10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    http://gonintendo.com/stories/273106...ia-interaction

Splatoon voice chat details. Voicemail only works with friends and during private matches. You'll be able to talk to everyone while in the lobby,but once the match starts you'll only talk to your team.
    This seems to be pushing the 'only via phone' idea still. Dislike.

http://gonintendo.com/stories/273106...ia-interaction

Splatoon voice chat details. Voicemail only works with friends and during private matches. You'll be able to talk to everyone while in the lobby,but once the match starts you'll only talk to your team.
    Kinda figured as much but it does sound like its pushing the need the phone app idea.

Wish we knew more, 4 weeks away and we still don't have all the details we need.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Kinda figured as much but it does sound like its pushing the need the phone app idea.

Wish we knew more, 4 weeks away and we still don't have all the details we need.
    Well, the phone app is much further away, but that means it probably won't have voice chat at all until the beta test ends.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    Well, the phone app is much further away, but that means it probably won't have voice chat at all until the beta test ends.
    Who knows at this point.

Like I said we are still lacking a lot of details we should know by now.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Who knows at this point.

Like I said we are still lacking a lot of details we should know by now.
    Ah, well, looks like Nintendo updated the online services site. It clearly states voice chat app. They seriously expect you to use your phone for voice chat. Really. And no, it won't be available until the beta test ends.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its pretty fucking stupid but I haven't talked to randoms in online console games since 2010 with Street Fighter IV on the 360 so I'm good.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

That happens when they made stupid design choices.

N64 - Still using cartridge's and that made it a pain in the ass for devs to make or port anything.
    Gamecube - Mini Disk at half the size of a normal dvd. So once again pain in the ass for devs to port anything.
    Wii - Finally dvd but super underpowered compare to the other 2 leading systems.
    Wii U - Same issue as the wii but with the added bonus of needing to add in the tablet use.
    The Switch - Repeating the same systems as the Wii and Wii-U.

Nintendo use to release systems that could complete with the competition and that's when they was at there best. Now they just ignore there competition and hope for another Wii. Personally I kinda wish the Wii bombed because then maybe they would have gotten rid of this mindset.

Well, the smart thing is to make simple, colorful, cheap mobile games with lots of microtransactions and put the money into marketing. We should be glad Nintendo remains to make things that are different from the rest, and that they aren't trying to go head-to-head with the PS and XB. They can't win without taking massive losses.

1. If Switch was a Playstation-clone, it would have to be very cheap, because people already have a PS4 with a lot of games. Nobody has postponed that purchase because they want to see if the Switch was turned out to be a powerful home console.It would have to be cheap enough for them to buy it out of curiosity or first party games. Nintendo would spend a lot of money designing and producing a console with expensive hardware and little volume discount from parts providers, and hope they could squeeze themselves into the same market.

2. There is no guarantee that the third party devs would make an effort to port the games to a Nintendostation. They know that Nintendo mainly sell first party games to their customers, and that their fans aren't naturally buying, let's say, a new Battlefield game on release. Devs would hold back until they saw some good sales.

3. If Switch was a monster console with lots of power, to outmatch the competition, it would probably double the price and still not get the money's worth, since third party makes game for the go-to, standard console, the playstation. It might upscale the graphics a bit, but the new console would probably be harder to program for in the start, taking away a lot of the extra power, and it would never gain momentum in the market.

4. Can Nintendo even take advantage of the horsepower that a powerful console provides? Maybe they could make Zelda run on a higher frame rate, but their games are not supposed to be photo-realistic. It's not certain that first party games would be any more fun or look so amazing that they would be much more immersive than they are on a weaker platform.

The console today is not Nintendo, they lost that position with the gamecube, and even though the Wii was a success, Playstation is still the console that everyone bets on. And when everyone bets on it, it will win. That's why Playstation 5 will sell millions on launch even with a shitty lineup. Nintendo has to convince and prove themselves at every turn and will get nothing for free. I'm actually glad, because we need diversity, and what's the point of the Switch if it's just a Ps4 with an N-logo on it? There are enough options for the conservative gamers, so it's better for Nintendo to fuck around with strange controllers and concepts. I really hope Switch will be a hit, because I need a good, portable console in my life. My PC takes care of the entertainment at home.
    Last edited by tankbug; 2017-02-01 at 03:28 PM.
    Mother pus bucket!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/02/...-devkit-memory

An unedited version of a new Nintendo Switch advert has revealed the upcoming console's developer menus - seemingly revealing that Switch devkits come with 64GB of internal storage.

Spotted by NeoGAF, the accidentally revealed commercial includes several cuts to a Switch in developer mode, rather than the gameplay footage added in later to other versions.

You can see a reupload of the unedited advert below, although it will likely be taken down soon:
    The developer screens don't reveal too much, although one screen points to devkits coming with 64GB of internal memory, rather than the retail version's 32GB.

Some have taken this as proof that a version of the console with extended storage will be released in the future, although it may be the case that the extra memory is reserved for developer tools.

Other smaller details include the console having an automatic brightness control feature, and that battery life can be measured in percentages (something not shown in images of the console's retail UI so far).

Last week, Nintendo gave its first (limited) rundown of the retail Switch's UI Home menu - hopefully we'll see a little more of that before its release on March 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    The best or maybe worst part of that leaked video??

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    We should be glad Nintendo remains to make things that are different from the rest, and that they aren't trying to go head-to-head with the PS and XB. They can't win without taking massive losses.
    Ya they can go head to head just fine.

They don't need to beat the Ps4 or XB1. Just make a system that is near those so it gets real 3rd party support. Nintendo can be different and do this as well.

How did being different work out for the Wii-U? Or the Gamecube? Or the N64? All three of those systems sold poorly. They can make a system that is equal to a original ps4 and sell at a profit.

But because Nintendo rather be different they made The Switch. I hope it does well I really do but they have already made some stupid ass choices with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OGXanos View Post
    The best or maybe worst part of that leaked video??
    Roflmao....

Personally I think its bullshit the dev kits had 64gig of space and retail is 32gig.

interesting that they show commercials for the switch with none launch titles

bit of false advertising

please pre order the switch for all these games that will come out months after

like ok

Personally I think its bullshit the dev kits had 64gig of space and retail is 32gig.
    they probably would of charged an extra 80$ for the other 32 gig so they cut it to keep the price at $300 lololo
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Ya they can go head to head just fine.

They don't need to beat the Ps4 or XB1. Just make a system that is near those so it gets real 3rd party support. Nintendo can be different and do this as well.
    Well, I have some doubt about the profit and the reception and profit they would see from a Nintendostation released now.

How did being different work out for the Wii-U? Or the Gamecube? Or the N64? All three of those systems sold poorly. They can make a system that is equal to a original ps4 and sell at a profit.

But because Nintendo rather be different they made The Switch. I hope it does well I really do but they have already made some stupid ass choices with it.
    Well, the N64 was not different at all. It was a more powerful SNES and did well. Why do you consider it a failure? The Playstation might be the winner by far, and it was the one "trying to be different" with the gimmicky optical drive, which proved to be a really smart choice in the end. The Gamecube was superior on graphics hardware, but lacked the DVD-player ("gimmick"), which was also a popular feature, and came late to challenge Sony. The Playstation name was so strong by that time, the consoles sold themselves. This is the exact situation the Switch would find itself in, if it was launched as a ps4-competitor today.
    Sure, they misfired with Wii-U, no question. It was poorly timed, not well thought through, under-marketed and it took months for games to come out. But it took a year before the PS4 came out, a year where the Wii-U was at least as powerful as its competitors, but still ports were few and no one bought it, which tells me that Nintendo can't just stroll into the market with a powerful box and hope for support.
    Yes, Sony has kept things simple and conservative, and no Playstation has been bad or unpopular. But I don't think that means that there are room for more Playstation-clones competing against it, and especially not years later after its release. I think Nintendo has made the right call with the Switch. They have to be different to survive, and work their asses off to make it work.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    Inside of the dock for those who are curious:

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Well, the N64 was not different at all. It was a more powerful SNES and did well. Why do you consider it a failure? The Playstation might be the winner by far, and it was the one "trying to be different" with the gimmicky optical drive, which proved to be a really smart choice in the end. The Gamecube was superior on graphics hardware, but lacked the DVD-player ("gimmick"), which was also a popular feature, and came late to challenge Sony. The Playstation name was so strong by that time, the consoles sold themselves. This is the exact situation the Switch would find itself in, if it was launched as a ps4-competitor today.
    Sure, they misfired with Wii-U, no question. It was poorly timed, not well thought through, under-marketed and it took months for games to come out. But it took a year before the PS4 came out, a year where the Wii-U was at least as powerful as its competitors, but still ports were few and no one bought it, which tells me that Nintendo can't just stroll into the market with a powerful box and hope for support.
    Yes, Sony has kept things simple and conservative, and no Playstation has been bad or unpopular. But I don't think that means that there are room for more Playstation-clones competing against it, and especially not years later after its release. I think Nintendo has made the right call with the Switch. They have to be different to survive, and work their asses off to make it work.
    Ok going to go in order here.

1. A "Nintendostation" has been highly requested by the community since the Wii. People are tried of Nintendo doing gimmicks.

2. The Playstation was not trying to be different or gimmicky so no clue what you are talking about here. Due to PC gaming gaining some ground the Playstation was just putting that into a console form factor. The Nintendo 64 was the gimmick system of that era. It was also underpowered (But had enough power to complete). What hurt the Nintendo 64 the most was the fact they stayed with cartridge's. That is why it got really late and really watered down ports of games. RE2 for example was scaled down to work on the N64 and suffered in quality because of it. Other 3rd party titles was just outright canceled (Final Fantasy 7 for example). Nintendo realized way too late the issue they had with cartridge's. They was going to release there disk drive for it but it failed in japan and never saw a world wide release.

3. The Gamecube releasing a year later was not why it did so bad. It did so bad due to having the mini-disk. Many 3rd party titles would take 2 or more disks to run on the gamecube and it was not worth it. If you recall Resident Evil 4 was ment as a Gamecube exclusive but later ported to Ps2 due to lack of sells. RE4 was 2 disk on Gamecube and 1 dvd on ps2.

4. Once again The Switch is going to miss out on 3rd party ports because of its lack of power. As a handheld its a amazing system and powerful. But Nintendo is NOT marketing it as a handheld (3DS) replacement. They are marketing it as a home console and as a home console I don't have to own it to say its lackluster. Even groups like Digital Foundry are stating as much.

5. Like it or not Nintendo (Sony and Microsoft as well) NEEDS 3rd party support. Nintendo games are fun and great quality. But many are not going to buy a system to play maybe 3 games a year on it. The system needs a good mix of 3rd party support and first party support.

6. The Switch is already receiving negative press due to the stupid phone app and lackluster launch lineup. If they just built a Nintendostation that was equal to a Ps4 (Original not pro) they would have a better launch lineup due to more 3rd party support.

Hell as it stands The Switch doesn't even have a dam achievement system and that is something that's needed. It gives games replay ability and clearly the gaming community likes such systems just look at Playstation,Xbox,Steam,Origin and so on.

Like I have said before, I don't care if Nintendo or anyone likes this statement or not. Nintendo is in competition with Sony/Microsoft and they need to step up there game.

People will be asking themselves why buy a $300 system and get maybe 1 game when they can pay $200-$250 get another system that comes with a game and buy more though out the year.

Also wtf are they smoking with the price of there addons....
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-02-01 at 05:04 PM.

3. The Gamecube releasing a year later was not why it did so bad. It did so bad due to having the mini-disk. Many 3rd party titles would take 2 or more disks to run on the gamecube and it was not worth it. If you recall Resident Evil 4 was ment as a Gamecube exclusive but later ported to Ps2 due to lack of sells. RE4 was 2 disk on Gamecube and 1 dvd on ps2.
    Not trying to piss on you or anything, but the idea that RE4 was ported to PS2 due to weak sales of the game is a bit of a modern myth (thanks to a big Capcom reveal where they announced Gamecube games they were developing where people were deliberately led to believe they would be exclusives when they were not). Never minding that it would take more than a mere 9 months to develop and produce a port after analyzing sales data, here's an article from months before RE4's release on Gamecube when it was announced it was coming to PS2.
    Last edited by Truhan; 2017-02-01 at 06:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Inside of the dock for those who are curious:

Rather gratuitous internal shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.nintendoprime.net/ninten...ces-its-cheap/

Cheap online and VR is in development confirmed. Color me shocked.

https://www.nintendoprime.net/ninten...ces-its-cheap/

Cheap online and VR is in development confirmed. Color me shocked.
    Cheap online, great. VR, I can't believe. The Xbox One and PS4 are too weak for VR, it would probably be nothing better than Google Cardboard/Gear VR.

As I said to Edge-, cheap online almost makes up for the NES/SNES game disappearing after a month.

Granted, at ~$20 a year, it can't really be expected I suppose to keep the game, since SNES games alone are usually around $7-10 on the eShop.

VR seems odd after Reggie denied it so hard by saying that Nintendo is about everyone in the room being able to experience the game, but eh.