonists of a lot of the game into just an epilogue mention, while you're siding with the faction that had the most active cooperation with them before that too, in a route that has less maps than the others.

The transition into the time skip were also handled in a much more sloppy manner. BL had a full cutscene for it, no such thing in that BE route

I do suggest to anyone planning on multiple playthroughs of Three Houses, don't go overboard on recruiting. Get a few of the characters you want and stop, the first half of the game's main story is basically the same outside of some dialogue changes so for it to not be a slog on repeat plays you really want to have a bunch of new character supports to watch, and new paralogues to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I do suggest to anyone planning on multiple playthroughs of Three Houses, don't go overboard on recruiting. Get a few of the characters you want and stop, the first half of the game's main story is basically the same outside of some dialogue changes so for it to not be a slog on repeat plays you really want to have a bunch of new character supports to watch, and new paralogues to do.
    With a new game + you can pretty much increase their rep. And some characters are kinda mess and pain to increase in job you want them to be. Also each leader of a house + butler have different talks with those characters, so you can miss those if you dont recrut other houses.

I am on my 2nd play and i only miss 2 more characters to recrut from another house. And i simply lvl them with auto combat skipping (nah no hardmode enabled when i want to see everything) and watching tv in meenwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    With a new game + you can pretty much increase their rep. And some characters are kinda mess and pain to increase in job you want them to be. Also each leader of a house + butler have different talks with those characters, so you can miss those if you dont recrut other houses.

I am on my 2nd play and i only miss 2 more characters to recrut from another house. And i simply lvl them with auto combat skipping (nah no hardmode enabled when i want to see everything) and watching tv in meenwhile.
    I mean anyone welcome to not take the advice.

But anyone who doesn't want the first half of the game to be literally 90% identical to the other ones shouldn't go hard on the recruiting. You literally only need a handful of recruits to round out each house and make them viable, no point in over recruiting on first play through and seeing content that can make your 2nd and 3rd ones less of a slog.

Recruiting everyone is better for someone who only plans on 1 play through to get more out of the game in 1 run.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-08-10 at 07:29 PM.

Astral Chain

Short Trailer:

Long Trailer:

Looks good!

https://twitter.com/nintendolife/sta...37489107001346

Sounds like Nintendo is making a SNES controller for the switch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would rather them make an upgraded Switch, wasn't there rumors flying around that they were going to do a poorman's and souped up version in the next year or so?
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    I have the feeling that the shorter BE path was a bit of an afterthought conceived later into development and didn't get as much focus, since it also shifts dealing with the actual antagonists of a lot of the game into just an epilogue mention, while you're siding with the faction that had the most active cooperation with them before that too, in a route that has less maps than the others.

The transition into the time skip were also handled in a much more sloppy manner. BL had a full cutscene for it, no such thing in that BE route
    Having played the BE and BL campaigns now I really feel like the BL campaign was intended to be the 'default'. It has more cutscenes and tbh is simply better.

I find it pretty funny that 90% of people seem to have picked BE for their first playthrough, probably because Edgelord is fem and the house is edgy.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    https://twitter.com/nintendolife/sta...37489107001346

Sounds like Nintendo is making a SNES controller for the switch.
    I really don't get why people like that controller.. At least it's not the N64 controller

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Would rather them make an upgraded Switch, wasn't there rumors flying around that they were going to do a poorman's and souped up version in the next year or so?
    rumours are just rumours, but.. They released the poorman's version with the lite, and the souped up one is apparently just more battery.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    I really don't get why people like that controller.. At least it's not the N64 controller

- - - Updated - - -

rumours are just rumours, but.. They released the poorman's version with the lite, and the souped up one is apparently just more battery.
    8bido's SN30, SN30 Pro, and SN30 Pro+ are all vastly superior than anything Nintendo is going to release. It is nothing more than a mere collectors item.

Side note, we have known about SNES coming for almost a year now with the OS data mine where they found a bunch of SNES icons and what not and were removed in the next update but it was too late Nintendo, we knowwww nowwwww lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    There is no souped up version. New production line just got better battery life as a side effect from new CPU and screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    There is no souped up version. New production line just got better battery life as a side effect from new CPU and screen.
    There isn't a new screen, it's the same LCD lottery as before, some will be warmer or cooler etc. The increased battery life simply comes from the reduced power draw of the APU.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Having played the BE and BL campaigns now I really feel like the BL campaign was intended to be the 'default'. It has more cutscenes and tbh is simply better.

I find it pretty funny that 90% of people seem to have picked BE for their first playthrough, probably because Edgelord is fem and the house is edgy.
    Yeah, I really wanted to start as BE for my first playthru, but I read online to go with anything else. I think it's because I really liked the look of the BE character on the box.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Yeah, I really wanted to start as BE for my first playthru, but I read online to go with anything else. I think it's because I really liked the look of the BE character on the box.
    BL has far and away the most badass main character by the 2nd half of the game (they all get a major model change about halfway through).
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post

There definitely isn't a default path. BL, GD and one of the BE paths basically have the exact same amount of content.

It's just 1) The "main" BE path doesn't do enough to differentiate itself from the GD path and 2) The alternate BE path is much shorter and was probably thrown in in the latter half of development after not being happy with the main path.