10+ Year Old Account
    Amanchu 2 - Exactly the mellow, feel good series I wanted. There even was a flat out Aria reference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    So i saved the K-on movie for a day when i needed cheering up, it did not disappoint in doing that but im sad as there is no more K-on ;__;
    Had you not seen it before, or was it a rewatch? Every time I watch the show, I'm too emotionally drained from the ending to watch the movie, so I've only seen it once.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Had you not seen it before, or was it a rewatch? Every time I watch the show, I'm too emotionally drained from the ending to watch the movie, so I've only seen it once.
    I saved it so it would be my first viewing.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Anime update:
    Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen -- TRASH
    Caligula - BAD =) skip
    Nil Admirari no Tenbin: Teito Genwaku Kitan -- Boring
    Inazuma Eleven: Ares no Tenbin -- sport trash
    Aikatsu Friends! -- pure trash
    Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online -- BAD BAD BAD DIE NOW PLEASE
    Devils Line -- just another vampire romance anime... skip this
    Hinamatsuri -- its watcheable
    Cutie Honey Universe -- WTF is this shit
    Persona 5 the Animation -- trash like the game itself

Current watchlist:
    Hinamatsuri
    Lostorage Conflated WIXOSS
    Mahou Shoujo Site
    Boku no Hero Academia s3
    Lupin III: Part V
    Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou
    Gegege no Kitarou (may get droped on next ep)
    Souten no Ken: REGENESIS (may get droped on next ep)

2 things that i am interesting that come out soon:
    Golden Kamui -- april 9
    Steins;Gate 0 -- april 12
    Layton Mystery Tanteisha: Katori no Nazotoki File -- april 8

That was painfull to watch all this junk season.
    Why the fuck did you watch Shokugeki S3 episode 1 just to call it bad.

Why the fuck do you have actual shit tier shows on your watch list, while dropping anything half way decent.

How the fuck do you exist.

Last edited by bals; 2018-04-09 at 01:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Golden Kamuy Episode 1 --- Great animation , great story , man with a mission and it doesnt fell cheap.
    I recomend watching this 300%

- - - Updated - - -

Fist of north star 2.....its something i guess. At least artstyle is interesting:

Quick story:
    Germans want a girl wich knows the location of valuable art as she memorized the location of it. Guy fist 1 is dying from probaly cancer i think, guy fist 2 is a main character, there is some villan with unknown motive so far and that is what abauth this anime is pretty much.
    Last edited by Yunru; 2018-04-09 at 10:29 PM.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Rewatching Love Lab because I couldn’t find something I wanted to watch, and I fucking love this show. Maki’s scandalous scream makes me laugh every time, she’s so damn good at it

Gundam 00 season 1 - 7/10 (good)

Another good(ish) Sunrise show. The first fifteen episodes are superb, and then it begins to get bogged down for the last ten episodes. The last three episodes were still very good, but the finale somewhat undermined itself by immediately timeskipping to the future and reintroducing everyone, rather than allowing us to reunite with the characters and see how much they've changed in the second season. Overall, Gundam 00 was good. Would recommend! Going to start on the second season tomorrow after I finish Wallace and Gromit: Curse of the Were-Rabbit.

- - - Updated - - -

I've noticed a trend with Sunrise shows: their storytelling consistently wobbles with each and every show they put out, be it because of poor planning, changing their plans half way through production, or they have so little faith in a production that they cut off it's budget.

Mobile Suit Gundam 079: Budget was slashed, forcing Tomino to create an improvised ending in which the war ends rather abruptly, and characters die before their arcs finish.

Gundam F91: Sunrise had so little faith in the story, that they ordered it to be made into a movie instead of the full blown series it was meant to be.

Vision of Escaflowne: Budget was slashed, resulting in a MSG079-esque situation where the story after episode 20 starts skipping "the journey" to the story beats, resulting in a highly confusing, unearned, and disappointing climax.

Code Geass: The writers made up the story while in the midst of production and it shows; season 1 was riddled with inconsequential filler arcs and character arcs, and the finale's consequences were rendered meaningless by season 2's reset. Season 2 was not planned, having been ordered after season 1's runaway sucess, resulting in Season 2's complete meltdown. Season 2 also begins introducing major story ideas out of thin air that are treated as if they always existed. Wasted characters and atrocious setup/payoff. The ending is very Escaflowne esque, where it skips to a theoretically sound climax that simply didn't have the journey or the setup to make it feel earned or make sense.

Iron-Blooded Orphans: The plot for season 1 was far too short for 25 episodes of story, resulting in an arduously drawn out story and underdeveloped characters and story ideas. Once again, season 1 wasn't written with a season 2 in mind, so the consequences of season 1 were swept under the rug, inconsequential filler arcs, wasted characters, and season 2 begins introducing major story ideas out of thin air that are treated as if they always existed. The ending would've been perfect if it had been better built up to.

Twilight Axis: Do I even need to explain this one?

- - - Updated - - -

Not to mention, Gundam AGE and Seed Destiny. I have little hopes for Code Geass's arbitrary third season.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    The only problem with your assessment is that writers are usually freelance and not affiliated with the animation studio in question nor the sole factor deciding on how a story goes.
    Would like to see a source for budget slashed in half on shows but budget generally doesn't mean jack shit and usually isn't a factor. It's just a meme that people keep sprouting.

Or I could wait for a reply saying they started using cgi mecha cause it's cheaper so it means they cut budget. (hint cgi is not cheaper to use compared to 2d animation, sometimes even more expensive contrary to believe.
    At least Sunrise is one of the last remaining bastions that have traditional drawn mecha.
    Last edited by Millhi; 2018-04-10 at 11:44 PM.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Quote Originally Posted by Millhi View Post
    The only problem with your assessment is that writers are usually freelance and not affiliated with the animation studio in question nor the sole factor deciding on how a story goes.
    Would like to see a source for budget slashed in half on shows but budget generally doesn't mean jack shit and usually isn't a factor. It's just a meme that people keep sprouting.

Or I could wait for a reply saying they started using cgi mecha cause it's cheaper so it means they cut budget. (hint cgi is not cheaper to use compared to 2d animation, sometimes even more expensive contrary to believe.
    At least Sunrise is one of the last remaining bastions that have traditional drawn mecha.
    I'm not talking about how pretty they can make their episodes look. I'm talking about their capability to even produce enough episodes to tell a developed, cohesive story. You have cases like Escaflowne where the story ended abruptly because an entire ten episodes of storytime was cut, and the property as a whole suffered for it. On the other hand, you get cases like IBO, where the first half of the first season was dragged out to ludicrous lengths, and the second half of said season underdeveloped it's principle cast, leading to yet another poor story.

- - - Updated - - -

If their story doesn't fit the 12/13 episode structure, then they could release in an OVA format.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lmao you threw the budget got slashed in half in your post. And i said budget doesn't matter, budget as in every thing not just animation. (the cgi mecha part was a joke on my side if you are referring to that)
    What you just said aren't problems native to just sunrise so eh?
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Quote Originally Posted by Millhi View Post
    Lmao you threw the budget got slashed in half in your post. And i said budget doesn't matter, budget as in every thing not just animation. (the cgi mecha part was a joke on my side if you are referring to that)
    What you just said aren't problems native to just sunrise so eh?
    No, they aren't exclusive to Sunrise. What they are though, is uncannily consistent. Every other serialized mecha series they release seems to have it's story botched, either with filler arcs to make sure that the show fits in to a 12/13/24/25 episode time slot, it's story drawn out to fit into it, or skip through the story to squeeze it down into a timeslot. Watching Gundam 00 was simply the last in a long line of these occurences. 00's first season is by no means "bad", as it is so far the most consistent series by Sunrise I've seen, but it is quite noticeable how it fell into the same trappings as their other titles.

Who cares what a dub watcher says anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by Swisted View Post
    Who cares what a dub watcher says anyways?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sees Sunrise, looks at list of watched shows. Good Luck Girl, Cowboy Bebop, Inuyasha, Love Live! Sunshine!!, Outlaw Star, all rated 7+. Shrug.

Happy Birthday Cocoa
    [url]https://78.media.tumblr.com/f618e910b6ed854b047ea8e041149263/tumblr_p6xbbuwJcW1woadb9o1_1280.png[url]
    I read that as Cocona before I clicked on the image.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    No, they aren't exclusive to Sunrise. What they are though, is uncannily consistent. Every other serialized mecha series they release seems to have it's story botched, either with filler arcs to make sure that the show fits in to a 12/13/24/25 episode time slot, it's story drawn out to fit into it, or skip through the story to squeeze it down into a timeslot. Watching Gundam 00 was simply the last in a long line of these occurences. 00's first season is by no means "bad", as it is so far the most consistent series by Sunrise I've seen, but it is quite noticeable how it fell into the same trappings as their other titles.
    What would you put as filler exactly? Like a breather ep doesn't necessarily mean its filler or if it fleshes out a char but it's not related to the main plot I wouldn't call it filler either.

I certainly understand your reasoning. It's what my friend and me had on an Unicorn rewatch a few years ago, were we basically went, was unicorn always this bad? What I assume is that part of when and how you watched the shows plays a role(ie, the some of the stories dont age well from older shows or faults become more apparent when you are bingewatching instead of weekly) . The other part is that I personally put gundam stories on lower priority and usually watch it for the spectacles they bring.
    but I will still rewatch any gundam before I even think about giving reconguista a second try. The epitome of bad gundam and fuck Tomino.
    i also think ibos first season is right up there with the best gundam but as you mentioned s2 was a convulated mess of ideas they should have put in a different show. They should have simply continued to build on their Jeanne d'arc plot they established so well but what happened, happened and all we can do is blame the director. (Okada was assigned to the show 3 years after production started and had no real input on the show)
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

it's honestly probably more a gundam problem then anything else. (80% of them are shit and/or basically the exact same story)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    it's honestly probably more a gundam problem then anything else. (80% of them are shit and/or basically the exact same story)
    Gundam storytelling is a mess. You think you know the lore of it, then they trow something totaly 360 in your face.
    Don't sweat the details!!!