Sweden dont seem to have the problem you guys are taking about. There's plenty of switches all over the place

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    The difference is Sony didn't expect the PS4 to sell so well and they had the system restocked just a couple months later. We are 5 (nearly 6) months into the life of The Switch and the fucking thing is still hard to find.

It took Sony about 2 months to have PS4's on the shelf and in stock. They even rushed out more systems in its first month.
    The numbers say otherwise. They sold around 2.5-2.7m PS4 consoles from Jan to March. Switch sold 2m. Nintendo had a bigger reason to think the Switch wouldnt sell as well seeing as their last console sold less than 14m in over 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Did I ever say it was BS?

I said both of you haven't exactly provided ample evidence on why or why not Nintendo might be doing/not doing it.
    My evidence is how Nintendo has handled everything since the Wii. It isn't much but it does speak for itself.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Nintendo had a bigger reason to think the Switch wouldnt sell as well seeing as their last console sold less than 14m in over 4 years.
    ...what? So you're arguing that Nintendo assumed that the Switch would sell as poorly as the Wii U so they sabotaged it right outta the gate by limiting supply?

And that's in any way a...good thing?

The numbers say otherwise. They sold around 2.5-2.7m PS4 consoles from Jan to March. Switch sold 2m. Nintendo had a bigger reason to think the Switch wouldnt sell as well seeing as their last console sold less than 14m in over 4 years.
    You do realize edge just proved your post wrong right?

Also why would Nintendo think the Switch wouldn't sell. People where dying for a new handheld and a home console that was worth a dam. All you are doing at this point is making excuses for Nintendo.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. It's not selling 50 million in 5 years. Especially if Nintendo keep up with this limited stock BS.

They haven't averted anything yet.

Half of their software sales consists of 3-4 games among other things. Not to mention the stick they are getting for other stuff such as voice chat.
    Maybe right there?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    ...what? So you're arguing that Nintendo assumed that the Switch would sell as poorly as the Wii U so they sabotaged it right outta the gate by limiting supply?

And that's in any way a...good thing?
    Its not sabotaging anything.... They expected poorer sales so they produces less units. You dont manufacturer tons of product unless you are confident you will sell it relatively quickly.

- - - Updated - - -

My evidence is how Nintendo has handled everything since the Wii. It isn't much but it does speak for itself.
    Again early on the Wii had huge supply issues. What system was before the Wii? The arguably failed Gamecube. Expectations were low. After the first year they started producing a ton more supply, but demand was still higher for a while.

Its not sabotaging anything.... They expected poorer sales so they produces less units. You dont manufacturer tons of product unless you are confident you will sell it relatively quickly.
    Ya like I said your just making excuses for Nintendo at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Again early on the Wii had huge supply issues. What system was before the Wii? The arguably failed Gamecube. Expectations were low. After the first year they started producing a ton more supply, but demand was still higher for a while.
    And the wii-u had supply issues.
    And the amiibo's had supply issues. (new ones still do)
    And the 3DS had supply issues.
    And the DS had supply issues.
    And the limited versions of the 3DS had supply issues.
    And some games for those systems had supply issues.
    And the NES Classic had supply issues.

So its ether A) Nintendo is really fucken stupid for a multi-billion dollar company or B) They limit stock on purpose.

Take ur pick, I chose B.

Ya like I said your just making excuses for Nintendo at this point.
    Seems so. Never understood why people go so far to defend Nintendo.

Is the Switch good? Yes.

Is there problems? Yes

Are other game companies guilty of similar or the same stuff? Yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, you people hold Nintendo to a different standard.

We can hate on them all we want about voice chat. Stock issues are another thing. You can see how they had tempered expectations for the Switch after the WiiU. You can also see why they wouldn't want to lose money on the console by paying higher prices to get more of the limited stock of chips they need.

I personally think they should be doing whatever they can to get more systems out the door. If that means taking a small loss on each system sold, so be it. I only get irradiated when people try to claim they are purposely withholding stock from consumers to create artificial scarcity.

- - - Updated - - -

You also act like Nintendo owes you something,. You get personally offended if they dont release enough stock.

Is the Switch good? Yes.

Is there problems? Yes

Right, I love my Switch I think its a great system when Nintendo and other dev's play to its strengths.

But it has problems and they are all caused by poor ass choices Nintendo made/makes.

10+ Year Old Account

Is the Switch good? Yes.

Is there problems? Yes

If we realise other companies are guilty as well, why is Nintendo the only ones who get major hate?

I am not a Nintendo Fanboy like you guys must think. I dont own an amiibo. I dont worship Miamoto. I just think you guys are being a bit hypocritical when it comes to Nintendo. People in this thread just cant wait to jump on everything thing that happens. Its like you get joy out of spewing negativity.

If we realise other companies are guilty as well, why is Nintendo the only ones who get major hate?

I am not a Nintendo Fanboy like you guys must think. I dont own an amiibo. I dont worship Miamoto. I just think you guys are being a bit hypocritical when it comes to Nintendo. People in this thread just cant wait to jump on everything thing that happens. Its like you get joy out of spewing negativity.
    Uhm I remember MS getting a lot of hate for example when they announced the DRM crap for Xbox One.

Sony are getting a bit of stick on the cross play stuff as well.

So no it's not just Nintendo. And I'll stop now before this becomes some console v console rubbish.

Spewing negativity? God forbid someone is critical of an issue. You want an echo chamber? Well tough.

You also act like Nintendo owes you something,. You get personally offended if they dont release enough stock.
    So now all you can do is go on a little rant and blame the consumers. All you have is a opinion and I got Nintendo's track record. I think mine holds a bit more weight then yours.

Also guess what.... If I hated or disliked Nintendo, I wouldn't own a Switch and 5 games for it.

I hold Nintendo to the same standard as I hold Sony or Microsoft (or any company). I will call out each company on its bullshit when they do it.

You keep making excuses for Nintendo and keep saying well Sony. Sony sold 4 million systems in a month and had stock in place 2 months later. We are half a year into the life of The Switch and its still rare as fuck to find.

10+ Year Old Account
    And BTW I honestly do think some of the higher ups at Nintendo are morons. They have no idea how to create products for the outside world. They live in their perfect little Nintendo bubble. Someone should pop it. Get some new blood in there. Nintendo make great games though.

I'm just sick of the negative vibe in this thread. Other forums and news outlets are much more positive. Theres a time for being negative. For example, the moronic voice chat/mobile app.

I expected to click on this thread and to see people being happy that the Switch is still doing well. All I'm saying is that not everything has to have a negative spin put on it.

And BTW I honestly do think some of the higher ups at Nintendo are morons. They have no idea how to create products for the outside world. They live in their perfect little Nintendo bubble. Someone should pop it. Get some new blood in there. Nintendo make great games though.

I'm just sick of the negative vibe in this thread. Other forums and news outlets are much more positive. Theres a time for being negative. For example, the moronic voice chat/mobile app.

I expected to click on this thread and to see people being happy that the Switch is still doing well. All I'm saying is that not everything has to have a negative spin put on it.
    Well I hate to tell you but this isn't an echo chamber.

Sometimes it swings one way and sometimes it swings the other. In terms of both positive and negative critique.

Then to be honest, Go to those other forums and news outlets. When Nintendo does something postive ill talk about it (like Splatoon 2) when they do something negative ill talk about that as well.

You seem to think me and others hate The Switch when that isn't the case at all. I went out of my way to buy a Switch at $100 markup (not from ebay) just so I could own one and I got 5 games for it(Was 6 but I traded in bomberman). If I hated Nintendo or The Switch I wouldn't buy one at all.

All you keep doing is making excuses for Nintendo's choice's and then go "Oh Sony".

10+ Year Old Account
    So now all you can do is go on a little rant and blame the consumers. All you have is a opinion and I got Nintendo's track record. I think mine holds a bit more weight then yours.

Also guess what.... If I hated or disliked Nintendo, I wouldn't own a Switch and 5 games for it.

I hold Nintendo to the same standard as I hold Sony or Microsoft (or any company). I will call out each company on its bullshit when they do it.

You keep making excuses for Nintendo and keep saying well Sony. Sony sold 4 million systems in a month and had stock in place 2 months later. We are half a year into the life of The Switch and its still rare as fuck to find.
    4 months is not 1 half. Sony sold about 3m more units in its first 4.5 months VS the Switches 4. Good for them, but they had a reason to expect it to be very successful.
    Microsoft sold around the same number of consoles in its first 4.5 months Vs the Switches 4.

Obviously either Microsoft was limiting supply as well, or the Switch has much higher and unexpected demand than Nintendo foresaw.

- - - Updated - - -

You see the thing is.. A lot of the negative people in here are very negative in other threads as well. Some of you must be either very very critical of everything, or you are miserable.

4 months is not 1 half. Sony sold about 3m more units in its first 4.5 months VS the Switches 4. Good for them, but they had a reason to expect it to be very successful.
    Microsoft sold around the same number of consoles in its first 4.5 months Vs the Switches 4.

Obviously either Microsoft was limiting supply as well, or the Switch has much higher and unexpected demand than Nintendo foresaw.

- - - Updated - - -

You see the thing is.. A lot of the negative people in here are very negative in other threads as well. Some of you must be either very very critical of everything, or you are miserable.
    So your only argument here is to insult people because they are critical?

Yes I post in the Rift forums and are very critical of that game for example? So?

Am I not allowed to be critical of a game?

Nice to see your only real argument now is calling anyone who dares be critical of the Switch "miserable".
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-26 at 09:24 PM.

In the first month the Ps4 sold 4.3 million units.

In The Switch's first month it sold 2.1 million units.....

http://bgr.com/2014/01/07/playstation-4-sales-2013/

And you can't seem to speak Negative about Nintendo at all and keep making excuses for them.

Yes I am critical because I am not Nintendo's,Sony's,Microsoft's,Blizzards or any other company's best friend. I am a consumer and nothing more.

Also for the love of god stop deflecting to Sony/Microsoft already that shit is getting old.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-07-26 at 09:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How can you be so wrong?

The Switch sold 2.74m units in its first 4 weeks.

Sony sold 4.3m in 6 weeks.