Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Below Cathay? That is the kingdom of Ind to the left and the Hinterlands of Kuresh to the right. The latter has, as far as I can tell basically no background other then being a jungle full of bloodthirsty humanoid snakes and a lost Lizerdmen city.
    Ah ok thanks, don't know much lore hence the question. Looks like a perfect place for more factions in a DLC...

Quick googling about it, it seems it's "scrapped" content from Games Workshops side. Snake men sounds interesting.
    Warhammer 3 did help to push GW to flesh out the lore and expand on Cathay.

https://www.trustedreviews.com/news/...mmer-3-4197098

So maybe these areas will still be used in the future. Seems like a waste of space otherwise ^^

EDIT:
    well nevermind... shutdown quick.
    https://www.pcgamesn.com/total-war-w...nippon-khuresh
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Testiculos View Post
    faction selection screen with 86 lords.
    It's pretty damn crazy 86 lords with unique mechanics and some 270 total factions.

Also the turn times is only like 15-30sec from what i have seen.
    Do you hear the voices too?

It'd be a bit weird to have Ind and Khuresh on the map but non playable or even enterable. They did say they have no current plans to do them, so there is a tiny pinch of hope, but not much. Makes adding Cathay but not Ind, Khuresh or Nippon look like a cynical choice.

Trying to figure out who to play first. My preference is for Lizardmen, but they still haven't had the racial overhaul they need. Could go Nakai given he doesn't worry about the Geomantic Web or stuff like that. Send the big croc rampaging around Cathay. If not them, maybe dawi, orks or tomb kings. I'm going to wait until Kislev and Nurgle get fleshed out with DLC before giving them a go.

- - - Updated - - -

Nakai is still broken. Allies still declare war on your vassal. And on top of that, he can't build outposts to get troops from other races either.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    It'd be a bit weird to have Ind and Khuresh on the map but non playable or even enterable. They did say they have no current plans to do them, so there is a tiny pinch of hope, but not much. Makes adding Cathay but not Ind, Khuresh or Nippon look like a cynical choice.

Trying to figure out who to play first. My preference is for Lizardmen, but they still haven't had the racial overhaul they need. Could go Nakai given he doesn't worry about the Geomantic Web or stuff like that. Send the big croc rampaging around Cathay. If not them, maybe dawi, orks or tomb kings. I'm going to wait until Kislev and Nurgle get fleshed out with DLC before giving them a go.

- - - Updated - - -

Nakai is still broken. Allies still declare war on your vassal. And on top of that, he can't build outposts to get troops from other races either.
    Araby sets a clear precedent. Southern Realms/Dogs of War as well if we count them.

And no surprise Nakai is still broken. He needed a redesign from the ground up, they patched up some things but overall we need a vassal overhaul. They should just not be capable of diplomacy, merely following their suzerain. Their only possible decision being to rebel if the player is weak or disliked enough.

I've settled on Be'lakor for my first campaign personally. Lorkhir really tempted me but I dunno, I don't like what they did to the slaves mechanic as they're now discount Devotees from Slaanesh.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Going to go for Wood Elves first. Been a while since I played them and teleporting to woods around the map sounds like a great thing with how freaking big it is.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Araby sets a clear precedent. Southern Realms/Dogs of War as well if we count them.

And no surprise Nakai is still broken. He needed a redesign from the ground up, they patched up some things but overall we need a vassal overhaul. They should just not be capable of diplomacy, merely following their suzerain. Their only possible decision being to rebel if the player is weak or disliked enough.
    At least you can enter Araby and Southern Realms. Ind and Khuresh are just blank terrainless outlines on the map. The least they could have done was just put some jungles in them.

Nakai should have been an easy fix. Modders have done it. Troy did it as well. There was one faction with vassals in it, and the only diplomatic actions you could do with them were to make trade agreements. You couldn't declare war on them unless you declared war on its overlord (Agamemnon). Should be the same in WH2/3.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Going to go for Wood Elves first. Been a while since I played them and teleporting to woods around the map sounds like a great thing with how freaking big it is.
    Plus both the Darklands and Cathay get a new forest you can teleport to and protect by murderizing everyone around them. I gotta play Drycha at some point, her campaign is super thematic and she gets bears now.

@Corvus I wouldn't be surprised if they expand the map towards those locations much like they slowly expanded the map in WH2, perhaps starting when the Monkey King comes. What I doubt is that it'll be accompanied by Ind and/or Khuresh races, they'll populate the place with stuff like Greenskins, Skaven, Beastmen, and some odd expeditions from Cathay or whatever. IMO the priority goes Chaos Dwarf (obviously), then Dogs of War, then Legions of Undead which already isn't super likely to be a race even if I'm certain Nagash himself is coming, and then the rest of the minor stuff like Khuresh, Ind, Nippon, Hobgoblins and the like, of which one might get implemented if the game does really well and CA is still in the mood for Race or Campaign Packs years down the line. So it's a darn big maybe I think.

Since they have do design Ind/Nippon basically from scratch, like Cathay, it may be that its not worth the time for the price of a race pack.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Really hope when Chaos Dwarfs comes with, what i've heard, a slave mechanic they rework the Dark Elves slave changes. Seems like just reusing N'kari's mechanic is just a temporary "fix".

Think Helman Ghorst will be my first run only because hes one of few i never tried as he sucks, now he looks pretty good and fun. Full zombie army and using spells then perhaps one other army as reinforcement with some higher tier units or a hero army following him around.

Of course they'll expand the map to include Ind and Khuresh, did people here forget that Athel Loren was also inaccessible back in WH1? If they don't want to make new race packs for these places, then they can just fill them with Lizardmen, elven/human colonists, and so on. I'm pretty sure that lorewise there is a lost lizardmen city in Khuresh, so their presence there is guaranteed.

Furthermore, when Li Dao the Fire Dragon becomes playable, they need to present credible threats from the south. Li Dao's job is to defend Cathay's southern borders from the creatures of Ind and Khuresh, after all. So, either Li Dao never becomes playable (which isn't happening, all the dragon princes will obviously become playable), or they're opening up those places and filling them with hostile factions. Otherwise, having Li Dao with no Khuresh and Ind is like having Miao Ying with no Chaos Wastes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Really hope when Chaos Dwarfs comes with, what i've heard, a slave mechanic they rework the Dark Elves slave changes. Seems like just reusing N'kari's mechanic is just a temporary "fix".
    Delves will have reworked slave mechanic as soon as IE comes, supposedly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Delves will have reworked slave mechanic as soon as IE comes, supposedly.
    That's the copy of the N'kari Slaneesh devotee mechanic. It's literally the same.
    Afaik, they didn't like the economic power you got with slaves, and instead of doing a proper rework they just took devotee system and exchange "devotee" to "slaves". Which is why I think it's just a temporary economy fix and hopefully chaos dwarves comes with a proper unique slave mechanic which Dark Elves will take part of.

Hmm...anyone know why the game tells me why DLC factions I have aren't available?
    "free" and I should get them from steam, but already have them and it worked in warhammer 2.

Hmm...anyone know why the game tells me why DLC factions I have aren't available?
    "free" and I should get them from steam, but already have them and it worked in warhammer 2.
    No idea tried find the same thing on reddit but no posts have you checked all dlc in properties dlc perhaps the patch messed it up, i just got home so downloading patch now and cant freaking wait this is going to be epic as fuck.

Someone said to verify files after downloading patch though to fix some things so try that.

Here is a thread with more people with the issue you can follow https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...s_anyone_else/

They say you should restart steam a couple times and it will work.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2022-08-23 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    No idea tried find the same thing on reddit but no posts have you checked all dlc in properties dlc perhaps the patch messed it up, i just got home so downloading patch now and cant freaking wait this is going to be epic as fuck.

Someone said to verify files after downloading patch though to fix some things so try that.

Here is a thread with more people with the issue you can follow https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...s_anyone_else/

They say you should restart steam a couple times and it will work.
    Might try that, no rush really... trying out Valkia anyway.
    Some say verifying didn't help. I just jot it down to verification problems, either due to bugs or maybe just heavy traffic.

Might try that, no rush really... trying out Valkia anyway.
    Some say verifying didn't help. I just jot it down to verification problems, either due to bugs or maybe just heavy traffic.
    Yeah in that thread they said to try restarting steam a couple times but it's not 100% but im sure they will patch fix it soon.

I thankfully haven't had an issue getting my DLCs to work, at least everywhere I checked.

That WoC rework... ye gods, it's a good one. Feels like they got as much work and flavor as the Beastmen but are far less unbalanced. Playing as Archaon and growing my host with Marks as my vassals clean up my leftovers and hand settlements to me whenever I wish is peak Chaos experience IMO. I am finding the AI pretty timid so far and it's the biggest criticism I heard from streamers and such, I'm fine with my Archaon campaign being a power fantasy but for future ones I'd really like AI empires to have some backbone, offer fun field battles and grow into the lategame. Ideally the crisis wouldn't be the only thing that can possibly challenge the player past turn 60.

Performance has improved on the campaign map as well, I got a good 20 more FPS which is great. My GPU is even more overloaded than usual tho and reaches 85c on the campaign map, unheard of in any other game even the Cyberpunks and Metro Exodus of this world with RTX enabled and everything.

Expect a few bugs for a while.

Nakai actually has an income now. Being able to afford more than 1 army for him is downright bizarre.