10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xinkir View Post
    Stopped watching One Piece after Flamingo, worth jumping back into?
    I gave up on the anime ages ago, but the manga is as fun as ever. It seems to be finally nearing the end of the current arc and while it has been an interesting one, it has also been super damn long. it's been 85+ chapters and over two years since the start. The anime and manga are both in the same arc (the one that followed the Dressrosa/Doflamingo arc) with the anime about 30 chapters behind the manga atm. So my advice is the ditch the anime and just catch up with the manga. I am not sure where you stopped, but chapter 801 is the end of the Dressrosa arc so that might be a good place to start.

What the fuck is Hidive? Their catalog isn't terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    What the fuck is Hidive? Their catalog isn't terrible.
    Sentai Filmworks' streaming site. K-On, Clannad, Tamako Market, Monster Musume, Angel Beats, Squid Girl, Saiyuki...yeah. Also it's $4 a month.

Did I mention K-On?
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2017-12-17 at 07:02 AM.

DB Super 120 YES THE ROBOTS COMBINED!

blend s 11 solid episode. poor female doggo getting double glared.

kekkai sensen s2 ep11 BLACKO. damn that was an intense episode
    Spoiler: 

interesting have 2 shows with pube heads this season

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Oh my sides, love it when a newspaper does an article on a anime meme jumper.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...w-designs.html
    Say those behind the latest raft of ideas: 'These designs are perfect for the season as parties and events increase.
    I've been going to the wrong parties and events
    Last edited by bals; 2017-12-17 at 07:10 AM.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Sentai Filmworks' streaming site. K-On, Clannad, Tamako Market, Monster Musume, Angel Beats, Squid Girl, Saiyuki...yeah. Also it's $4 a month.

Did I mention K-On?
    I already own the BDs for K-On and Tamako. The rest of those are meh. There's not really anything there that I can't watch elsewhere. I'd they had a Roku app I'd consider it just for the convenience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    I already own the BDs for K-On and Tamako. The rest of those are meh. There's not really anything there that I can't watch elsewhere. I'd they had a Roku app I'd consider it just for the convenience.
    They're the other big dubbing company, so that's their main drawing point (though they didn't dub K-On or Squid Girl season 1, they just gained the license to them).

The only dubs that don't sound like soggy shit are FLCL and Excel Saga. It's a non-factor for me. They do have a few shows that are not easy to find like Azumanga Daioh on top of having a bunch of OVAs and movies. Their site says Roku app in 2018 so I'll give them a try; they can't be as bad as Strike.

10+ Year Old Account
    Problem is Sentai still puts their "big" flagschip anime titles each season on Amazon Strike and not on Hidive or they put them later down the road on Hidive a few months later.
    I just wish they forgot about Strike and just put everything on Hidive. While worse quality, I can actually watch shows on Hidive.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

10+ Year Old Account
    The only dubs that don't sound like soggy shit are FLCL and Excel Saga.
    If i remember correctly the english Dub of Armitage III was a true gem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    Welp, first part of this season's Yuuki Yuuna was a positive surprise after all. Here's hoping the second half is at least as good.

forgot to donate to the kud wafter crowdfunding and now it's over

fate apo 22 dang that was an awesome ep
    Last edited by bals; 2017-12-18 at 05:32 AM.

What are your thoughts on this year of anime?

Disappointments? Shows/ideas/characters that exceeded your expectations? Standout scenes, voice work, or soundtracks?

AND your thoughts on next year?

I'll do quick comments on each season:

Winter: What most surprised me from this season was Akiba's Trip. Absolute top kek meme awareness even if it was a bit hit and miss, it was most likely the funniest show this year. Another show that stood out to me was Youjo Senki. I did comment on it before and have discussed it but I found it an amazing ride, even if it was mostly for its main character, Tanya.

Spring: Spring was overall pretty great looking back. It had Eromanga to entertain the human trash I am. Rokudenashi offered an average magic high school shounen, nothing special but it was fun since it knew exactly what it wanted to do. Fukumenkei noice gave me the autistic monkey I always needed. I absolutely adored Shuumatsu's finale even if rest of the show was kind of bad.

There were disappointments in the season too, mainly in the form of Saekano and the rage-inducingly bad finale of Zero.

Then there was Tsuki ga Kirei. Tsuki ga kirei was, in lack of better words, one the purest love stories I've seen. It was so painfully real and so heartwarming while still keeping me on edge the entire season. It was spring season's greatest show by far.

Summer: Yet another amazing season. It offered two brilliant shorts: Aho girl and Tsurezure Children. Literally impossible to hate those.
    Youkoso jitsuryoku ended up being surprisingly interesting show for such a "not-oregairu" type of adaptation. New Game gave us another season of cute girls having more fun at work than you ever will. Gamers took retarded misunderstandings to the next level while keeping it fun and entertaning.

And then there was Princess Principal. Now I know some of you know how I feel and felt about the show during the season. It started out brilliant, more or less exceeded all of my expectation with those first two or three episodes. I was completely feeling it, the saviour of anime had come at last. But then something happened and the end result is that the show that exceeded all of my expectations in the season also became my biggest disappointment this year. It's quite amazing that both the worst and the best episode I've seen in this year are probably both in PriPri.

Finally, the big one, Made in Abyss. I think all that could be said about this has already been said. Absolutely brilliant. AOTY. k thx bye.

Fall: I still need to catch up on so much shit but Just Because is pretty good.

edit: Yuuki Aoi best VA of the year

Steins;Gate 0 and Boku no Hero s3 in the same season next year.

That is all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post

Disappointments? Shows/ideas/characters that exceeded your expectations? Standout scenes, voice work, or soundtracks?

Hm i will just count the good:

Winter 2017 (this is from January):
    Good:
    Kono suba (Great), Maid dragon (Great), Youjo Senki (Second best after kono suba that season), Little Witch Academia (TV) (kinda ok), Gabriel DropOut (just a comedy), Akiba's Trip The Animation, Onihei (great)

Disappointment:
    The most hated winter anime 2017 is Kemono Friends due to all the shitty fanart that is plaguing some sites. Also ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka

Season rank 8/10

Spring 2017
    Good:
    Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season, Alice to Zouroku (second best), Atom: The Beginning (Best this season), Warau Salesman New

Disappointment: BERSERK (ANIMATION)

Season rank 7/10

Summer 2017
    Good:
    Made in Abyss (AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA i want more), Knight's & Magic (ok), Isekai Shokudou, Shoukoku no Altair

Disappointment:
    Vatican Kiseki Chousakan, The Reflection

Season rank 8/10 (only higher due to abyss)

Fall 2017
    Good:
    Mahoutsukai no Yome, Inuyashiki, Garo: Vanishing Line

Disappointment: Black Clover (TV) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9ER...4&pbjreload=10 (seriosly that ruined it more than just repeating content to make episode longer)

Season rank 5/10...there is hardly anything to watch

As for Winter 2018...so far only interesting is overlord and for the rest i would have to do some research.
    https://myanimelist.net/anime/season

Spring does seem to have Steins;Gate 0
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post

Made in Abyss is AOTY.

Was just an amazing series in all aspects, especially the OST.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Dragon Maid AOTY easily. Only show besides Tsuki ga Kirei that made me feel anything.

Made in Abyss was almost great. It had everything it needed to be great besides adequate meaningful story advancement. It left me wanting more and not always in a good way. God-tier soundtrack though.

- - - Updated - - -

Adding Fukumenkei Noise to the list because the OST was killer. Need to add PriPri as the show I hate not getting around to watching yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Steins;Gate 0 and Boku no Hero s3 in the same season next year.

That is all.
    Dont forget new SAO season is next year also.