15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Everyone laughed at me for not getting it on release day

I LAUGH AT ALL OF YOU NOW
    I didn't. I still have 0 interest in 2d sonic games.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgibb View Post
    I laugh at myself for buying it, such a worthless game.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S9 with Tapatalk
    i kind of hate when people post things like this.

why cant you just say you dont like 2d sonic games?

im not a fan of 2d sonic games, or sports games, or most fps games.

but i dont call those games BAD, because they could be the best game ever but be in a genre i dont like, not liking something doesnt mean something is bad it means YOU dont like it.

I dont like chocolate icecream, that doesnt make chocolate a bad flavor.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I've started to hold out on Physical releases for switch now, glad I hadn't picked up this sonic even though I wanted to. Maybe companies will start pushing physical and digital simultaneously now instead of waiting a few months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    In what world is Mario a slow paced platformer? I mean it might not have a speed gimmick but Mario is pretty much as much about speed and momentum as Sonic is.
    Sonic moves about 3 times faster than Mario. Makes it hard to even tell whats going on and almost impossible to avoid stuff unless you spend forever learning the levels. Mario can be about speed, but my grandma can complete most early-mid game mario levels. You have plenty of time to beat a mario level while not running like your the flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Sonic moves about 3 times faster than Mario. Makes it hard to even tell whats going on and almost impossible to avoid stuff unless you spend forever learning the levels. Mario can be about speed, but my grandma can complete most early-mid game mario levels. You have plenty of time to beat a mario level while not running like your the flash.
    And the speed in Sonic tends to not matter, because very rarely will you run too fast to die to something.

Is it graphically faster? yes.
    Reaction wise? No.

Sonic does not move 3 times faster then Mario(at least not 2D sonic). Stop getting fooled by the speed gimmick motion blur. Mario has been a game designed around speed since SMB.

You can also be slow AF and beat Sonic levels, not sure what your point is. You don't have to "go fast" in either game even though both are built around it.

If I am not mistaken...pixel measurements (comparing the size of the sprite to the distance it travels in a period of time) show that Mario actually moves faster than Sonic does in pretty much every old school 2D game.
    Mario just FEELS slower than Sonic because it's levels were very well designed (you can always see what is going on) and the Sonic games us gimmicks to make them feel faster (as Tech said: motion blur, and things like that).

I mean....Sonic can't even catch Robotnik ingame...how fast can he be!? SERIOUSLY that fatss egg-shaped man is the real speedster here. When Sonic encounters him, he instantly accelerates to a speed that Sonic cannot catch even at his top speed.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eggman also naruto runs. Thats why he goes faster.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Eggman also naruto runs. Thats why he goes faster.
    Makes 110% sense. Not sure why I NEVER THOUGHT OF THIS!
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

https://twitter.com/japanese3ds/stat...64568355627008

Max Games has announced Pikachu and Pokeball JoyCon holders out for late April.

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/suda_51/status/974994493156999168

Killer 7 and Flower, Sun, and Rain remakes announced.

- - - Updated - - -

It turns out that OS 5.0 was actually a pretty big update, just not for players as Nintendo updated a number of security systems on the Switch to the point the Switch hacking community is telling other hackers not to update to 5.0 or grab Switchs right now before newer ones are out with the 5.0 update already installed.

So the last boss in Star Allies is easily the most graphically impressive thing on the Switch. Crazy ass lighting and particle effects with real time reflections on everything. You kind of forget HAL is technical wizards when they have been stuck making mostly handheld games for so long.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the last boss in Star Allies is easily the most graphically impressive thing on the Switch. Crazy ass lighting and particle effects with real time reflections on everything. You kind of forget HAL is technical wizards when they have been stuck making mostly handheld games for so long.
    Any video link?

Any video link?
    I'm sure there are plenty on youtube, have at it. Pretty big spoiler / surprise ruined for anyone who actually plan to play the game. Definitely tops the PR ending which was also great.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-03-19 at 04:10 AM.

I'm sure there are plenty on youtube, have at it. Pretty big spoiler / surprise ruined for anyone who actually plan to play the game. Definitely tops the PR ending which was also great.
    How long would u say it took you to play it and finish it? Also is there any kinda of replayability?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    How long would u say it took you to play it and finish it? Also is there any kinda of replayability?
    8 hours- 72% on the file counter.

Just like every Kirby game there are things that unlock when you beat the story, boss rush, guest character mode(where you don't play as Kirby) and 2 secret bosses. It's probably a 15-20 hour game to 100% but puzzle pieces apparently don't count towards the 100%(or I'd be no where near 72%) but those are kind of meh anyways.

It's pretty similar content wise to the 2 3DS games, nothing more or less really.

8 hours- 72% on the file counter.

Just like every Kirby game there are things that unlock when you beat the story, boss rush, guest character mode(where you don't play as Kirby) and 2 secret bosses. It's probably a 15-20 hour game to 100% but puzzle pieces apparently don't count towards the 100%(or I'd be no where near 72%) but those are kind of meh anyways.

It's pretty similar content wise to the 2 3DS games, nothing more or less really.
    Never played the 2 3DS games, I mite just do that first since they are cheaper. 15-20 hours to do everything isn't bad, One reason I was avoiding it is cause I didn't want a 5 hour game for $60.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Someone told me xenoblade 2 is mostly cutscenes / "like watching an interactive movie" rather than an open world rpg. Is there any truth to this? I've been eyeing it awhile but held off after odyssey ended up being boring to me. I'm really looking for a good rpg right now to sink a week or two into.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    Someone told me xenoblade 2 is mostly cutscenes / "like watching an interactive movie" rather than an open world rpg. Is there any truth to this? I've been eyeing it awhile but held off after odyssey ended up being boring to me. I'm really looking for a good rpg right now to sink a week or two into.
    The cutscenes are pretty long and often, so yeah, it sure can feel like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    The cut scenes total over 15 hours if I'm not mistaken. It's an 70+ hour game on average for main story though so that is still not even close to being the majority of the game.

That said it's definitely NOT open world. Xenoblade X was open world, Xenoblade 2 much like 1 is more a collection of large levels of varying sizes, not a connected open world.

Quote Originally Posted by mageling View Post
    The cutscenes are pretty long and often, so yeah, it sure can feel like that.
    The cut scenes total over 15 hours if I'm not mistaken. It's an 70+ hour game on average for main story though so that is still not even close to being the majority of the game.

That said it's definitely NOT open world. Xenoblade X was open world, Xenoblade 2 much like 1 is more a collection of large levels of varying sizes, not a connected open world.
    Alright, I guess I'll wait until I see it on sale, or just pass on it then. Sounds like it's not really what I'm looking for right now.