Quote Originally Posted by Paetolus View Post
    Still have no idea why they didn't do a small reprint when they did Pyra/Mythra for Smash.
    Nintendo is the Disney of gaming. They induce artificial scarcity to try to hype up the perceived value and prestige of a game. It's like seeing PS1 copies of FFVII on Ebay go for $500, it makes you think "Wow that must be a great game". Also, to do the Disney thing where they can "bring it out of the vault" and do a reprint and get a stampede effect where everyone wants to get a copy before it goes back into the vault again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Nintendo is the Disney of gaming. They induce artificial scarcity to try to hype up the perceived value and prestige of a game. It's like seeing PS1 copies of FFVII on Ebay go for $500, it makes you think "Wow that must be a great game". Also, to do the Disney thing where they can "bring it out of the vault" and do a reprint and get a stampede effect where everyone wants to get a copy before it goes back into the vault again.
    It also makes no sense to print 1 bilion copys of the same game like Ea and other publishers do. It de-values the games realy fast and if you wait a week you can get those for like 15 euros in barging bin.

Its not a bad thing for later either, as if you own a game and want to make some money in future, you can count on the copy of that game.

However it does have a very big side effect of nintendo getting their games emulated due to this and lost sales. Also their digital games never go down in prices (but when it does, it happens very rarely).

It also depends on location where you live, but here i have no problem getting a copy of the game. (but i cant order limited editions out of UK any more due to brexit and large tax after it)

I only paid 50 euros on monster hunter storys 2 btw (i did pre-order the game at vendor) for example.
    Here is price comparison:
    https://www.allkeyshop.com/blog/buy-...ompare-prices/
    Don't sweat the details!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paetolus View Post
    I suppose, but I feel like by now they could profit by releasing more physical copies. I bet a lot of digital buyers would buy the game again just to have a physical copy if they're big fans after playing it. Guess that's hard to accurately quantify though.
    Sure, I don't agree with it or anything. But them's the breaks

Would be really nice if Nintendo started doing some "Nintendo's Selects" but I honestly don't expect it with the switch at all.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Would be really nice if Nintendo started doing some "Nintendo's Selects" but I honestly don't expect it with the switch at all.
    Even the Wii and DS got selects so it will definitely happen. Just late in life.

It will probably be BoTW(once BoTW2 is already out), Splatoon 2(once 3 is already out) DKCTF and some random mario sports game, maybe Odyssey if they release another 3D mario on the switch. They're pretty predictable and usually just propping up games of strong IPs once they have a replacement at $60 on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Even the Wii and DS got selects so it will definitely happen. Just late in life.

It will probably be BoTW(once BoTW2 is already out), Splatoon 2(once 3 is already out) DKCTF and some random mario sports game, maybe Odyssey if they release another 3D mario on the switch. They're pretty predictable and usually just propping up games of strong IPs once they have a replacement at $60 on the market.
    Ya likely.

I would like for games like Kirby to have a selects, didn't want to spend $60 on it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    Arceus looked a little better but the main appeal of these games is discovery and newness which I feel you cant get when you already known what 99% of the pokemon are. Plus it looks kind of boring if the whole point is just filling the pokedex.

Also nothing is scary. Seeing a level 130 superboss in xenoblade 2 is a big oh shit moment and requires you to set up your team to fight while arceus probably won't have superbosses and even if it did, it would probably just be a level 100 garchomp you just spam ice beam at.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2021-08-18 at 03:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Arceus looked a little better but the main appeal of these games is discovery and newness which I feel you cant get when you already known what 99% of the pokemon are. Plus it looks kind of boring if the whole point is just filling the pokedex
    Every game in Pokemon point is partially to fill the Pokedex. There is likely more we haven't seen yet.

Even if that is all it is, this opinion seems to me to be along the lines that "Zelda games are just beat the big bad guy." The premise of a game can be boring, but the game itself can be amazingly fun. I am still personally not sold on Legends, but we will see.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Arceus looked a little better but the main appeal of these games is discovery and newness which I feel you cant get when you already known what 99% of the pokemon are. Plus it looks kind of boring if the whole point is just filling the pokedex.

Also nothing is scary. Seeing a level 130 superboss in xenoblade 2 is a big oh shit moment and requires you to set up your team to fight while arceus probably won't have that and even if it did, just use whatever its weak to

Its a time before lives of human and pokemon are seperate. So a time when humans and pokemon got married if i remember the offical pokemon lore lol.

Also this game...it just doesnt fell right. And they are pretty much just doing monster stories story, where monsters go berserk due to something.
    They absolutly failed on terain design. You dont just put trees into some area.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Every game in Pokemon point is partially to fill the Pokedex. There is likely more we haven't seen yet.

Even if that is all it is, this opinion seems to me to be along the lines that "Zelda games are just beat the big bad guy." The premise of a game can be boring, but the game itself can be amazingly fun. I am still personally not sold on Legends, but we will see.
    Ya know, except for the fact there's a whole game in between starting and fighting ganon filled with story, dungeons, side quests etc. You can say that might be the case with arceus, but this is gamefreak we're talking about. Looking back, gen 8 was atrocious on all levels except 1 song

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Ya know, except for the fact there's a whole game in between starting and fighting ganon filled with story, dungeons, side quests etc. You can say that might be the case with arceus, but this is gamefreak we're talking about. Looking back, gen 8 was atrocious on all levels except 1 song
    You are aware that Legends Arceus is also Gen 8 right? How can you look back at Gen 8 when we have 3 Gen 8 games coming out?
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad they're switching up the formula for Legends, but boy does it ever look crusty.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    You are aware that Legends Arceus is also Gen 8 right? How can you look back at Gen 8 when we have 3 Gen 8 games coming out?
    It's a spin off which is obvious because it and gen 4 remakes aren't being used for tournaments

The gym theme slaps.

But battle tower is pretty good too.

Also I know I've made it clear I enjoyed the games quite a bit, but I also hardly see people complain about the actual design of gen 8 Pokemon. It probably would land in my top 3 overall.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    The gym theme slaps.

Also I know I've made it clear I enjoyed the games quite a bit, but I also hardly see people complain about the actual design of gen 8 Pokemon. It probably would land in my top 3 overall.
    Not gonna lie, i can't remember a single one outside of the starters, the ghost dragon thing and box legndaries, let alone names

Not gonna lie, i can't remember a single one outside of the starters, the ghost dragon thing and box legndaries, let alone names
    Poor Snom.

Applin and Alcremie though too are some of my new favorites honestly

15+ Year Old Account
    Poor Snom.

Applin and Alcremie though too are some of my new favorites honestly
    Yeah, whatever those are

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, whatever those are
    Apple dragon and cream cake. Even I remember them and I haven't played since the month the game came out.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Apple dragon and cream cake. Even I remember them and I haven't played since the month the game came out.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The gym theme slaps.

Pokémon and character designs for Galar are top notch. Problems are in performance, level design and cutting away features.