So this is kind of silly but there are 2 small features the Switch has that I think are really neat, turning off the TV automatically puts the system to sleep and when turned on it will automatically change the the TV input to the correct one. Minor conveniences I wish all consoles could have.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    So this is kind of silly but there are 2 small features the Switch has that I think are really neat, turning off the TV automatically puts the system to sleep and when turned on it will automatically change the the TV input to the correct one. Minor conveniences I wish all consoles could have.
    This was only a feature on the PS3 a decade ago.

It's also a feature on Xbox One and PS4. It's called HDMI link and requires a compatible TV.

10+ Year Old Account
    HDMI link is a neat feature...on petty much most devices. My £30 Chromecast even turns on the tv if I use it.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/nintend...ole-1489728545

It's behind a paywall, but...

Nintendo plans to double Switch production to 16 million from 8 million in FY2017.

- - - Updated - - -

http://nintendoeverything.com/super-...r-update-live/

Konami puts out a patch for Super Bomberman R seemingly fixing control lag during online play.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Holy shit those load times are longer then the Wii U, no wonder all the speedrunners are running the Wii U version.
    Strange thing I noticed, but my load times are nowhere near that long on cartridge. I tested the same shit they did, and my times were different, a lot faster. I dunno if there's been some funny editing going on here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    Strange thing I noticed, but my load times are nowhere near that long on cartridge. I tested the same shit they did, and my times were different, a lot faster. I dunno if there's been some funny editing going on here.
    Yeah no, why would they jeopardise their public image just to show off a slightly slower cartridge load time?

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Yeah no, why would they jeopardise their public image just to show off a slightly slower cartridge load time?
    My load times on the cart are about the same as what DF had. I would like to see a comparison to Wii U load times too though.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/nintend...ole-1489728545

It's behind a paywall, but...

Nintendo plans to double Switch production to 16 million from 8 million in FY2017.
    Honestly this doesn't matter, the problem now is that there are hardly any switches out there and retailers are given zero information on when they will be restocked (I guess target is getting some again next weekend?). I don't think their demand estimates were off but they sure as shit didn't think of what to do after the fact that ya know... they reached it?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    Ya ill take DF"s video over some random forum poster. Your times are not faster, unless you can provide video to prove it.

If you are going to accuse someone of doing funny editing, provide proof they are wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nin...GSS-05-10aaa0b

Retailer GameStop will have Nintendo Switch units available for sale "as early as Wednesday, March 22," so if you've been after one but have been affected by the stock shortages, this may be the opportunity you've been waiting for.

GameStop has advised customers to "check their stores first for availability" and noted that it will only have "individual" units available, suggesting bundles with games may not be offered.

"GameStop continues to see strong demand from customers who are looking to purchase the Nintendo Switch system," its senior director of merchandising said in a press release. "We are meeting this demand by securing additional systems as fast as we can to ensure customers are able to purchase this innovative gaming technology.

"The customer enthusiasm and response we have seen so far has been incredible as we continue to sell through our supply of systems. We strongly suggest any customer who is still looking to purchase a Nintendo Switch, visit one of our stores as soon as they can. This new allotment will go fast."

A GameStop representative told us customers "cannot reserve units in advance" due to "the limited amount GameStop has received."

Demand for the Switch has been high and Nintendo is reportedly doubling the amount of units produced to meet this. "People briefed on the plans" have said that although Nintendo initially planned to make 8 million consoles before the end of March 2018, this has now been increased to 16 million.

Nintendo previously stated that the Switch is the fastest-selling Nintendo console ever in the Americas, Europe, and Australia. Another report said 1.5 million Switch units were sold in the device's first week on the market, which means it has met Nintendo's first-month expectations of 2 million sales already
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-03-17 at 02:54 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Honestly this doesn't matter, the problem now is that there are hardly any switches out there and retailers are given zero information on when they will be restocked (I guess target is getting some again next weekend?). I don't think their demand estimates were off but they sure as shit didn't think of what to do after the fact that ya know... they reached it?
    All my locals have told me last week they would be coming in next week, now they say in another 3 weeks.

At least that lets other folks find out any other potential deal breaker flaws for me i suppose.
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2017-03-17 at 04:24 PM.

Has anyone picked up BoI today? If so how well does it play.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Cloud save could be a thing soon. Some people were able to get their data transferred after getting a new switch from nintendo after repairs.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Cloud save could be a thing soon. Some people were able to get their data transferred after getting a new switch from nintendo after repairs.
    nintendo has always been able to do that. they did it with wiius too. doesnt mean we will be able to do it
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Has anyone picked up BoI today? If so how well does it play.
    You can read some user reviews of Afterbirth+ right here.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Holy shit those load times are longer then the Wii U, no wonder all the speedrunners are running the Wii U version.
    IF I HAD TO GUESS as to why:

The cartridge version is probably more compressed than the Disc version, taking more time to decompress/load as you play. But here is where things seem to be weird....In all the load tests I've seen the INITIAL load after starting the game is faster on the Switch, but subsequent ones seem to be faster on the WiiU. Though it only seems to be a difference of a couple seconds at most.

Another contributing factor is that the game is a port to the Switch, it is native to the WiiU (remember, it's been in development for the WiiU for a long time, well before the Switch, then NX, was even a blip on the radar), and this can impact load times in a negative way.

Heres a video from GameXplain, which seems to back up DF's findings:

I plan to test this myself soonish. I have a Switch ordered, which should be coming....sometime in the next week or two and a copy of Zelda for both it and the WiiU (which I have stopped playing because....I already am going to have to start over when my Switch shows up and I don't want to progress any more on the WiiU XD)
    Last edited by Keile; 2017-03-17 at 07:14 PM.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    IF I HAD TO GUESS as to why:

The cartridge version is probably more compressed than the Disc version, taking more time to decompress/load as you play. But here is where things seem to be weird....In all the load tests I've seen the INITIAL load after starting the game is faster on the Switch, but subsequent ones seem to be faster on the WiiU. Though it only seems to be a difference of a couple seconds at most.

Another contributing factor is that the game is a port to the Switch, it is native to the WiiU (remember, it's been in development for the WiiU for a long time, well before the Switch, then NX, was even a blip on the radar), and this can impact load times in a negative way.

Heres a video from GameXplain, which seems to back up DF's findings:

[video=youtube_share;Zcly-xCLvx8]https://youtu.be/Zcly-xCLvx8[video]

I plan to test this myself soonish. I have a Switch ordered, which should be coming....sometime in the next week or two and a copy of Zelda for both it and the WiiU (which I have stopped playing because....I already am going to have to start over when my Switch shows up and I don't want to progress any more on the WiiU XD)
    Don't have my own to test and what not so this is my guess. It's very possible that on Switch every time it loads it flushes memory and reloads basically everything where as Wii U has some things still cached. It would make sense that way that the initial load is faster on Switch but subsequent are slower.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Don't have my own to test and what not so this is my guess. It's very possible that on Switch every time it loads it flushes memory and reloads basically everything where as Wii U has some things still cached. It would make sense that way that the initial load is faster on Switch but subsequent are slower.
    This could also be it. Since the WiiU has to load off the disc, it may cache more and the Switch can just pull it off the Cart on a whim. Which is why load times may seem quicker, but in reality the Switch is loading MORE assets than the WiiU per load since maybe it isn't caching as much.

But that's just a theory.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    You can read some user reviews of Afterbirth+ right here.
    Cool beans thx. I like the UI where it shows u damage and all

Human Resource Machine coming out on 23rd.

Noice.
    Good little game that.

oh Human Resource Machine seems like a pretty interesting game.