Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    What I want to know is what the heck they are doing when they release an entire patch with nothing but music boxes and selfie-cams in it.
    It was a minor [patch, they said it was a minor patch, everyone datamined it was a minor patch, but when it came out, everyone acted like they were supposed to get 17 new dungeons and a raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    It was a minor [patch, they said it was a minor patch, everyone datamined it was a minor patch, but when it came out, everyone acted like they were supposed to get 17 new dungeons and a raid.
    Well I guess that makes sense. Putting out a minor patch in a minor xpac.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    No, they didn't. Hyperbole much?

The issue is, that since the release of the game, it's going to be until 6.2 drops that any meaningful content is added to the game. That's 8 months with no real update to the content, story, or anything else, other than bug fixes and a Selfie camera. That's not the usual with this game, and it's funny because I just read an article from right around when SoO came out that they'd grown the dv team by 40%, were planning on adding 40% more, and their goal was monthly content patches and 3-4 month raid releases.

What people wanted from 6.1 was something new to do. And they didn't get it, and were upset about it. But I guess it's fun to post fairy stories...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by L3fty View Post
    I've given up crafting. I'm not sure how the other profs are doing with their 640 crafts but as engineer it sucks. Craft a gun with bad stats, doesn't sell. Craft a helm, spend spring parts upgrading to 655 doesn't sell. Basically the only hope you have is to catch a rich alt scanning the AH in hope of getting the ilvl to enter LFR.

I'm sitting on at least 1.5k gearspring parts. For me, it's not the case that it's now costly or even time consuming. It's just pointless, which is a much worse situation.
    Engineering is in a really bad place this xpac. I've been watching the patch notes hoping they add new pets/mount for engineers, as they did for MoP, but so far... bupkis. I, too, am sitting on a boatload of useless gearsprings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    What do you mean "suddenly"? This has always been the case. There is only a limited amount of work that can be done in a certain timeframe, so something has to give.

Time and capable workers are always limited resources.
    Current Blizz has far greater access to revenue and sub fees. They have a bigger team. They're part of a larger gaming-focused public company. The only reason that content is "harder" or "more expensive" to produce now is that they're syphoning WoW player's financial contributions elsewhere in the company.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

It's kinda weird... In WotLK I found the tournament dailies too fucking boring to do, and in WoD Im doing them, cause it beats most of the content now. The grind for the mounts in tournament dailies is a lot more fun, than the freaking Shaohao-like repgrind of WoD.
    Besides raiding.... Why am I spending all my time in earlier content?

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    If you can find a company that does faster content patches, faster expansions and more content for both of those, I'd love to check them out.
    The dev team that made Wrath. There were only 37 people on the dev team at that time, and 51 artists.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/bli.../1100-6228615/

Quote Originally Posted by Tomservo View Post
    ITT people who think they know exactly how a company works based on zero factual information to how the company actually works.
    I have no clue how Blizzard works or how video games are made. What I do know is Blizzard used very definite words at the 2013 Blizzcon when discussing what players should expect in WoD. Now I could understand overestimating their ability to produce what they talked about and a few things being cut. But when almost every month following Blizzcon something new was cut or watered down because they just didn't have the time or resources when they also touted having doubled their team from MoP; I'm left scratching my head.

So either one of two things happened here. Either Blizzard actually thought they could accomplish all the things they discussed at the 2013 Blizzcon and were seriously that incompetent at evaluating their own ability to see through with what they said. Or Blizzcon was one gigantic sales pitch to keep players excited over a one year content drought even though they knew they couldn't actually deliver what they were saying.

My issue here is Blizzard mislead players at that Blizzcon. There is too big a gap between what was discussed at that Blizzcon and what was delivered for me to believe it was an honest miscalculation on Blizzard's behalf of what they could do.
    Last edited by Skarzog; 2015-05-23 at 05:58 AM.