About time that the rats and lizards got some love.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    And I'm thankful for both of these. Most of the people who played TK in early access said it was a little rough around the edges
    From what I've seen, most of the people said the battle AI was in a terrible state and seemed to be a huge downgrade from previous titles. Good to see CA apparently doesn't intend to go with another Empire/Rome2 release. 3 more months should be enough to fix at least the most glaring problems.

Damn, I wish my laptop could handle WH2 and TK when it comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    From what I've seen, most of the people said the battle AI was in a terrible state and seemed to be a huge downgrade from previous titles. Good to see CA apparently doesn't intend to go with another Empire/Rome2 release. 3 more months should be enough to fix at least the most glaring problems.
    I am sceptical how much they can improve the game in just 3 months. I don't understand what happened with 3 Kingdom battles. It is the same engine as WH/Rome, has less unit variety, less complex siege maps, smaller armies and yet: The battlefield assets look worse and the AI is incompetent. I couldn't name a single thing on the battle map they actually improved. And duells should just be removed. The AI cant handle them and the implementation is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    I am sceptical how much they can improve the game in just 3 months. I don't understand what happened with 3 Kingdom battles. It is the same engine as WH/Rome, has less unit variety, less complex siege maps, smaller armies and yet: The battlefield assets look worse and the AI is incompetent. I couldn't name a single thing on the battle map they actually improved. And duells should just be removed. The AI cant handle them and the implementation is stupid.
    I can't argue about the assets, but I think improving AI is just a matter of adding some algorithms, making AI calculate the duel chances better and actually refuse them, which I think was the biggest complaint. I think it can be fine if they don't waste the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    I can't argue about the assets, but I think improving AI is just a matter of adding some algorithms, making AI calculate the duel chances better and actually refuse them, which I think was the biggest complaint. I think it can be fine if they don't waste the time.
    Let's hope for the best. It's still long overdue that something actually gets improved over the previous game. These problems have been existing since forever.

Someone at CA was definitely rewatching predator.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/9...__The_Warlock/

Other than the obvious, there is a part that implies that Skaven will get the "coves" mechanic from VCoast, and Clan Skryre will be able to place nukes this way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post

waiting for that comment...
    "omg they totally copied WoW. that's just kobolds vs zandalari"

i love warhammer, especially the fantasy one.
    cant wait.

That may be the greatest trailer ever.

That Predator reference at the start, what a great piece

Now that's a trailer, love the predator reference

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post

Someone at CA was definitely rewatching predator.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/9...__The_Warlock/

Other than the obvious, there is a part that implies that Skaven will get the "coves" mechanic from VCoast, and Clan Skryre will be able to place nukes this way.
    The Steam page has more details. Yeah, Skaven get the Cove mechanic but can place it anywhere and build a host of buildings that way, including a nuke that obliterates the city. But the more they build, the more likely they are to be detected.

Clan Skryre, if you play as them, also have unique mechanics in regards to them scavenging materials after battle to upgrade their war machines (weapon teams, Doomflayers, Doomwheels) and build campaign-unique Regiments of Renown version of them. Also confirmed that Clan Skryre starts in Skavenblight in Mortal Empires.

In terms of new mechanics Lizzies get to sacrifice captives for bonuses, and a questline to recruit Lord Kroak as a legendary hero, available to all LLs. Alongside this Bretonnia gets a campaign overhaul with no units that I can see, and we still don't know what the free Lizardmen Lord will be.

Needless to say I already bought this thing. Can't wait to get my hands on all that new stuff.

Yes! Blood for the Serpent-God! Death to the warmbloods!

No word yet as to who the FLC LL is, though they have confirmed the LMs are getting one.

And no word yet on the the changes to the rats and lizards factions beyond the Undercity for the rats. I just hope they fix the annoying predatory instincts for the lizards - it is not fun gameplay having your army out of your control.

Tehenhuain will probably be a caster lord, but the LMs also get a new generic skink melee lord which will hopefully make skink heavy armies feasible. Kroak as an immortal hero makes sense - in the lore he was a corpse animated via sheer willpower, who couldn't communicate with anyone and knew only one spell. It just happens to be rather powerful.

New units for the LMs are fast moving, AP great weapon skinks, fast moving fire breath salamander packs, a huge fire breathing ancient salamander, flying anti-inf AP ripperdactyl riders, an ancient stegadon with the engine fo the gods that drops fire from the heaven and a bastildon that summons hordes of poisonous vipers around itself.

So the DLC is out and the Skaven are now stupidly broken OP. The new units are murder machines and coupled with Ikit's workshop, they only get worse.

One player managed to wipe out all other non-Skaven factions in Southern Lustria in 25 turns as Ikit. On Legendary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh shit they announced a new DLC called The Hunter & The Beast; its the Empire and the Lizardmen.

- New Empire LL, Markus Wulfhart, the Huntsmarshal.
    - New Lizardmen LL, Nakai The Wanderer.

New Empire Units:
    - Huntsman General (Lord)
    - Archers, as well as a regiment of renown called the Deathjacks.
    - Huntsmen (advanced archers with vanguard deployment/stalk), as well as a regiment of renown called the White Wolves.
    - War Wagon
    - War Wagon (mortar), as well as a regiment of renown called the Black Lions, which replace the mortar with a helblaster volley gun.

New Lizardmen Units:
    - Ancient Kroxigors
    - Feral Dread Saurian
    - Dread Saurian (Howdah), as well as a regiment of renown called the Shredder of Lustria.
    - Sacred Kroxigors, as well as a regiment of renown called the Cohort of Huati.
    - Razordon Hunting Pack, as well as a regiment of renown called the Amaxon Barbs.

---

There's also a second Lizardmen legendary lord coming as FreeLC, Lord Gor-Rok.

The Empire is also getting its Old World update... Balthasar Gelt will get a unique starting location and be his own faction (The Golden Order). The Empire's mechanics will be reworked and there are also new Empire provinces/regions in the Old World; like Solland which will be Balthasar Gelt's new start position, as well as new 'fort settlements' at the borders of the Empire, similar to the high elf gates on Ulthuan.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Oh shit they announced a new DLC called The Hunter & The Beast; its the Empire and the Lizardmen.

- New Empire LL, Markus Wulfhart, the Huntsmarshal.
    - New Lizardmen LL, Nakai The Wanderer.

New Empire Units:
    - Huntsman General (Lord)
    - Archers, as well as a regiment of renown called the Deathjacks.
    - Huntsmen (advanced archers with vanguard deployment/stalk), as well as a regiment of renown called the White Wolves.
    - War Wagon
    - War Wagon (mortar), as well as a regiment of renown called the Black Lions, which replace the mortar with a helblaster volley gun.

New Lizardmen Units:
    - Ancient Kroxigors
    - Feral Dread Saurian
    - Dread Saurian (Howdah), as well as a regiment of renown called the Shredder of Lustria.
    - Sacred Kroxigors, as well as a regiment of renown called the Cohort of Huati.
    - Razordon Hunting Pack, as well as a regiment of renown called the Amaxon Barbs.

---

There's also a second Lizardmen legendary lord coming as FreeLC, Lord Gor-Rok.

The Empire is also getting its Old World update... Balthasar Gelt will get a unique starting location and be his own faction (The Golden Order). The Empire's mechanics will be reworked and there are also new Empire provinces/regions in the Old World; like Solland which will be Balthasar Gelt's new start position, as well as new 'fort settlements' at the borders of the Empire, similar to the high elf gates on Ulthuan.
    Looks sick love the trailer too and that dread saurian looks insane same with the new lizardmen lord. Cant wait. Gor-Rok will also be awesome.

Now where is those juicy Warhammer 3 news? must be coming soon.
    Do you hear the voices too?

I really like the precedent this sets, allowing game 1 races to continue to be fleshed out while also further expanding the game 2 ones. Here's hoping the Greenskins are next, they desperately need their campaign featured overhauled and pitting them vs the High Elves would be thematically perfect.

While I of course like Nakai, Gor-Rok, Sacred Kroxigors and the Dread Saurian, gameplay-wise I'm mostly excited for the Empire rework and Markus's campaign which looks quite unique and thematic.

Here's hoping the Greenskins are next, they desperately need their campaign featured overhauled and pitting them vs the High Elves would be thematically perfect.
    The Blind and The Paunch. I'm hoping for this as well, as Goblins are my favs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like the precedent this sets, allowing game 1 races to continue to be fleshed out while also further expanding the game 2 ones.
    The guy in charge of TW Warhammer DLC also posted this on Reddit a day or two ago; basically confirming Beastmen will get some more stuff at some point as well:

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...otrek-felix/p1

Apparently, the other free content pack is Gotrek and Felix, recruitable as a Lord and Hero pair by the Empire, Dwarfs and Bretonnia. You can get them in early access soon-ish if you buy an issue of White Dwarf, or just get them for free in October.

Gotrek is also voiced by Brian Blessed, which is stupid and awesome and I love it.

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...otrek-felix/p1

Apparently, the other free content pack is Gotrek and Felix, recruitable as a Lord and Hero pair by the Empire, Dwarfs and Bretonnia. You can get them in early access soon-ish if you buy an issue of White Dwarf, or just get them for free in October.

Gotrek is also voiced by Brian Blessed, which is stupid and awesome and I love it.
    Brian also did Gotrek in the audio novels. The man does a good dwarf
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death