Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    Kabaneri was intense this week.
    There was a lot of blood and screaming, that's for sure.

Kabaneri was intense this week.
    I wasn't expecting the jinchuuriki lazer beams

15+ Year Old Account
    Okay some thoughts on Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood after watching some episodes.

Good: Characters are great, I like the 'magical' system of Alchemy they use it is very sciency(can't create something out of nothing), love the voice actors, it has a good amount of intrigue and action

Bad: Some things are very cliche that I can see a mile ahead, the ultimate things are kinda generic and have corny names(you can think of something better than just slapping ultimate on it), some times the show moves too fast and does not really give a scene as to why

Im liking it so far.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Watched the Warcraft movie tonight. I guess the average WoW player that doesn't know much lore would probably like it a lot. The average moviegoer with no familiarity with the franchise would probably like it a bit too. If you know anything about the lolore, you would probably hate it.

I wasn't completely disappointed by it, but the writing was pretty bad. I don't feel like I wasted my money though, and it was certainly better than I expected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    Watched the Warcraft movie tonight. I guess the average WoW player that doesn't know much lore would probably like it a lot. The average moviegoer with no familiarity with the franchise would probably like it a bit too. If you know anything about the lolore, you would probably hate it.

I wasn't completely disappointed by it, but the writing was pretty bad. I don't feel like I wasted my money though, and it was certainly better than I expected.
    They pretty much Michael Bay'd the lore in recent years. Just explosions and ass shots.

@apepi the first season of Brotherhood feels fast because it basically goes through the first thirty episodes of the original FMA anime in 10 so Brotherhood can get to the new stuff (the manga chapters that came out after the first adaptation caught up) as quickly as possible. If you want more FMA before the plot and tone turned dark, watch the first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post

I just got back from it too, but I enjoyed it. Coming from someone who owns essentially all the books, and used to spend his free time reading Wowwiki/Wowpedia articles and connecting everything together. It could be that it's been a couple years since I last got into WoW lore in depth, but I thought the movie was fine, and my favorite WoW book is The Last Guardian.

Most of the liberties they took felt okay, and my only really big complaint was Khadgar didn't age. I was even fine with changes such as Dalaran floating.

I'd have to re-read The Last Guardian (which is the closest this movie could be considered an adaption from) to really know all the stuff that was changed, but overall I think it was fine.

The movie itself I thought was fairly well put together. I think it was a worthy adaption. A couple things could have definitely been done better, and the first couple of minutes felt a bit off, but the latter half the movie sucked me in.

With how well it's doing in the box office, I definitely think we will be seeing a sequel.

I really don't think it deserves the shit that the critics are giving it. So many terrible movies, far worse than this, get much higher ratings.

One thing I kinda wish we saw that they didn't put in would be a young Arthas. Even if they kinda forced it, having him playing with Varian in Stormwind would have been awesome.
    Last edited by Zatheyll; 2016-06-10 at 04:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Okay some thoughts on Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood after watching some episodes.
    The moving too fast part is a result of how FMA: B is recovering content from the original FMA. So they don't give it nearly as much time as it should, because they practically assume you saw the first series.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    AssClass 22 - It was exciting seeing them take over the army like that in the first half, but I kinda wish we had a bit more of that. The second half was meh. Kinda cliche having the ending be battling that thing. Was hoping for something more exciting. Three more episodes though, so it could change and we could have a good ending.
    It's the other way around for me then again they changed the first half compared to the manga counterpart.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    god damnit i wasn't ready for this

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Things I hate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shokugeki 170 - nooo wrong ship

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    Sorry, it is the correct ship.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Second quote in my post is the guy who is right

DE - The arrogant young master got out young mastered.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Anyway, it was a good movie, I enjoyed it. I still think Gul'dan was the best part of it, for me.
    Best part was the Murloc <3

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Second quote in my post is the guy who is right
    Shokugeki Megumin best ship.