Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    0 info

I guess we have to wait longer.
    Welp, at least we know it will happen. Gen 8 gotta be good. It needs to be. I am looking forward for a good Pokemon game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Been playing Go a bit lately, looking to add some friends for one of the quests.

0814 0583 2390

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    ♂, ♂ and ♂.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    ♂, ♂ and ♂.
    Still cute!

10+ Year Old Account

And they already ruined the movie by saying france......
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Kalos

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh maaan, just got to Necrozma in Ultra Space on US, and it wiped my whole team, with one hit each.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

10+ Year Old Account
    P Ep 109. Pretty lame how they will add a pokemon you cant even get in this game into next ep.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    P Ep 109. Pretty lame how they will add a pokemon you cant even get in this game into next ep.
    they literally always do this.

ho-oh in episode 1 and togepi
    kecleon and blaziken in gen 2
    mime jr, munchlax, bonsly, lucario and weavile, electivire in gen 3
    i stopped watching the anime regularly after battle frontier so im not sure what all showed up in gen 4 but we had the zoroark movie and we had the zygarde forms in the x and y anime before they were obtainable in sumo

they always show off future pokemon early in the anime or movies because its free press and generates hype.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    they literally always do this.

ho-oh in episode 1 and togepi
    kecleon and blaziken in gen 2
    mime jr, munchlax, bonsly, lucario and weavile, electivire in gen 3
    i stopped watching the anime regularly after battle frontier so im not sure what all showed up in gen 4 but we had the zoroark movie and we had the zygarde forms in the x and y anime before they were obtainable in sumo

they always show off future pokemon early in the anime or movies because its free press and generates hype.
    In this case we got this tho:
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/w...(Pok%C3%A9mon)
    From a mobile phone game...not legendary mind you.

Those Pokemon plan is so cute tho wow. Where can i get them??

Ladies and Gentlemen start your hype thrusters.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

10+ Year Old Account
    On the outside, I am extremely tired. But I can give you a 100% satisfaction guarantee or you're money back, that I am internally screaming.

I finish work 5 hrs before the direct, and I have the next day off. So unironically woop-de-doo!

- - - Updated - - -

I've been on /vp/, and the groudons are in damage control, it's great.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Might want to make that bold and big.

I am very anxious about what is coming for Pokemon. After the fiasco of Let's go, my critic senses are tingling. I really hope we get something at least acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Romeothecat View Post
    Ladies and Gentlemen start your hype thrusters.
    In reality, I really wanna be excited. Especially since Eevee seems to be getting more love so for sure, more eeveelutions! However, the number of times they have told us "big news" or "news that changes everything" just for it to be something totally lame is too high. I will wait to fan girl squeal until I see the news isn't another false hype. Though this time, they did email me.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

on other poke news:

The models are inconsistent.

Some of the models look amazingly tactile and real, I feel like you could reach out and pet Pikachu, brush my hand through Ludicolo's fur, or lean against Golurk's styrofoam body. Yes, they don't look like real creatures, but they have narm charm and look real. They have weight. It's immersive.

And then some Pokemon like Charizard, Aipom, and Greninja looks like cheap, plasticy, weightless CGI models superimposed on the film.

Initially, I was afraid that a live action Pokemon film would be just as shitty as it sounded, but seeing that half of the models so far look fantastic, I'm excited by the prospect of seeing how my favorite Pokemon like Steelix, Altaria, Honchkrow, Drapion, Bisharp are juxtaposed with live action. Still would've preferred a traditional Pokemon story following a trainer, a researcher, a Pokemon ranger, or a villainous team, etc, rather than an adaptation of a gimmicky spinoff that's "DS detective game but with Pokemon".

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    The models are inconsistent.

Some of the models look amazingly tactile and real, I feel like you could reach out and pet Pikachu, brush my hand through Ludicolo's fur, or lean against Golurk's styrofoam body. Yes, they don't look like real creatures, but they have narm charm and look real. They have weight. It's immersive.

And then some Pokemon like Charizard, Aipom, and Greninja looks like cheap, plasticy, weightless CGI models superimposed on the film.

Initially, I was afraid that a live action Pokemon film would be just as shitty as it sounded, but seeing that half of the models so far look fantastic, I'm excited by the prospect of seeing how my favorite Pokemon like Steelix, Altaria, Honchkrow, Drapion, Bisharp are juxtaposed with live action. Still would've preferred a traditional Pokemon story following a trainer, a researcher, a Pokemon ranger, or a villainous team, etc, rather than an adaptation of a gimmicky spinoff that's "DS detective game but with Pokemon".
    For the franchise's first live action outing, Detective Pikachu was safer bet. It has the detective story/buddy cop feel to it that the general audience is familiar with. More traditional Pokemon story seen in games and anime would have been harder to sell as a 2 hour movie.