Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Caught a shiny while trying to get a quick claw today. was sooo close to running away before I saw it had the wrong color.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...128_163037.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    what do you guys think will be the next pokemon game?

over the next couple years its likely we will get

gen 4 remakes
    D&P remakes need to be up to Platinum's standard or better. I doubt they actually will. ORAS were good games, incorporating many great advancements such as Dexnav, Mega-Evolutions, Soaring, etc, but also took several steps back with the lack of a Battle Frontier, the poor pacing and cutscene presentation, and so on. I'm surprised that they didn't base the gen 3 remake off of Emerald, which was the definitive version of gen 3. Likewise, I'm fearful that the gen 4 remakes will be based off of Diamond and Pearl rather than Platinum. Vanilla DP has some pretty bad game design and pacing which Platinum salvaged.

gen 2 reremakes
    My secret wish is for a gen 4 remake to not only include Sinnoh, but also Kanto and Johto. They go hand in hand together given how tightly connected their lore is.

ultra s/s
    Given how XY didn't receive a desperately needed second edition and how utterly lazy GameFreak has gotten, I think there is a 50/50 chance of getting a second edition of SwSh. They'd have to actually add more legendaries, given how the only legendaries in SwSh were the two box legendaries and Eternatus. Also a good chance of the second edition game actually making the game worse, as in USUM's case.

gen 9
    Not for at least another two years.

I was doubtful that we would ever get a good BW remake, given how GameFreak had consistently treated gen 5 as a black sheep for the past 6 years. Gen 5 got ONE SINGLE Mega Evolution while every other generation (except gen 6, RIP) got several evos. Then again, SwSh introduced five Galar formes for Galar Pokemon (Stunfisk, Darmantian line, and Yamask), which has raised my hopes. Mega-evolution would fit in wonderfully with the BW story and would be an opportunity for Gamefreak to backfill in new Gen 5 mega evolutions. Mega Musharna? Excadrill? Seismitoad? Leavanny? Darmanitan? Crustle Sigilyph? Cofagrigus? Reuniclus?

we havent had a ranger game since gen 4
    Nintendo killed it. Ofcourse, they blame us for not being interested in shitty sequels.

no mystery dungeon in forever
    Nintendo killed that too. Ofcourse, they blamed us for not liking Gates to Infinity.

lately weve gotten a lot less spin offs then every other generation.
    A crying shame. Remember Hey You Pikachu!? Remember Pokemon Snap? Pokemon Stadium? Colosseum?

It seems that around when Battle Revolution came out, Nintendo stopped putting as much effort into their spin off games. Notice how shortly after, we got Ranger Guardian Signs and PMD: Gates to Infinity, low effort sequels that lead to declining sales and the shuttering of spinoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    Regarding spin-offs; well there was a mystery dungeon back in XY gen. Quite a fun game... but it didn't necessarily bring much new to the table.
    You mean Gates to Infinity during Gen 5? I don't recall any PMD game after that.

EDIT: Just Googled. Oh man, I never even knew this one existed. Did they even advertise it?

whatever we get probably wont be anywhere near as good as hgss and probably be bare bones unless they suddenly improve
    At this point, the chance that the remake will actually be a net improvement is nill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    Caught a shiny while trying to get a quick claw today. was sooo close to running away before I saw it had the wrong color.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...128_163037.jpg
    I have yet to see one and i am on 381/400.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    I'm of a personal opinion that replacing old is a healthy thing, and in this case, I am thoroughly happy that not only did they boot the megas, they also now allow the older mons to 'retire' to a degree.

The nostalgia-factor will make the game unwieldy to newcomers.
    Sort of like how Age of Sigmar replaced Warhammer Fantasy.( which both reignited the franchise, and boosted sales massively)
    What are you even saying? If that's the case, then all gen 1 pokemon should be deleted. For ever. Along with gen 2. And gen 3. And gen 4. Only the last 400 mons (as in the last 4 generations) should be in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I was doubtful that we would ever get a good BW remake, given how GameFreak had consistently treated gen 5 as a black sheep for the past 6 years. Gen 5 got ONE SINGLE Mega Evolution while every other generation (except gen 6, RIP) got several evos. Then again, SwSh introduced five Galar formes for Galar Pokemon (Stunfisk, Darmantian line, and Yamask), which has raised my hopes. Mega-evolution would fit in wonderfully with the BW story and would be an opportunity for Gamefreak to backfill in new Gen 5 mega evolutions. Mega Musharna? Excadrill? Seismitoad? Leavanny? Darmanitan? Crustle Sigilyph? Cofagrigus? Reuniclus?
    Then you should be happy with SwSh. There are more Gen 5 pokemon in the game than any other generation (including gen8 pokemon). And if the datamining of all the legendaries is true, there will be even more (every gen 5 legendarey and mythic except genies was in the datamining).

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Given how XY didn't receive a desperately needed second edition and how utterly lazy GameFreak has gotten, I think there is a 50/50 chance of getting a second edition of SwSh. They'd have to actually add more legendaries, given how the only legendaries in SwSh were the two box legendaries and Eternatus. Also a good chance of the second edition game actually making the game worse, as in USUM's case.
    I don't think they can afford going a year without a release.
    A 2nd version of SwSh is the most likely scenario, tbh.

Which new legendary did they release in USUM?
    Zeraora and 3 additional forms for Necrozma,... well that couldn't have taken them much effort.

With SwSh they have an extra excuse to be lazy. They can just re-release it, but with 600 pokemon and a tid-bit of story about some evil team coming out of nowhere to rescue Rose from prison and re-try his plan. Not much effort needed.

As for USUM; the only bit actually worse than SM was an additional bit of story. Outside of that the game is an improvement over the older one; now if they just managed to throw in random trainer re-battles when they were at it...

If there is gen 4 remakes, they will take the worse iteration of it (vanilla diamond and pearl) and throw all the negatives os SwSh on it without any of the positives from Platinum.

at 378 now for my living dex, i need to get some shield exclusives still and i have been putting off doing farfetch'd because its evo seems annoying. still loving the game. at like 65 hours. started getting a few teams ready for online play too. ev training, maxing ivs, my buddy scored a perfect ditto, so that is gonna be super helpful lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    I don't think they can afford going a year without a release.
    A 2nd version of SwSh is the most likely scenario, tbh.

Which new legendary did they release in USUM?
    Zeraora and 3 additional forms for Necrozma,... well that couldn't have taken them much effort.

With SwSh they have an extra excuse to be lazy. They can just re-release it, but with 600 pokemon and a tid-bit of story about some evil team coming out of nowhere to rescue Rose from prison and re-try his plan. Not much effort needed.

As for USUM; the only bit actually worse than SM was an additional bit of story. Outside of that the game is an improvement over the older one; now if they just managed to throw in random trainer re-battles when they were at it...
    Dawnwings and Duskmane Necrozma, Ultra Necrozma (which is only during combat), Zeraora, Stakataka, Blacephalon, Poipole, Naganadel, Dusk Form Lycanroc were added into USUM. Dawnwings and Duskmane took little effort (taking solgaleo and slapping on parts of necrozma).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    at 378 now for my living dex, i need to get some shield exclusives still and i have been putting off doing farfetch'd because its evo seems annoying. still loving the game. at like 65 hours. started getting a few teams ready for online play too. ev training, maxing ivs, my buddy scored a perfect ditto, so that is gonna be super helpful lol
    Its ez. Battle wilds with steal and get the leek and its a guaranteed evo for that battle as long as its not too low level and make it resist rank 1 fury cutters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    Let me know when you have time to trade. I have to do some trade evolutions myself (and i can save you time not having to get them by just trading them over in and back).

https://www.serebii.net/swordshield/galarpokedex.shtml

Here is my missing list:
    Seedot 039
    Nuzleaf 040
    Shiftry 041 (i need one spare of those -- no1 is wondertrading those)
    Flapple 206 (we can trade appletun and back to finish dex)
    Slurpuff 211 (i have items to evolve it...just a back trade)
    Aromatisse 213 (same as slur)
    Scraggy 224
    Scrafty 225 (havent seen one yet on wondertrade and all of online matches for thise one are broken)
    Rhyperior 266 (i have item to evolve it - just trade in and back)
    Karrablast 273 (need one badly)
    Escavalier 274 (you will probaly have to get one as karra, so we can evolve we with shelmet)
    Accelgor 276 (trade the shelmet for kara and back)
    Trevenant 339 (just need to trade phantump and back)
    Turtonator 347 (lacking this one)
    Solrock 363 (yeah....version exclusive trash)
    Stonjourner 369 (version exclusive, i can get you the penguin thing)
    Zacian 398 (we pretty much just trade version legendarys in and back)

10+ Year Old Account

So, any news on the autosave glitch that happened? Haven't been able to track down if its been fixed or even acknowledged yet. On another note, this gen is the first that has really made me be like, what?, for some of its pokemon designs as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    So, any news on the autosave glitch that happened? Haven't been able to track down if its been fixed or even acknowledged yet. On another note, this gen is the first that has really made me be like, what?, for some of its pokemon designs as well.
    I havent seen any patch update yet....so probaly not fixed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    I havent seen any patch update yet....so probaly not fixed yet.
    That's pretty concerning since that means anyone who has the eshop version may end up with a messed up sd card.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    That's pretty concerning since that means anyone who has the eshop version may end up with a messed up sd card.
    Yeah, i just doublechecked and its still ver. 1.0.0

Can they make another Pokémon Conquest? That game was awesome, along with the music

Either with Samurai Warriors or Dynasty Warriors

Never thought I'd see the day when Corsola and Pelipper were considered OU.