10+ Year Old Account
    I hope the new metroid takes queues from fan/indep games like Axiom Verge

I want music like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Why is that fun? Its like killing easy trash in a wrath dungeon. Every mob is a trash mob. Why?

- - - Updated - - -

God this is boring.
    It's meant to make you feel like a bad ass as you plow through hundreds of enemies at once.

10+ Year Old Account
    So idk what that other guy was talking about. World looks pretty good for a switch game.

- - - Updated - - -

Do I need to play 1 or X to understand 2?

NOPON ARE FUCKING BACK AS PARTY MEMBERS

I missed that in X.

Also, it looks like you can find new BLADES.

So idk what that other guy was talking about. World looks pretty good for a switch game.

- - - Updated - - -

Do I need to play 1 or X to understand 2?
    You don't need to play X, as for 1 I don't believe you would need to play it either. But yeah the game world actually looks really good and I'm really looking forward to this!

Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    You don't need to play X, as for 1 I don't believe you would need to play it either. But yeah the game world actually looks really good and I'm really looking forward to this!
    I can easily see little nods to the other two games, like characters having similar personalities, or similar concepts, similar races, like the Nopon,or little things like Lin's Monado hairpin, but you won't need to play the other two to do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just hoping its a separate contained story with an easy to understand start and end.

So it looks like Xenoblade 2 will be seemless like Xenoblade X even if it isn't open world. No loading except for fast traveling or death.

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/UnrealEngineJP/s...71941419794432

The Yoshi Switch game is made in Unreal 4.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Metroid Prime 4 even existing gives me hope for tomorrow, its been what 3 console gens since the last? or was 3 on wii?
    MP3 was on Wii, and the last console Metroid game was the disastrous Other M seven years ago. I hope they learned their lessons with it, but I've heard a rumor that a lot of the problems with Other M (like the awful voice acting) were directives from Nintendo (like, they literally told Samus' actress to speak in a monotone and enunciate everything like some kindergarten teacher). I'm going to be cautious about buying it (never mind preordering) until I hear it's good from people I trust.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    So it looks like Xenoblade 2 will be seemless like Xenoblade X even if it isn't open world. No loading except for fast traveling or death.
    Isn't seamless what an open world is? What else would it be? A FFXIII hallway with no load times? If it's not open world, I'm outtie on it. I haven't played the other ones, so the annie may waifus and open world are pretty much the only reason I'm interested. And I can get my waifus from Neptunia.
    Last edited by Truhan; 2017-06-13 at 07:37 PM.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    MP3 was on Wii, and the last console Metroid game was the disastrous Other M seven years ago. I hope they learned their lessons with it, but I've heard a rumor that a lot of the problems with Other M (like the awful voice acting) were directives from Nintendo (like, they literally told Samus' actress to speak in a monotone and enunciate everything like some kindergarten teacher). I'm going to be cautious about buying it (never mind preordering) until I hear it's good from people I trust.
    Well, apparently it's a different studio now, at least, it's not Retro, so it could still be the same people from Other M.

The rumors were true. Mario and Luigi: Super Star Saga in the 3DS M&L game engine.

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Well, apparently it's a different studio now, at least, it's not Retro, so it could still be the same people from Other M.
    Looking at Other M's wiki page, it says it was developed by Team Ninja and Nintendo. If the RUMOR (again, can't stress that enough, it's just a rumor that put me off) is true, Nintendo will still be at the helm at the end of the day, and if it has any Other M-like problems, well, we both know who's to blame.

Here's the interview that spawned that rumor, by the way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOZeapJn9z8
    Last edited by Truhan; 2017-06-13 at 07:48 PM.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

- - - Updated - - -

From the Nintendo press kit on Prime 4.

What is looking pretty good for a switch game?

Looking worse then a Wii U game in the same franchise?

Not sure that adds up.

Art style can be debated(opinions on the realistic anime vs cel shaded anime) but pure geometry, draw distance and scale of the graphics it's getting hammered by X.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-06-13 at 08:09 PM.

This got lost in one of the other announcements, but

http://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/06/...w-accessories/

Nyko is bringing several of their own Switch accessories.

Looks like a proper Pokemon RPG is happening after all! I might just have to buy Switch if it turns out to be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallor View Post
    Looks like a proper Pokemon RPG is happening after all! I might just have to buy Switch if it turns out to be good.
    Define proper.

If you're expecting more then an upressed 3DS budget Pokemon I'm afraid I got some bad news...

10+ Year Old Account
    Those all look great. Idk how long the battery pack would actually boost the life of the switch though. Maybe 2 hours for something like Zelda? 5-6 hours with the pack on in Zelda would be nice. Super cheap too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Define proper.

If you're expecting more then an upressed 3DS budget Pokemon I'm afraid I got some bad news...
    You are just full of opinions.

Define proper.

if its taking them two years i expect it will likely have all new assets at the very least as it will almost definitely be gen 8
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Define proper.

It's Gen 8 game coming out in several years. How that will not be Switch fidely game?