[Megathread] Torchlight: Infinite - Mobile Game

https://torchlight.xd.com/

New Torchlight game coming and yes, it's a mobile game. Nope, not from any of the original crew from Runic or Echtra, PWE owns the IP and it's being develped by a Chinese company called XD.

Immediately there are a TON of red flags for series fans, yeah. But like...it kinda actually looks good?

https://www.taptap.io/video/2149501825

Visually looks good, gameplay looks solid with lots of big AoE, dead enemies, big bosses, and fast movement. Apparently it's got a bit of a stripped down skill modding system with a few layers to it and allows for enough customization for characters to play outside their traditional roles (i.e. big guy can be a caster, caster dude can be a melee mage).

And apparently Google is releasing a Windows version of the Play Store next year, so that means that we'll be able to play it on PC. I hope they'll have some kinda UI update for it but whatever, I'm happy with more Torchlight.

https://toucharcade.com/2021/12/20/t...-ipad-android/

Beta signups apparently going on now.

Cinematic announce trailer. It's fun and it is on-brand for Torchlight sorta but...man does it feel like the Borderlands and League of Legends inspiration is a bit on the nose. But still fun, and there's a catgirl so that's cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sad that it's a mobile game, but I'll definitely give it a shot when it comes out, or at least keep an eye on it during development. Generally I can't stand playing any game on my phone for long without my hands falling asleep, so I am glad that there is at least a basic PC port planned as well. I hope monetization isn't too borked on release, even though it most likely will be.

I am interested in this as my typical mobile games of DC Legends and Black Desert Mobile are getting a little stale lately.

Don't care about cinematic trailers, but i'm mildly intrigued. Not a huuuge fan of the series, but this might work on mobile.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was a huge fan of Torchlight II and I had high hopes for Torchlight III... but we all see what happened with that.

Something about playing an Action-RTS/hack-and-slash game on a mobile phone is not really appealing to me.

Hey folks , anyone playing ? any information about this ?

I'm not gonna lie, I'm playing a shit load of this right now.

You have to get over the mobile bullshit but once you do, you have a cooked down PoE that just leaves the good bits, with a sprinkle of Marvel Heroes.

And the necro character is a Dwarf with mechs.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    You have to get over the mobile bullshit but once you do, you have a cooked down PoE that just leaves the good bits, with a sprinkle of Marvel Heroes.
    Granted I haven't played since the first few seasons pre-launch, but this continues to be my take on it. It's unabashedly stealing wholesale from PoE in terms of skill design and entire systems but I'm super fine with it. Whereas PoE is defined by the struggle, Torchlight instead leans into the power fantasy angle more heavily and streamlines everything PoE does down to dramatically simplified systems.

It plays quite well and looks on point for Torchlight, even if the look and name are the only things it shares in common with the IP. I might get back into it again, I keep forgetting it's part of the currently/upcoming good feast of ARPG's that we've got 'round the bend - Last Epoch, Torchlight Infinite, D4 (when it's patched up/has an expansion), PoE 1/2, Grim Dawn expansion and maybe Titan Quest 2, too. Gonna be a feast of good fuckin ARPG's with nowhere near the time to play them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Its pretty good, but its just a shame, that its soul is kinda lost in the developer, who you can really see is more used to making games for the Asia market.

It feels like a PoE clone mixed with Guardians of Ember or some other mobile MMORPG. It feels more like Lost Ark than an actual Torchlight game, which makes me sad. Would have loved if Torchlight 3 had worked better and that this is not the current aktive version of Torchlight :/
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Granted I haven't played since the first few seasons pre-launch, but this continues to be my take on it. It's unabashedly stealing wholesale from PoE in terms of skill design and entire systems but I'm super fine with it. Whereas PoE is defined by the struggle, Torchlight instead leans into the power fantasy angle more heavily and streamlines everything PoE does down to dramatically simplified systems.
    New season is boiled down to "Rituals in Temple". And it's just fun as hell.

Glad I slept on this because I was jonesing for a brain dead grind.

Another thing worth mentioning for those interested is they also said YES to a lot of things POE hard NOs on. Like autolooting currency. And an in game auction house. Wanna spam a movement ability, just do it. Wanna autobomb? Just do it. No hurdles.
    Last edited by unfilteredJW; 2023-09-14 at 09:50 PM.

Bump.

I'm burned out on Diablo IV for now, and looking for something new to play. I was a big fan of Torchlight 1, and LOVED Torchlight 2, is Torchlight Infinite worth playing and is it fun? Is there CoOp I can play with my buddy via LAN together?

- - - Updated - - -

The new TLI season launches on the 23rd February , it adds some new legendaries, a new affix that massively increases player power and triple loot for specific mechanics in the game!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf-zpAkhes8

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Bump.

I'm burned out on Diablo IV for now, and looking for something new to play. I was a big fan of Torchlight 1, and LOVED Torchlight 2, is Torchlight Infinite worth playing and is it fun? Is there CoOp I can play with my buddy via LAN together?

- - - Updated - - -

The new TLI season launches on the 23rd February , it adds some new legendaries, a new affix that massively increases player power and triple loot for specific mechanics in the game!

try grim dawn or last epoch,better than anything else on the market

Bump.

Torchlight Infinite worth playing and is it fun? Is there CoOp I can play with my buddy via LAN together?
    Worth playing. The game excels at seasonal content. It's well-regarded and played to that extent. Many ARPG fans and media personalities play TLI seasonally. There is co-op, it's an online game.

Less complex than Path of Exile and Last Epoch. More expansive than Diablo 4 and Undecember. More modern and robust than Grim Dawn and Martyr.

Bump.

- - - Updated - - -

It's all the best parts of most of the arpgs on the market boiled down to it's simplest and fun parts.

Excellent play-along of the new season mechanic.

I loved to play Torchlight (the first one), but for some reason II and the MMORPG-version did not work for me.