10+ Year Old Account
    Is there anything funny on the level of Konosuba aired in the last 10 years or so? Need a good list of hilarious comedies or rom-coms that put comedy forward. I want some good mood boost.

If anyone has a good list - would be great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    It's what happens when Overlord is mentioned
    Did someone mention Overlord?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Is there anything funny on the level of Konosuba aired in the last 10 years or so? Need a good list of hilarious comedies or rom-coms that put comedy forward. I want some good mood boost.

Saiki Kusuo no Psi Nan --- true comedy
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account

Far as straight laugh-out-loud shows, despite watching mostly comedic shows, there aren't many I could say that do it, but the best ones:

Three Leaves, Three Colors

B Gata H Kei: High school girl stumbles through a relationship trying to get laid.

Haganai

Interviews with Monster Girls: More of a "put a smile on your face the whole time" type heartwarming comedy, but a great show nonetheless.

Is this A Zombie?

Mitsuboshi Colors

New Game!

funny on the level of Konosuba
    Try Good Luck Girl or Shimoneta

- - - Updated - - -

After the Rain final - Quality show, bit of a non-ending though. Felt like they just kinda threw it together and called it a day. I wish the writer wouldn't have been so safe with the subject matter. I wasn't shipping but seeing them explore that relationship between the two mains would've been nice. What the show did, it did well. Either 7 or 8,can't decide.

10+ Year Old Account
    I’m torn on After the Rain as well. I thought it started off strong, but then about half way through, no problems were ever tackled. We end up with a half solution with her sugar daddy that they were going to tackle what’s important to them then see each other. I am sad, that though she kind of made peace with running by teaching his boy to run, she didn’t even try to fix the relationship with her friend. . It was incredibly beautiful though, and enjoyed the environment for the most part. I’m going for 8 but rating it higher because of first half.

15+ Year Old Account

Try Outbreak company. Similar premise, and it's also a parody on the concept like Konosuba. It's been a while since I watched it but I do remember it being pretty funny.

Hataraku Maou-sama is another good one. It also feels similar to Konosuba in a lot of ways.

10+ Year Old Account

Ixion Saga DT is probably the closest to Konosuba in terms of setting, plot, and comedy.

Gintama is just a fantastic parody comedy. A bit of a warning that it does take a few episodes to really find it's footing comedy-wise.

D-Frag is just one of my favorite comedies about a straight man having to deal with a group of crazy female characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Killing bites gets a 10/10 for that ending. Very well writen for just a fighting game. (wich was delayed/canceled)

Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    I’m torn on After the Rain as well. I thought it started off strong, but then about half way through, no problems were ever tackled. We end up with a half solution with her sugar daddy that they were going to tackle what’s important to them then see each other. I am sad, that though she kind of made peace with running by teaching his boy to run, she didn’t even try to fix the relationship with her friend. . It was incredibly beautiful though, and enjoyed the environment for the most part. I’m going for 8 but rating it higher because of first half.
    The last part of your spoiler was implied by the text message. The whole reason they chose the school was because of the name and how wind tied into their love of running.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    The last part of your spoiler was implied by the text message. The whole reason they chose the school was because of the name and how wind tied into their love of running.
    That makes me feel better. I'm not good at subtle

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Killing bites gets a 10/10 for that ending. Very well writen for just a fighting game. (wich was delayed/canceled)
    Yeah, KB was a very nice surprise this season and I need to watch that last episode still.

I've been going through and watching random older season anime i missed years ago like...

Erased
    Witchworks
    Mitsudomoe
    A Centaurs Life
    Chaika
    Etc etc

Dagashi Kashi s2 final - God this show was actually good despite my misgivings about the new studio. Weird that Hotaru was gone for most of the season but the finale was really really good. I need to catch up on the manga. Very enjoyable 7/10.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    Dagashi Kashi s2 final - God this show was actually good despite my misgivings about the new studio. Weird that Hotaru was gone for most of the season but the finale was really really good. I need to catch up on the manga. Very enjoyable 7/10.
    Pretty sure the anime is ahead of the translated manga chapters right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    Pretty sure the anime is ahead of the translated manga chapters right now.
    It is, the translators are ~4 volumes behind.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Yeah, KB was a very nice surprise this season and I need to watch that last episode still.

I've been going through and watching random older season anime i missed years ago like...

Erased
    Witchworks
    Mitsudomoe
    A Centaurs Life
    Chaika
    Etc etc
    So how was it?

Garo vanishing line....kinda ok i guess 6/10. It does have some great music.

Comes out in april 11:
    https://vgmdb.net/album/74039

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't watch it yet and I was going to before I went to sleep earlier. Womp womp....

I do have the tab reay for when I go home here I a couple hourz. Funny enough though, I watched the first 10 episodes of Durarararara.....whatever the fuck instead of watching that one episode of KB. That's just how I am with shows. I have 23 tabs open alone for months for anime.

Fuck mobile typing....

That's also why I stopped buying anime as well outside of old-school bluray remaster like Sailor Moon, Ranma, Outlaw Star, etc. Just can never keep up
    Last edited by Usagi Senshi; 2018-03-31 at 09:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did enjoy this quite a bit!