Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal Panda View Post
    Man another episode of translation transposition - jitsuryoku #3 - 100,000 points sure is different from 10,000 points....Thank god the credits show each character's current points or I wouldn't notice both dropped by 50k each...
    I have no idea how the translation managed to fuck it up considering she said 100k multiple times.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    So general question about discord, seeing as I'm likely going to want to get it within a year for my game - What type of instant messaging does it use? IE does it save chat for a day or so, or do I just end up jumping into whatever conversation is going on w/o any context?
    [CENTER]

So general question about discord, seeing as I'm likely going to want to get it within a year for my game - What type of instant messaging does it use? IE does it save chat for a day or so, or do I just end up jumping into whatever conversation is going on w/o any context?
    It's a continuous flow of text. You can create different channels so you have an idea as to what is possibly being discussed, but you're hopping in blind really. Discord lets you know how many messages you've missed since you checked a chat too. I forget the intervals but it's like 20, 50, 100, 200, 400+? Maybe someone else can chime in. It's not that intimidating lol, just download it and try it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schirmy View Post
    It's a continuous flow of text. You can create different channels so you have an idea as to what is possibly being discussed, but you're hopping in blind really. Discord lets you know how many messages you've missed since you checked a chat too. I forget the intervals but it's like 20, 50, 100, 200, 400+? Maybe someone else can chime in. It's not that intimidating lol, just download it and try it out.
    Ah okay. The reason I'm still holding back is because a few years ago the OLD thread used IRC and I hated how that one was just jump in lost...Am I miss-reading in that it sounds like the same thing? Or does it save the chat so I can go to some previous messages?
    [CENTER]

Ah okay. The reason I'm still holding back is because a few years ago the OLD thread used IRC and I hated how that one was just jump in lost...Am I miss-reading in that it sounds like the same thing? Or does it save the chat so I can go to some previous messages?
    It saves the chat. From the second you join a server and a channel, you can scroll through all of the messages ever sent after that. Example, you join a server and 30 days later you wanted to read something from 2 weeks ago, you can. There is a search function also so you can look through old conversations for specific phrases or words. If you're specifically inquiring about a common scenario like coming home from work or something and not understanding what people are talking about, yes you can scroll up and read previous messages to get a gist of the topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Discord is shitposting.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Millhi View Post
    Discord is shitposting.
    So is this thread though?:P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schirmy View Post
    It saves the chat. From the second you join a server and a channel, you can scroll through all of the messages ever sent after that. Example, you join a server and 30 days later you wanted to read something from 2 weeks ago, you can. There is a search function also so you can look through old conversations for specific phrases or words. If you're specifically inquiring about a common scenario like coming home from work or something and not understanding what people are talking about, yes you can scroll up and read previous messages to get a gist of the topic.
    Okay sounds fine to me...guess I'll get on it soon
    [CENTER]

10+ Year Old Account
    So is this thread though?:P

- - - Updated - - -

Okay sounds fine to me...guess I'll get on it soon
    It's even worse.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Discord has done a great job of filtering the shit out of this thread actually.

15+ Year Old Account
    Kimi no Na wa - Finally watched this. Not sure what to there is to say besides that I liked it a lot. Obviously had a lot of expectations going in, and I can't say I was disappointed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post

I don't remember ever hearing about a thread IRC though, unless I misunderstood and you weren't talking about this thread.
    It was probably back in 2011ish that we had an IRC, back when it first moved to chat zone
    [CENTER]

This Wonfes is going to kill my wallet, too many figs I'm throwing onto my wish list now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything's aired? shit taste inbound

Amazing 10/10
    New Game!!
    Made in Abyss

Great
    Princess Principal

Good
    Teekyuu S9
    Hina Logi: From Luck & Logic

Fine
    Knight's & Magic

Meh
    Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e
    Isekai Shokudou

Dropped
    Aho Girl
    Battle Girl High School
    Centaur no Nayami
    Fate/Apocrypha
    Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni.
    Kakegurui
    Keppeki Danshi! Aoyama-kun
    Konbini Kareshi
    Tsurezure Children
    Youkai Apartment no Yuuga na Nichijou

10+ Year Old Account
    It was probably back in 2011ish that we had an IRC, back when it first moved to chat zone
    Chat Zone was created beginning of 2013 (as I'm all too aware of, being a part of it all). I never heard of an IRC happening before i joined in '12, but I guess it could have happened. Though with a pace of 1-2 pages a week, I'd have been surprised. You sure you're not talking about the Steam group that was started a couple of years ago? That uses IRC-esque chat.

Also very important. Where can I find a 4k BD version of Kimi no Na wa. For science. Just bought a 4k monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Chat Zone was created beginning of 2013 (as I'm all too aware of, being a part of it all). I never heard of an IRC happening before i joined in '12, but I guess it could have happened. Though with a pace of 1-2 pages a week, I'd have been surprised. You sure you're not talking about the Steam group that was started a couple of years ago? That uses IRC-esque chat.
    Also very important. Where can I find a 4k BD version of Kimi no Na wa. For science. Just bought a 4k monitor.
    pretty sure there was an irc channel. there are stretches where the thread went though 10 pages in 1-2 days. there are gems like this too.

not sure what the difference is between these two:
    1) https://www.amazon.co.jp/%E5%90%9B%E...s=your+name+4k
    2) https://www.amazon.co.jp/Amazon-co-j...s=your+name+4k

comes with english subs. 4k torrent probably wouldn't be worth it

playing ff15 >fucking natsu talking all the time. >open world that's 90% empty >put car on autopilot and do other shit for 10 minutes
    Last edited by bals; 2017-07-30 at 04:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    4k torrent probably wouldn't be worth it
    rip. All I care about.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    rip. All I care about.
    also apparently no tools can crack the (4k) drm right now so you're sol anyways

Yeah as far as I know 4K DRM hasn't been broken.

15+ Year Old Account

Sherlock Holmes, pretty cool

also, thank you based gacha gods