Quote Originally Posted by crimson View Post
    Erased has a few surprisingly strong emotional moments, which I initially didn't expect when I started reading the manga. Also, the letter at the ending of Boku Machi gaiden manga ch1, that left me so teary eyed.

Nothing wrong with man tears or being able to show emotions at all.

Hemo, when are you going to start telling us how shit our taste from this season was?
    Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    When are you watching the konosuba ova? you will probably love it.

- - - Updated - - -

oh yeah, I read the first two chapters. it's fucking retarded.
    I'll probably download and start watching both sometime this week or next weekend.

Deleted
    About the people saying Subaru is a shit, he's a shit, but the story needs him to be exactly like that.
    Does the story REALLY need an MC so terrible he makes it hard to watch his scenes? ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Does the story REALLY need an MC so terrible he makes it hard to watch his scenes? ~~
    That's my same thought on it. I understand needing characters that are unlikeable sometimes, but damn just about every single time that twat was on screen I had to force myself to pay attention. I'm not going to force myself to sit through something like that if there's no payoff that makes it worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    The way I see it, the premise of this show consists out of two things. Cute guys and Subaru suffering.

The first one is easy. However how do you achieve the second? There still has to be a reason for all the suffering, and in here it's mainly him doing pretty retarded stuff, but can you really blame him for this at this point in the story? By now he has already died 6-7 times, and he has not a single soul that he can talk to about it. If stuff like that keeps happening, you will desperately try to grasp to every straw you can in order to maintain your sanity, but it's pretty obvious what's going to happen once it all starts falling apart. Things will keep escalating, and you can't really expect any more rational actions from him anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    It's worse in the anime than it is in the WN/LN. He does kinda need to be that way, though. When reading it, you're meant to feel uncomfortable. Watching it has the added voice acting and so on which, personally, I think pushes that feeling further than it is intended to go, really.
    Started reading the translated parts of the WN as well, and have to agree with it coming across more strongly with both audio and visuals instead of it being in a written form

Next few episode's titles:
    Episode 14: A Disease Known as Despair
    Episode 15: The Outside of Madness
    Episode 16: Pig's Desire
    Episode 17: The End of Shame
    That looks promising.

Pretty sure that link is broken, there is no Emilia in there.

Deleted
    The way I see it, the premise of this show consists out of two things. Cute guys and Subaru suffering.

The first one is easy. However how do you achieve the second? There still has to be a reason for all the suffering, and in here it's mainly him doing pretty retarded stuff, but can you really blame him for this at this point in the story? By now he has already died 6-7 times, and he has not a single soul that he can talk to about it. If stuff like that keeps happening, you will desperately try to grasp to every straw you can in order to maintain your sanity, but it's pretty obvious what's going to happen once it all starts falling apart. Things will keep escalating, and you can't really expect any more rational actions from him anymore.
    Thing is, you can show a character falling into despair and insanity without making him a completely unrealistically retarded moron. He can, even should in this case, act in unreasonable and unlikable ways - but the writer should be able to achieve it without making the viewers facepalm every time the MC shows on the screen. Maybe the last two episodes achieved it a bit, I wouldn't know yet - but seeing what the first eleven managed I'll refrain from optimism.
    Last edited by mmocab3a46fee3; 2016-06-26 at 07:28 PM.

15+ Year Old Account

re:zero: Subaru got what he deserved.

10+ Year Old Account
    I fear for you. What, with that somewhat terrible taste and all.
    Re:zero spoilers from this episode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    I don't get all the hate for Subaru. Yeah, he's annoying at times, but I've seen worse. Inaho.
    Yeah I haven't seen this week's episode, but I feel he got slightly better after the first episode(s)...
    [CENTER]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    I don't get all the hate for Subaru. Yeah, he's annoying at times, but I've seen worse. Inaho.
    pls. eggs was better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal Panda View Post
    Yeah I haven't seen this week's episode, but I feel he got slightly better after the first episode(s)...
    ahahahahaahahahahahahah

10+ Year Old Account
    way too much $ for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    way too much $ for that.
    Please, name another game where you can get kidnapped by a russian guy when browsing the web for that little money?

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/tFqSRtUm.jpg[IMG]
    I escaped !!!

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    I escaped !!!

Two things:

Summer anime season looks god awful save a couple ones.

13,000+ Steam games on sale and they all look fucking awful.

I think I'm just getting old.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/9WLDMM2.gif[/MG]

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Good. Now get HotD back from the fucking hiatus.