Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalcheus View Post
    I also think it's weird that no one seemed to notice or care that Supergirl damaged a Catco elevator/shaft/roof

The first couple episodes of all the shows so far have had massive plot holes.

I mean, I get why you have to for narrative purposes, but I'm really getting tired of the "talk first, apprehend second" method of superheroing that Supergirl and Flash do. Don't even give her (or him, in the case of Flash) the chance to put a whammy on you, just deposit her right in a holding cell before she even knows you're there.

The episode got better as it went on, but there really is no point for Kara not to tell Lena she's Supergirl anymore and so that's just going to continue to annoy me.
    I know that is getting really annoying, both shows downplay the supper speed. Like in Flash when he was going after robo ninja he was running fast but the stuff around him was still falling and windmills still rotating why did it take so long to catch up with him when hes The Flash and with SG they SEVERELY downplay her speed its like she doesn't even have superspeed both run and flight at all. It just gets annoying after a while.

Hopefully Lena finds out soon partly i wonder if she hasn't told her yet because she truly enjoys having a close friend who doesn't know so she can be plain old Kara. Lena better be a part of the X-Over this year because the event that is supposed to cause the "Hero's Call" happens on E-38. Something else that they still have yet to address is the Kara/Maggie interactions she has one on one interactions with every one on the show in almost every episode EXCEPT for Maggie and its portraying her as a crappy sister who doesn't try to get to know her sisters fiance and Maggie is the most down to earth and relaxed person in their group.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    Something else that they still have yet to address is the Kara/Maggie interactions she has one on one interactions with every one on the show in almost every episode EXCEPT for Maggie and its portraying her as a crappy sister who doesn't try to get to know her sisters fiance and Maggie is the most down to earth and relaxed person in their group.
    That probably should have happened last season, but Kara was stuck in the Mon-el vortex and barely interacted with anybody else then. And now with the baby conversation I'm thinking Maggie isn't sticking around much longer since that's the usual signal to amicably break up a couple on tv.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    also there "might" be a chance of Superman showing up in the X-Over.
    no, there isnt thats why you have overGIRL in the ray promo and not overMAN like in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    no, there isnt thats why you have overGIRL in the ray promo and not overMAN like in the comics.
    It starts AT Alex/Maggie wedding and Clark is a close family friend so he will be at the wedding unless they pull some stupid BS excuse like Metropolis needs him or something and he cant attend the wedding. Otherwise they just portray him as an ass. Even if it's just him at the wedding then going off to protect his city. Could also just be another major plot hole they ignore like when Jerimah came back and not even a phone call to the man.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    That probably should have happened last season, but Kara was stuck in the Mon-el vortex and barely interacted with anybody else then. And now with the baby conversation I'm thinking Maggie isn't sticking around much longer since that's the usual signal to amicably break up a couple on tv.
    They make it to the wedding but thats all we know so far, with her not making series regular she could die or ends leaving Alex or some other crap.

The whole Reign thing feels like a Supergirl version of Smallville S8.

Oh, something I forgot to bitch about: the son wanting his dad to be a superhero was the dumbest part of Unbreakable, why would you steal that for Reign?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Oh, something I forgot to bitch about: the son wanting his dad to be a superhero was the dumbest part of Unbreakable, why would you steal that for Reign?
    Probably same reason why Reign is just Davis Bloome from Smallville and instead of Chloe it will be her daughter who in the end "saves" her so they can do what they can do either banish or separate the monster from the human. Also with Alex having a moment with the daughter in both episodes they could be building up for Alex to have custody at some point. Alex wanting kids and those 2 scenes...wouldn't be surprised. Wonder if Kara is going to get jealous when Lena/Reign start becoming friends.

Last nights episode was interesting, something tells me that the staff will be brought up again later this season. Maybe a weapon to use against Reign.

Was thinking, wonder if Kara will bring Barry to the Alien bar during the x-over. I'm sure the Alien booze will get him drunk, i can see Sara going off to flirt with an Alien girl, and Oliver drinking with Kara and Barry or beating both Alex and Maggie at pool.

EDIT:Anyone else think its time for Supergirl to get a costume update, because we are on S3 and by then both Flash and Arrow had changes to theirs.
    Last edited by Gemini Soul; 2017-10-24 at 08:38 PM.

Did I miss something or did Kara straight up murder like 5 white martians with no remorse? I know they're aliens, but so is she.

Did I miss something or did Kara straight up murder like 5 white martians with no remorse? I know they're aliens, but so is she.
    No no, they’re just sleeping
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

If they don't have a Name, they don't count. Mooks die all the time, they're like Meeseeks, their life is pain, death is a sweet release.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    If they don't have a Name, they don't count. Mooks die all the time, they're like Meeseeks, their life is pain, death is a sweet release.
    Ha, reminds me of the first season of Arrow when Oliver killed like 50 people and nobody batted an eye other than to say stuff like "maybe don't murder a bunch of people from now on, ok?".

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ha, reminds me of the first season of Arrow when Oliver killed like 50 people and nobody batted an eye other than to say stuff like "maybe don't murder a bunch of people from now on, ok?".
    You serious? There was tons of controversy on the show over Oliver's murder through the seasons. I recall even what...last season?...there was a whole thing about how his murders were a problem.

Really now it's just a matter of the people close to him accepting that he did what he did based on what he went through and he's done a lot of good to try and make up for it. The police haven't accepted it either, they just don't know how identity and realized that he saves people including them so they tend to chase the actual bad guys instead of him. That is until they think they have a reason to chase him instead.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    You serious? There was tons of controversy on the show over Oliver's murder through the seasons. I recall even what...last season?...there was a whole thing about how his murders were a problem.
    I think it was season 4 when he said he wouldn't kill? Maybe season3. So yeah, he stopped murdering Named Villains. Filled the mooks up with arrows, maybe they were Sleep Arrows? SO yeah, lets not kill Merlyn or Dark, but all their underlings, ventilate them!

Same way Dig shot how many people?

Hell, most of the folks Supergirl knocks out would probably die from the hit, lets not worry about the injuries sustained by an alien punching you hard to enough to make you fly into a car or wall...

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I think it was season 4 when he said he wouldn't kill? Maybe season3. So yeah, he stopped murdering Named Villains. Filled the mooks up with arrows, maybe they were Sleep Arrows? SO yeah, lets not kill Merlyn or Dark, but all their underlings, ventilate them!

Same way Dig shot how many people?

Hell, most of the folks Supergirl knocks out would probably die from the hit, lets not worry about the injuries sustained by an alien punching you hard to enough to make you fly into a car or wall...
    He's not killing those guys. They're supposedly tiny arrows (I think this was even brought up once on the show when his armory was revamped but I can't remember) he's putting them down with and shot into non lethal areas of the body. Supposedly Dig also isn't killing anyone. Small caliber maybe? This is the part that gets weird because realistically you can't rely on these things to take people down without killing them but for the sake of the show this is what it's supposed to be.

He stated he wouldn't kill after Season 1 though he has gone off the rails on a few occasions and went back to his old ways which is usually plot points. The one that definitely got me though was when he was kidnapped as Mayor and killed a few of the henchmen including snapping the one dudes neck so they wouldn't tell his secret. That one kind of came out of nowhere and was never really talked about that I remember.

I suppose one could argue Supergirl pulls punches to stop from actually killing anybody for the sake of the "no killing" thing but I think we can real about it in saying it's not always going to be the case realistically.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Well maybe my memory is wrong. I remember people complaining about the show having him murder indiscriminately and then they wrote it into the show after that. Like the first 10 episodes of a show are written and shot before they get real feedback and it's later in Season 1 you can tell the writers realized maybe Arrow shouldn't be murdering every henchman he comes across. So yeah eventually it became a plot point but only after people complained about it.

But back to Supergirl: I guess she's never had the no-kill thing as part of her character like Superman and Batman, but it still seemed a bit out of character for her to be joking around after killing several sentient aliens.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well maybe my memory is wrong. I remember people complaining about the show having him murder indiscriminately and then they wrote it into the show after that. Like the first 10 episodes of a show are written and shot before they get real feedback and it's later in Season 1 you can tell the writers realized maybe Arrow shouldn't be murdering every henchman he comes across. So yeah eventually it became a plot point but only after people complained about it.

But back to Supergirl: I guess she's never had the no-kill thing as part of her character like Superman and Batman, but it still seemed a bit out of character for her to be joking around after killing several sentient aliens.
    The "Hood" murdering people has been a problem since the beginning, and as people in his life would found out they would call him a murderer. It was probably the most annoying thing to watch honestly. Also, I doubt they intended on him to always be a murderer considering the Green Arrow doesn't kill people. He murdered people religiously all the way up until Tommy died which was the main was crying about the murdering. I suppose it's possible that they wrote in the change of heart at that moment for people complaining though.

I agree though it was weird to see those aliens get disintegrated like it was nothing. Maybe they didn't know how to handle it (since the rebels would've just killed them anyways) so maybe they tried to do it in a not so murdery way by making them vanish in thin air hoping no one would say anything. Honestly I didn't even think twice about it though. If they're not making a huge deal in the show itself about murdering and not murdering then I'm not going to complain just about someone got killed.

He's not killing those guys. They're supposedly tiny arrows (I think this was even brought up once on the show when his armory was revamped but I can't remember) he's putting them down with and shot into non lethal areas of the body.
    You cant' really knock someone out with an arrow. Not sure about "tiny arrows". They never addressed it on the show, afaik, but maybe made some oddball statement outside of the show. If you shoot someone in a "non lethal" area, they would be off to the side, screaming in pain.

I suppose one could argue Supergirl pulls punches to stop from actually killing anybody for the sake of the "no killing" thing but I think we can real about it in saying it's not always going to be the case realistically.
    Like the staff, you can't really focus on it vaporizing shape changing CGI martians, otherwise you have to ask how she even managed to use it!

10+ Year Old Account
    This guy sums up my feelings for this show. In my opinion, Superman shouldn't be in the show at all if this is how he's going to be depicted. It would also have been better for the show to just keep him off screen. As for Supergirl, I wonder when these sort of "little princess complex" female characters are finally going to be out-of-vogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    This guy sums up my feelings for this show. In my opinion, Superman shouldn't be in the show at all if this is how he's going to be depicted. It would also have been better for the show to just keep him off screen. As for Supergirl, I wonder when these sort of "little princess complex" female characters are finally going to be out-of-vogue.

A 20 min video...yeah not many want to listen to someone QQ for 20 mins.

So whats your beef with how hes depicted?

So i have a serious question, does she actually have Superspeed in this show or is she just a dumb blonde who doesn't use it? Because there are sooo many times where if she actually used her speed it would of solved half her problems.