Aug 28th, EU and US release.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Monster Hunter XX for the Switch is gettimg localized. Launches August 28th.
    What he said lol.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    If facts don't change your mind there is a term for that. Can't say it for fear of "not showing people respekt" on an internet forum even though it's pretty tame.

- - - Updated - - -

Nintendo charging $20 for a piece of plastic to stand your switch up while charging now? I mean it's nice to have a non 3rd party solution that won't brick your system but holy shit. Hopefully it comes with an extra charging cable at that price(since using other non Nintendo USB C charging cables has also bricked switches).
    Yes because you always only speak facts. Definitely

- - - Updated - - -

I bought XX already I didn't think it was getting localized. Oh well, a bunch of my friends are gonna pick it up so it'll be worth the second purchase.

I think ill be passing on MHXXG.

Kinda got my fill of MH with Worlds and what bit I played of the Japan import. Its a fun game but your doing the same thing over and over again in another game so that bores me.

Mite check it out when it gets $30 or less.

Also MHW felt so much better than XX and I can't go back to that lol.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I think ill be passing on MHXXG.

Kinda got my fill of MH with Worlds and what bit I played of the Japan import. Its a fun game but your doing the same thing over and over again in another game so that bores me.

Mite check it out when it gets $30 or less.

Exactly, MHW is a better quality game and this is too close to the PC port for me to really care about it. It should have released last summer TBH....

I think the benefit it has going for it is being a side game. Styles and Prowler and so on are something you can't get in 4U or for the most part MHW so its going to have some appeal gameplay wise for the same reason world does, you can simply do things you can't in any of the other games.

But going back to consumable wetstones, paint bombs and a slightly more limited moveset would be a put off for some.

Still in the grand scheme of things the Switch now has a lineup including mario kart, zelda, monster hunter, pokemon and smash. Animal Crossing is really the only thing by the end of this year the 3DS still has on lockdown in terms of nintendos big unit shifters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does monster hunter have a better camera on switch? 3ds version is horrid.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Does monster hunter have a better camera on switch? 3ds version is horrid.
    Yeah same as world.

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo pushed (with cash) Capcom into making this port just to make Nintendo Online more appealing to some.

Could be wrong tho.

Man many people are going to be pissed to buy this in August play it online and then learn they can't in September without giving Nintendo money.

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo pushed (with cash) Capcom into making this port just to make Nintendo Online more appealing to some.

Could be wrong tho.

Man many people are going to be pissed to buy this in August play it online and then learn they can't in September without giving Nintendo money.
    honestly i wouldnt be that surprised. they tried it in japan with the wii with tri and i know im not the only one thinking 'theres not enough i would play online for a significant amount of time' and MH would be a big push to that for a lot of people.

Aug 28th, EU and US release.

- - - Updated - - -

What he said lol.
    If it's 60 bucks it'll be yet another rip off
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    If it's 60 bucks it'll be yet another rip off
    Of course it's going to be $60

Capcom sold motherfucking STREET FIGHTER 2! at $40 and it's a 30 year old game. Capcom described this as a "smash hit" with Switch owners.

As long as Switch owners keep buying every game released like crack fiends, most games will stay overpriced.

Of course it's going to be $60

Capcom sold motherfucking STREET FIGHTER 2! at $40 and it's a 30 year old game. Capcom described this as a "smash hit" with Switch owners.

As long as Switch owners keep buying every game released like crack fiends, most games will stay overpriced.
    That's true. I mean for 60 you can get the superior mh world but switch owners are crack addicts
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    That's true. I mean for 60 you can get the superior mh world but switch owners are crack addicts
    Or... Maybe Generations has monsters that the fans prefer, along with the styles system and portability

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/05/...etail-june-21/

Minecraft Bedrock Edition finally coming to the Switch on June 21st.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/05/10...-world-june-9/

Nintendo announced in Jump magazine that there will be a Splatoon announcement on June 9th that will "shock the world."

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/Satomi_Famicom/s...801142273?s=19

A Gamestop worker has found 15 new $60 Switch SKUs in their system (not including ones like Pokemon, Smash, or Yoshi).

- - - Updated - - -

Crash N. Sane Trilogy has had it's multiplatform launch date pushed forward to June 29th.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Or... Maybe Generations has monsters that the fans prefer, along with the styles system and portability
    Fans prefer?

MHW is the most successful game in the franchise and did so without portability. Not only did they retain their fan base, they attracted new fans to the franchise something the rehashed 3DS games(which this is just a port of) could never do due to eye bleeding visuals being terrible for marketing.

MHW broke the glass ceiling MH had. Gonna take a massive guess and say the majority of the 9+ million owners(not even released on PC yet so gonna go over 10 easy) of it prefer it over the dated nature of MH past.

Anyways I'd be down for a MH game made specifically for Switch even if it couldn't be as ambitious as MHW. $60 for an upressed 3DS port though? No thanks.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-05-10 at 11:35 PM.

Since I'm finally home, I can type up the Story DLC datamined leaks. Obviously I'm putting it under spoiler tags:

Aegis War. No Driver-Blade Mechanic. Take direct control of Addam, Mythra, Brighid, Minoth, Lora, etc. directly. They'll all have seven arts, but characters who aren't avalible during the main game can't upgrade their weapons.

Blade data for Malos, Jin, and Haze.

But most important of all: Shulk and Fiora from Xenoblade 1 have Blade data. Specifically, they are rewards for the new challenge mode.

Shulk uses the Monado, which is classified as a Light Shield Hammer, but he's considered an Attacker Blade with things like 20% faster attack speed, reduced aggro, Foresight (like Mythra), another battle skill that allows him to nullify an attack every so often with a QTE, and his level 1 special nullifies awakened status

Fiora uses a unique wind healer based weapon which uses Twin Rings animations, mostly a critical strike/health potion healer

Fans prefer?

MHW is the most successful game in the franchise and did so without portability. Not only did they retain their fan base, they attracted new fans to the franchise something the rehashed 3DS games(which this is just a port of) could never do due to eye bleeding visuals being terrible for marketing.

MHW broke the glass ceiling MH had. Gonna take a massive guess and say the majority of the 9+ million owners(not even released on PC yet so gonna go over 10 easy) of it prefer it over the dated nature of MH past.

Anyways I'd be down for a MH game made specifically for Switch even if it couldn't be as ambitious as MHW. $60 for an upressed 3DS port though? No thanks.
    Do you always enjoy dealing in absolutes? I mean, I never said EVERY fan, and are you going to deny there's people that would enjoy/prefer generations?

I'll still pick up Generations because I preferred it over World. Has nothing to do with "crack addicts".

Do you always enjoy dealing in absolutes? I mean, I never said EVERY fan, and are you going to deny there's people that would enjoy/prefer generations?

I'll still pick up Generations because I preferred it over World. Has nothing to do with "crack addicts".
    Welcome to Tech614. They don't know how to be pleasant. Just throw their facts out there if someone is wrong, slightly or otherwise, bitch at people who have opinions that differ to their own, or run away from a thread if they get proven wrong and never admit fault.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

I can't wait to install a custom firmware on my switch.

Wow did you really take offense to the fiends comment?

If so, sorry homes it was a statement about a general population not a single person. How else would you describe an install base that makes every indy game(a lot even being terrible) outsell it's steam/ps4 counter parts by massive amounts, an install base that screams "no switch version?!" at every game without one, an install base that bought games like 1-2 Switch, ARMS or even a 30 fucking year old game in Street Fighter 2(for $40 LUL) in droves?

What is a better term to describe this behavior? They fucking buy everything, no matter how old or overpriced it may be. They cry for a port of everything no matter how unrealistic is. The general fan base is easily comparable to drug addicts, that's not calling YOU personally one and no need to take offense. I forgot it's the internet and cool to be offended though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Farath View Post
    Welcome to Tech614. They don't know how to be pleasant. Just throw their facts out there if someone is wrong, slightly or otherwise, bitch at people who have opinions that differ to their own, or run away from a thread if they get proven wrong and never admit fault.
    I don't even know who you are, or what topics I have even discussed with you(where as most of the other people in this thread I do). Just felt you should understand how irrelevant this post is to me.