15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    The only place i have seen a huge performance drop in this game, it was a factory with many moving parts. (but after you finish story there, npcs and some moving things are gone and it works better)

But generaly switch gives more power out when its docked (and heat). When i have this game in handheld, the temperature doesnt rise that high.
    Best fix for those is simply using a city port (as it reloads assets). Its usualy a sec or 2 to load, but for a game large as this its pretty good.
    It was dipping constantly on torigoth last night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Right, but, I'd take Ori at 720p all day everyday over any diarrhea brown modern military shooters running at 8k.
    Me too, but id rather a 4k ori over a 480 ori.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Then be happy that you can play it at all because Nintendo can't make a more powerful handheld and they are not going to make two consoles just to please the small amount who wants a more powerful home console. Nore can they really make a more powerful home console as well since they partnered with Nivida on the Terga chips.

Also Ori would look just fine at 720p as well.
    I dont know what you mean by small amount. I doubt anybody in this thread would be mad if they made the switch even a little more powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post

I dont know what you mean by small amount. I doubt anybody in this thread would be mad if they made the switch even a little more powerful.
    And the amount of people in this thread who wants a more powerful Switch is a super small percent compared to the overall who gives no fucks. Why do you think the Xbox One X and PS4 Pro are such Niche systems? Because the overall consumer gives no fucks.

Also once again THEY CAN'T make a little more powerful Switch. There is clear reasons as to why they can't ether and if you watched the video I posted from DF you would see that.

Hell there is clear reasons as to why it underclock's when in portable mode. In order to get a more powerful Switch they would need to partner with AMD (or Intel) and nether of those is happening.

Nintendo also isn't going to make a pure Home Console ever again, Them doing so puts them in 100% competition with Sony/Microsoft. Them being a hybrid is what makes the system stand out over the other 2.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

It was dipping constantly on torigoth last night.

Me too, but id rather a 4k ori over a 480 ori.

And that ain't happening unless Nvidia manufacture a decent CPU due to the deal they have with them.

And forget there ever being a chance of a mobile 1050 being in there.

15+ Year Old Account
    And the amount of people in this thread who wants a more powerful Switch is a super small percent compared to the overall who gives no fucks. Why do you think the Xbox One X and PS4 Pro are such Niche systems? Because the overall consumer gives no fucks.

Also once again THEY CAN'T make a little more powerful Switch. There is clear reasons as to why they can't ether and if you watched the video I posted from DF you would see that.

Hell there is clear reasons as to why it underclock's when in portable mode. In order to get a more powerful Switch they would need to partner with AMD (or Intel) and nether of those is happening.

Nintendo also isn't going to make a pure Home Console ever again, Them doing so puts them in 100% competition with Sony/Microsoft. Them being a hybrid is what makes the system stand out over the other 2.
    Theyre niche because theyre more expensive. I see people constantly whining over fidelity. Its not a minority. As for the video, i would believe nintendo or nvidia engineers could do something if they ever wanted to. Df arent the authority.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    And that ain't happening unless Nvidia manufacture a decent CPU due to the deal they have with them.

And forget there ever being a chance of a mobile 1050 being in there.
    Maybe not, but all ive said is i want it it. Why wouldnt everybody want better looking games?

Theyre niche because theyre more expensive. I see people constantly whining over fidelity. Its not a minority. As for the video, i would believe nintendo or nvidia engineers could do something if they ever wanted to. Df arent the authority.

Maybe not, but all ive said is i want it it. Why wouldnt everybody want better looking games?
    I'd love for the Switch to be able to actually handle 1080P but well it doesn't need to.

If they could of done something they would have. Its explained why they can't, If your going to ignore fact's then this conversation is over. Your only argument against that video is "They are not Nivida they can't do it".

There is limits and Nintendo has a deal with Nivida on the Terga X1. The Terga X1 is very limited and its impressive what they have done with it.

Educate yourself before saying anyone is wrong or can/can't do something.

Why wouldnt everybody want better looking games?
    Because better looking doesn't make a game better, Not everyone gets a hard on about graphics. Undertale is a amazing game and its not graphically impressive.

God of War is a amazing looking game but that is held up by amazing story and amazing gameplay. Its graphic's wouldn't matter if those two things sucked.

Case in point for me BOTW is a amazing looking game, It sucks everywhere else.

You are never getting a pure home console from Nintendo and its going to be a super long ass time before we get PS4 graphic's in a handheld. Accept that.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

The Switch isn't the issue to be fair.

It's Nintendo and their crappy approach to the specs. In what universe is a mobile phone or tablet CPU a good choice?

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd love for the Switch to be able to actually handle 1080P but well it doesn't need to.
    I feel like it does.
    If they could of done something they would have. Its explained why they can't, If your going to ignore fact's then this conversation is over. Your only argument against that video is "They are not Nivida they can't do it".

There is limits and Nintendo has a deal with Nivida on the Terga X1. The Terga X1 is very limited and its impressive what they have done with it.

Educate yourself before saying anyone is wrong or can/can't do something.

Because better looking doesn't make a game better, Not everyone gets a hard on about graphics. Undertale is a amazing game and its not graphically impressive.

God of War is a amazing looking game but that is held up by amazing story and amazing gameplay. Its graphic's wouldn't matter if those two things sucked.

Case in point for me BOTW is a amazing looking game, It sucks everywhere else.

You are never getting a pure home console from Nintendo and its going to be a super long ass time before we get PS4 graphic's in a handheld. Accept that.
    And they could have used x2 if they wanted to. A df video isnt law.

It objectivley makes games better. I know this for a fact because i know you wont play any game with a changable resolution at 480p. You wont even think about setting it that low.

The Switch isn't the issue to be fair.

It's Nintendo and their crappy approach to the specs. In what universe is a mobile phone or tablet CPU a good choice?
    The thing is it does what Nintendo wants it to do and in the end that's what they care about. They got them on the cheap, Sell at a high profit and it does what they want. The same can be said for PS4 and XB1 as well.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel like it does.

And they could have used x2 if they wanted to. A df video isnt law.

It objectivley makes games better. I know this for a fact because i know you wont play any game with a changable resolution at 480p. You wont even think about setting it that low.
    And they couldn't use the X2 if they wanted otherwise It would require way more Cooling/RND time and the system would not have released when it did.

The DF video is Law when all your bringing is a uninformed opinion. You think the Switch is big now, Put a X2 in it and see how bigger it gets to add in the cooling they would need. Not counting everything else.

And they could have used x2 if they wanted to.
    They really couldn't though. The X2 isn't being used in anything but cars right now for a reason.

They could have used better SoCs from other companies if you want to go that route, but the X1 is literally the best they where doing at $300 from nvidia.

15+ Year Old Account
    The thing is it does what Nintendo wants it to do and in the end that's what they care about. They got them on the cheap, Sell at a high profit and it does what they want. The same can be said for PS4 and XB1 as well.

- - - Updated - - -

And they couldn't use the X2 if they wanted otherwise It would require way more Cooling/RND time and the system would not have released when it did.

The DF video is Law when all your bringing is a uninformed opinion. You think the Switch is big now, Put a X2 in it and see how bigger it gets to add in the cooling they would need. Not counting everything else.
    Its not uninformed. Delaying it and making it a more powerful system is what i want in the first place. Then they could have made a smaller handheld with another nvidia proprietery chip. Problem solved.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    They really couldn't though. The X2 isn't being used in anything but cars right now for a reason.

They could have used better SoCs from other companies if you want to go that route, but the X1 is literally the best they where doing at $300 from nvidia.
    They still could have even if they had to change its architecture. They could have done anything theh wanted to. Even another shitty arm processor.

Its not uninformed. Delaying it and making it a more powerful system is what i want in the first place. Then they could have made a smaller handheld with another nvidia proprietery chip. Problem solved.
    So delaying the release for like 5 years+ you think is a good idea? You are very uninformed about what you are talking about. You are uninformed about how AA/Reslution works and you are veryyyy uninformed about Nivida/Terga and Nintendo.

You want a more powerful system from Nintendo, If you have been fallowing anything Nintendo related since the Wii you would learn that you are not getting it. There is clear reasons as to why you are not getting it as well.

Just like there is clear reasons as to why The Switch isn't more powerful. You ignore fact's because you want something they won't and can't give.

They still could have even if they had to change its architecture. They could have done anything theh wanted to. Even another shitty arm processor.
    I mean you're saying to delay the system to wait on better hardware, you can always say that. There will always be better hardware on the horizon.

If they changed the Architecture then it would not have been a portable system. Once again watch the dam DF video and you would have learned this.

Edit: Even if they was able to change the Architecture the same limits would apply there as well.

At the end of the day the Switch is what it is. Impressive as a mobile device for the most part, and a "Wii U Pro" when you dock it.

It is impressive for a mobile device gaming wise.

It's also really meh as a home console.

They couldn't pull off the mobile aspect without an ARM chip which is going to gimp the home console aspect of it right out of the gate even before factoring in heat and power draw issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is this even a thing, there will be a more powerful Switch in another 4-5 years and for what it is, it's great enough atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Why is this even a thing, there will be a more powerful Switch in another 4-5 years and for what it is, it's great enough atm.
    I'm just wondering why we're complaining about the Switch after 6 years of eye raping 240p on the 3DS.

It's limitation when docked on the big screen is still no where near as bad as the 3DS was for a mobile device, even for it's time(PSP literally came out a gen before it and had a higher res screen).

At the end of the day the Switch is what it is. Impressive as a mobile device for the most part, and a "Wii U Pro" when you dock it.

It is impressive for a mobile device gaming wise.

It's also really meh as a home console.

They couldn't pull off the mobile aspect without an ARM chip which is going to gimp the home console aspect of it right out of the gate even before factoring in heat and power draw issues.
    I agree for the most part, I would say a Wii-U 2 (like PS2 to PS3 Jump) since there is a decent hardware gape between the two. But ether way you are correct and people need to stop wanting Nintendo to release a console on par if not better then Sony/Microsoft. Its not going to happen, While they are competition with each other Nintendo does not want to be 100% direct competition.

The portable aspect is what makes The Switch stand out over the other two systems.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm just wondering why we're complaining about the Switch after 6 years of eye raping 240p on the 3DS.

It's limitation when docked on the big screen is still no where near as bad as the 3DS was for a mobile device, even for it's time(PSP literally came out a gen before it and had a higher res screen).
    Right.

It being bigger is why I can play it over the 3DS, the small ass screen and shit controls (No 2nd analog stick for games like Monster Hunter) is what annoyed me about the 3DS.

The Vita improved on all aspects besides screen size, its just a bit bigger (or about the same) as a 3DS XL.

10+ Year Old Account

Seriously, I got halfway through DQ7 and have up because the resolution and frame rate was bothering me too much. Wario Ware Gold will be my last 3DS purchase.

15+ Year Old Account
    So delaying the release for like 5 years+ you think is a good idea? You are very uninformed about what you are talking about. You are uninformed about how AA/Reslution works and you are veryyyy uninformed about Nivida/Terga and Nintendo.

You want a more powerful system from Nintendo, If you have been fallowing anything Nintendo related since the Wii you would learn that you are not getting it. There is clear reasons as to why you are not getting it as well.

Just like there is clear reasons as to why The Switch isn't more powerful. You ignore fact's because you want something they won't and can't give.
    It wouldnt have been 5 years. Youre silly. And no im not uninformed. Do a game look crisper at 480p or 1080p? If you say 1080, then im right. And again, not uninformed about the tegra. They could have used a 2 or 3 if they wanted. I dont think you are grasping the fact its their system so they could have made it more powerful if they wanted to. Youre just definitvley saying they cant.

What facts am i ignoring? That its not a very powerful system? Ive been saying that since specs were released.

- - - Updated - - -

Because im not just talking about undocked. And im also talking about size. Ill take 240p if i can quickly put it in my pocket.