https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/973024858207535105

The Nintendo Parental Control app for iOS was just updated and number of its features require Switch OS 5.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    3ds will die when Switch gets Pokemon. There are probably millions of 3ds owners that dont even know another Pokemon isn't coming.

Would anyone be opposed to the 3ds and Switch getting a pokemon this year? Maybe Diamond and Pearl remakes? Switch version just massively upscaled? Would be an easier port and they would for sure make it this year. Next year the real pokemon game comes to Switch only.
    Uhh if they announced a year ago they are working on a new Pokemon for the Switch and they come out with fucking Diamond and Pearl remakes that are cross platform with the 3DS the internet is going to burn that day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Uhh if they announced a year ago they are working on a new Pokemon for the Switch and they come out with fucking Diamond and Pearl remakes that are cross platform with the 3DS the internet is going to burn that day.
    To be fair they never said it would be a Switch exclusive, and a remake is a new game to them. I wonder if the Switch version would sell more..

Bayonetta is way faster paced combat then Nier:Automata and for good reason, the entire game is built around witch time which slows down time for perfect dodges. I assume you're talking about the speed at which games throws shit at you anyways, because I would never describe Nier:Automata as "bullet hell" outside of the flight or top down sections. If those are what you mean, you should probably still play Nier they're rare, and they're not in Bayonetta.

In other news we waited all this time for a LM port.... that looks worse then the original(well obv, 3DS is weaker then GC but in case anyone needed proof).

Why is this not on the Switch...
    I think the 3DS is on par with the GCN. So why would it look worse? 3D mode. Stereoscopic 3D drops the framerate by half. So if the 3DS is pushing a game in stereoscopic 3d with the same framerate as the Gamecube version without said a burden, than the 3DS is operating at a disadvantage. If not for needing to run it in stereoscopic 3D, I imagine more of the 3DS's horsepower would be going towards making the baseline game look better. There is also a difference in resolution. The Gamecube version is 640x480 because it was designed for a television screen. The 3DS in contrast has a much smaller screen with a lower resolution. Blowing up an image designed to run on a tiny 3DS screen to fill your youtube video on your PC monitor is a bit of an unfair comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    I think the 3DS is on par with the GCN.
    Not even remotely close.

The Wii was just an overclocked gamecube.

Go look at the difference between Xenoblade, a wii game and it's N3DS exclusive counter part. And hell, that is the N3DS even that can't even come close to pushing the Wii's graphics.

Didn't even bother to read the rest of the post. The 3DS is on par with the PSP power wise, which was behind the PS2 and GC. The 3DS was far out dated tech before it ever came out, it's a joke to port Gamecube or later games to it. N64 games are fine and scale up nicely on the 3DS, everything after that not so much.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair they never said it would be a Switch exclusive, and a remake is a new game to them. I wonder if the Switch version would sell more..
    There is no to be fair about it. If they do that, the internet will burn. Your question of if anyone would be opposed to it is laughable. The hate would be ridiculous. I almost want to see it happen just to see the salt. YES people would be opposed to it lmfao.

Didn't even bother to read the rest of the post. The 3DS is on par with the PSP power wise, which was behind the PS2 and GC. The 3DS was far out dated tech before it ever came out, it's a joke to port Gamecube or later games to it. N64 games are fine and scale up nicely on the 3DS, everything after that not so much.
    Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't the PSP actually more powerful than the 3DS? If I recall right anyway the CPU/GPU was better but the 3DS had more Ram.

- - - Updated - - -

If they do that they will outright kill a lot of momentum The Switch has right now. The next Pokemon game can not be on both Switch and 3DS.

This years Pokemon game is for 3DS is Detective Pikachu nothing more.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't the PSP actually more powerful than the 3DS? If I recall right anyway the CPU/GPU was better but the 3DS had more Ram.
    PSP had a higher res screen and ran games at a higher res, but the 3DS has to double the vertical res for 3D. Kind of a wash, the graphics between the two are extremely comparable IMO. Not sure on raw numbers between the two, just going off my own eye ball test.

PSP had a higher res screen and ran games at a higher res, but the 3DS has to double the vertical res for 3D. Kind of a wash, the graphics between the two are extremely comparable IMO.
    I guess if there was a difference in graphical power it really wasn't night and day. But like you said the hardware in the 3DS was old as shit when it came out.

The 3DS came out in 2011 and the PSP came out 7 years before that, That alone shows how old and weak the 3DS hardware is.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

15+ Year Old Account
    They've said usum would probably be the last 3ds games. I don't know why people think it's gonna be cross platform

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    They've said usum would probably be the last 3ds games. I don't know why people think it's gonna be cross platform
    There is no way it's cross platform they have it labeled as "New Pokemon RPG for Switch" on their own financial shit with no mention of it for 3DS. People are expecting a generational leap for Pokemon, if they get a literal up ressed 3DS game it would be the first bad marketing decision Nintendo has been a part of since the Switch came out.

Still, after he mentioned it I almost want it to happen just to literally see the internet burn on that day.

Still, after he mentioned it I almost want it to happen just to literally see the internet burn on that day.
    I'm not the biggest pokemon fan (do enjoy the games tho) and even I would be annoyed if all they did was release a upscale 3DS port.

The funny part would be them charging $60 for it as well.

OMG that just crossed my mind, So many people are not going to be expecting it to cost $60 LOL. The rage over the price alone will be something special.

I'm not the biggest pokemon fan (do enjoy the games tho) and even I would be annoyed if all they did was release a upscale 3DS port.

The funny part would be them charging $60 for it as well.

OMG that just crossed my mind, So many people are not going to be expecting it to cost $60 LOL. The rage over the price alone will be something special.
    Two separate $60 versions at that.

I just hope they don't try to Pokemon-Up Fire Emblem again. Fates was a shit show with it's 3 different versions.

Two separate $60 versions at that.
    Oh the rage is going to be magical no matter how this turns out. I have maybe bought both copies like once in all the years I have played pokemon, so thankfully it doesn't effect me (I just do a run thought the campaign).

But for what like 20 year's pokemon games has been $40 a copy and now they are going to be $60. Man I bet lots don't realize this and are going to be pissed.

I just hope they don't try to Pokemon-Up Fire Emblem again. Fates was a shit show with it's 3 different versions.
    Inb4 there 4 pokemon games (like back in the day with Yellow,Blue,Red,Green in japan)
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-03-12 at 04:46 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    There is no way it's cross platform they have it labeled as "New Pokemon RPG for Switch" on their own financial shit with no mention of it for 3DS. People are expecting a generational leap for Pokemon, if they get a literal up ressed 3DS game it would be the first bad marketing decision Nintendo has been a part of since the Switch came out.

I just want a fun game. Though i don't consider the 3d pokemans very good. I'd be more pissed if they tried to simplify it and make it more like poken like the rumor said.

Oh the rage is going to be magical no matter how this turns out. I have maybe bought both copies like once in all the years I have played pokemon, so thankfully it doesn't effect me (I just do a run thought the campaign).

But for what like 20 year's pokemon games has been $40 a copy and now they are going to be $60. Man I bet lots don't realize this and are going to be pissed.

Inb4 there 4 pokemon games (like back in the day with Yellow,Blue,Red,Green in japan)
    I still don't know how the Pokemon fan base has let them get away with the 2 version shit for this long. That was EA Greed before EA was a thing. You're literally selling the same fucking game with what 10 different exclusive Pokemon?

Maybe it will be mainstream attention when they are $60... probably not though. "It's okay when Nintendo does it".

diamond and pearl remakes will likely come AFTER gen 8, just like oras skipped a generation so it could be on 3ds.

personally though i think its wrong if diamond and pearl get remakes before fire red and leaf green do.

theyre the oldest pokemon games that havent been remade yet, they deserve remakes before gen 4 do.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I still don't know how the Pokemon fan base has let them get away with the 2 version shit for this long. That was EA Greed before EA was a thing. You're literally selling the same fucking game with what 10 different exclusive Pokemon?

Maybe it will be mainstream attention when they are $60... probably not though. "It's okay when Nintendo does it".
    Agreed I have always hated it but many for whatever reason seemed ok with it.

Maybe we will get lucky and its one pokemon game this time...........doubt it tho.

Especially when you consider the fact the pokemon games/theme is collection so all the OCD people need that water pokemon you can only get on one version. Its genius

I mean, it's not like there's any reason to pick up the other version.

It's only a matter of which legendary you like more. Anything else can easily be traded for either by a friend buying the opposite version, or just using the internet trade.

I mean yeah, it's a bit silly considering how small of a difference is, but that's better if you ask me that there's barely any difference. At least it's not like Fates where you have to buy the other games to get the full story.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I mean, it's not like there's any reason to pick up the other version.

It's only a matter of which legendary you like more. Anything else can easily be traded for either by a friend buying the opposite version, or just using the internet trade.

I mean yeah, it's a bit silly considering how small of a difference is, but that's better if you ask me that there's barely any difference. At least it's not like Fates where you have to buy the other games to get the full story.
    There seems to be a reason for people to pick up both versions. The double packs regularly sell out on release date. Why would people be buying both if they had no reason?

This sounds like your "but muh free skins" Overwatch apology. It's cool to say you don't care and won't buy the other version, I don't either. Some people do though, and those people get worked for extra money by a greedy practice. End of story.

You think Nintendo could get away if they suddenly tried to start selling 2 different versions of Smash each with it's on exclusive character in today's market? They would get torn to shreds. They only get away with it in Pokemon because the greedy practice got in early and has been grandfathered in.

Just because you don't fall for a greedy practice, and I think most on this forum don't doesn't make it any less of a greedy practice. Pokemon does not need to sell 2 different versions of the game to turn a massive profit. It only happens because they have pretty much never gotten bad PR for it and get away with it pretty much scott free.

If EA was doing it they would be torn to shreds, just like loot boxes weren't a big deal when Blizzard and Steam where doing them but let some companies with a bad rep start doing them in WB and EA and all of a sudden we got a shit show.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-03-12 at 05:09 AM.