10+ Year Old Account
    Did they ever fix the fps problems? I can deal with poor graphics as long as its a stable 30fps.

Probably going to pick up DQbuilders cause i had a lot of fun with the demo, then after that maybe Xenoblade.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Yea I'm sorry but if anyone thought either side boss was "hard" and they are dumbing down the difficulty for that they better give us difficulty options.

The Primrose side boss fight was literally just a competence check on if you properly learned the mechanics they presented to you so far, the other side was literal face roll.

I don't have any problem with offering an "easy mode" for people who want a mindless free win but if that's the only mode the game offers it will go from a sure buy for me to a game I may never play. I don't need training wheels on my JRPGs.
    For once I agree with you. Died once, learned mechanics. One shot boss. Pretty easy.

The more I play L.A Noire on my switch the more I want GTAV on it or really any GTA lol.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Some happy news: The Liar Princess and Blind Prince, by my beloved Nippon Ichi Software will also get a Switch release! IMHO a match made in heaven, that game is just meant to be played cuddled up in blankets in a dark room with a nice handheld. Yay ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post

Probably going to pick up DQbuilders cause i had a lot of fun with the demo, then after that maybe Xenoblade.
    The Game has been out for quite some time on other platforms, be sure to watch some reviews first, and read a bit on forums about the game. The Demo is not really good at giving you the whole perspective of the game, and why it gets so divided reviews: Either love it, or hate it.

I liked the first Chapter, but after that ... well, don't want to spoil, go look it up .
    Last edited by mmoc78e9842c0f; 2018-02-06 at 08:16 AM.

1) Both Docked and Portable run at 720p with the same graphic settings.(Graphic's difference between Wii-U and Switch is small)
    2) Game is 60fps majority of time but has performance issues in high demanding area's. Docked mode runs much better than the Wii-U version while the portable mode runs somewhere between Wii-U and Docked.
    3) Docked is a big improvement over the Wii-U.
    4) No screen taring.

They will be releasing another video once the game is full released showing both bayonetta 1 and 2.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-02-06 at 11:15 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    It being so sporadic in portable, maybe they should cap it at 30? Or have that as an option?

It being so sporadic in portable, maybe they should cap it at 30? Or have that as an option?
    Normally uncapped framerates look like ass but you don't really notice it in Platinum games due to how fast they play and how good the animations are.

All Platinum games run at unlocked framerates, they're never going to cap it or give you the option to.

For me personally no I rather have a uncapped frame rate even if it isn't 100% stable. A lot of the time its 60FPS in portable and only drops in real demanding scenes.

I do feel the performance should have been much better but I rather have it uncapped. I feel this was a lazy port and depending how Bayonetta 1 handles that will really show how lazy a port it was since on the Wii-U it held the 60FPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Idk i was expecting 60fps 900p for 2 with 60 720 for handheld. locked 60. 1080p 60 for 1 720 60 for handheld.

Idk i was expecting 60fps 900p for 2 with 60 720 for handheld. locked 60. 1080p 60 for 1 720 60 for handheld.
    Why where you expecting that?

The game almost never hits 60 fps on the Wii U but you think it's magically going to happen on a system with barely more power in the portable mode Switch?

Use common sense.

As for the docked still being 720p they clearly chose to go with performance over resolution as evidence by the video and it performing significantly better then the Wii U version in most areas.

1 Should be a near locked 60, as it was on the Wii U.

Personally for me it's not a big enough upgrade to warrant another $60 I will stick with the Wii U version unless I can get it for very cheap one day. You can't act like it's a bad port though when it's clearly taking advantage of the extra Switch juice.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-02-06 at 08:33 PM.

https://www.vg247.com/2018/02/05/cal...ustry-insider/

The new Call of Duty game in 2018 will be Black Ops 4 and is coming to Nintendo Switch, according to industry insider Marcus Sellars.

On Twitter, Sellars said that this new CoD will be “boots on the ground” – which means no Advanced Warfare style jetpacks – and will support unique features like HD rumble and motion controls on the Switch.
    As reported by Multiplayer First, Sellars has predicted unreleased information before – most recently that Dark Souls and Nintendo Labo were coming to Switch.
    So COD is likely coming to The Switch, I guess the switch will get a big MP title to justify paying for the online for those who want it.

Picked up 3 major titles, should have hours upon hours to play until the expansion.

Nintendo Life's 26 facts about Kirby: Star Allies

Summary:

The gameplay runs at 30 frames per seconds. Menus are 60fps
    The gameplay runs at a resolution of 1536x864 when docked. Handheld is unknown. Menus are a full 1920x1080
    A single joycon can perform all the actions.
    You cannot use Kirby by himself. You need to have allies. They will be controlled by COM if there aren't enough players.
    The Allies are fairly clever but they won't just automatically solve puzzles for you.
    You can guard, dodge and air dodge....sounds like Smash Bros.
    The game has paper mache Waddle Dees.
    The demo version seems very polished and even has an ending screen referencing the full version, meaning a demo on the eShop may be on the cards.
    Puzzle Pieces you collect in the game will function similarly to StreetPass Puzzle Plaza.
    King Dedede has been possessed....again.
    Option in the pause menu called "Play With Others". Most likely a help screen.
    Friend Ability Animations don't obnoxiously repeat to stop the momentum!
    The Parasol Spring ability is called "Chumbrella".
    Friend Abilities are elemental so you can add Fire to Cutter...but not Cutter to Fire, because that doesn't make sense.
    Allies can heal each other...by kissing.
    There's an Autoplay mode for friends who are a little bit....lazy.
    You can have multiple of the same kind of ally!
    Allies that leave the screen boundary will instantly warp back to you! May be good or bad.
    You can inhale allies and make them bounce across the screen.
    You can inhale allies and steal their abilities!
    amiibo support confirmed! Expect the Qbby amiibo to give you something special.

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/fail0verflow/sta...94909304786945

Someone got Linux running on the Switch.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    https://twitter.com/fail0verflow/sta...94909304786945

Someone got Linux running on the Switch.
    Its amazing how fast people are breaking into the Switch. Hell the vita was only broken into for a small amount of time and that was patched out.

LOL @ the fucking r/NS thread on the info John just posted about Kirby.

"It's just a 2D platformer why isn't it 60 fps"?

Yea morons, in case you haven't noticed it's a 2D platformer being rendered in 3D with amazing AA, particle and lighting effects. The game could be 60 fps but wouldn't look as good, and Kirby as a slower paced platformer is one that can take the hit to look better.

Rumor: Metroid Prime 4 being developed by Bandai Namco Singapore, Ridge Racer 8 coming exclusively to Switch

TL;DW: Here's a picture of the Linkdin profile which the above YouTube seems to have found.

Can people not read? Unannounced ip means.... unannounced, prime 4 is very much you know announced?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Can people not read? Unannounced ip means.... unannounced, prime 4 is very much you know announced?
    To be fair its unannounced that BN is working on it tho..
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-02-07 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    All "unannounced" means is they can't name the game without breaking an NDA. Seeing as the actual BN IPs where named he didn't have an NDA for them, which likely means that game has another publisher that's not BN...

This could very well be MP4, I mean what other 1st person shooter exclusive to NS do you see BN developing?

Also most people have figured a BN team was developing it. It was either them or Platinum, because it wasn't Retro and highly unlikely to be made internally. Nintendo wouldn't just throw it to some developer that has never made large scale games like some of the port teams they outsource to.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-02-07 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    All "unannounced" means is they can't name the game without breaking an NDA. Seeing as the actual BN IPs where named he didn't have an NDA for them, which likely means that game has another publisher that's not BN...

This could very well be MP4, I mean what other 1st person shooter exclusive to NS do you see BN developing?

Also most people have figured a BN team was developing it. It was either them or Platinum, because it wasn't Retro and highly unlikely to be made internally. Nintendo wouldn't just throw it to some developer that has never made large scale games like some of the port teams they outsource to.
    One of the mods at ResetERA a couple of months ago hinted at Bandai Namco being the developers for Metroid Prime 4. This is just more evidence.

Also, it's not just a first person shooter, but a first person shooter plus an adventure game. How many other first person shooter plus adventure games would be exclusive for the Switch?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    One of the mods at ResetERA ...

Oh, those guys that witch hunted a sound dev from subnautica out of his job? Hmmmm ....