My GiggUK "Mother Fucking Tea" mug finally came in the mail.

Might i add he changed his mind years later.

- - - Updated - - -

Bonus cute K-on pic

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Overlord new Ep.....well this is a OVERKILL.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Forgot about Sweetness and Lightning ending.

Pretty good manga overall, though the author really left out a lot of what I was hoping this manga would go into: Kotori's feelings towards Kohei evolving, Kohei's grieving for his wife, his relationship with Kotori evolving (though there were subtle hints that he might think of her as more than just a former student), and the concept of what his and Tsumugi's family consists of evolving to include Kotori. Tsumugi obviously ships them, as seen after the time skip, and it would have been interesting to see how she felt about Kotori and her father being together as it was happening. The ending was abrupt, but the recipe book was a sweet touch. Watching Tsumugi grow up was really nice, and teenage Tsumugi seems like she kept a lot of that spunk and independence from her younger days. Still, the end came quickly and abruptly and it was obvious that it was rushed.

I really hoped that this manga wouldn't play it safe with the age-gap romance. I was disappointed that Koi wa Ameagari played it safe, but it at least had the literary symbolism in Kondou's writing about youth and what is lost in getting older. Sweetness and Lightning just kinda planted the "Kotori likes Sensei" flag in a cooking manga and left it there. The manga was more about family than anything else, but who your family is comprised of can be a fantastic story in itself; it's one that this manga just left alone.

Still, it was a solid read with fantastic recipes (I made quite a few with good results) and great characters. Pretty solid 8/10 and recommended for anybody looking for a feel-good story with a few emotional parts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mayo Chiki!

This show has a feel similar to Recovery of an MMO Junkie. Girl, hiding her identity, and a friend who comes across sometimes as helping move the relationship and other times trying to stop it. Except, in this case, the guy knows the identity of the girl, and it's a girl faking being a boy, but still. One other thing that reminds of it is this show is heavily carried by the main female. MoriMori, and in this case, Subaru. Maybe not as much here. Jirou's fear of being touched provides plenty of humor, and kind of subverts the usually case of being assaulted (he wants it, typically, but he just can't). His sister is high energy and daughter of a professional wrestler, and she uses her Mugi-like strength all the time. Kanade is the manipulator, who you don't know if she's good or bad. Then the rest of the cast is super forgettable. But I like a romantic comedy that focuses more on comedy, while still be able to provide touching moments. Especially, as I've noticed, ones dealing with not having friends and making them, as noted by Say I Love You, ReLIFE, and in a way, Haganai. However, it's a pretty good case of "where's the rest?", as the story doesn't have a very defining ending. Hell, episode 12 is the more appropriate ending, but they go one more episode that features one of those forgettable minor characters. Still though, it was a good story, with a solid main cast, and while not often laugh-out-loud humor, always keeping a smile on your face humor. Oh, and it's listed as a harem, but it totally isn't, so don't worry about that. 8/10, season 2 will never happen I'm sure, but I enjoyed what is there.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2018-08-23 at 06:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven’t tried that one, but it sounds interesting. I loved Recovery of a MMO Junkie. Thanks @Pendulous

I am so glad i never have subbed to CR and never will.

10+ Year Old Account

Fun fact....the girl dancing animation in OP is a director: Chiaki Konn
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiaki_Kon

Quote Originally Posted by Strangebrew View Post
    I am so glad i never have subbed to CR and never will.
    I'm not sure why you wouldn't subscribe to VRV/FUNimation/Crunchyroll given the sheer amount of QoL they bring. With piracy sites, you either have to spend time downloading a file, scanning it for viruses, and then spend time fiddling with your media player to watch it. If it's a streaming site, then you have to endure your browser being slowed down by tons of ads that you can't turn off (if you have adblock, the video won't appear unless you turn it off), a stream that keeps buffering every twenty seconds, lower quality streams, the lack of autoplay, the inability to Chromecast the stream to your TV. If I wanted to watch Code Geass on my TV site using the most popular piracy option, I'd have to get it up from my lazy boy, walk to the computer room, turn on the monitor, turn off the Chromecast for the window on the site, click to the next page, load the next video, start the Chromecast, walk back to my lazy boy, and then wait for my low quality stream to finish buffering. It's simply madness.

Meanwhile, with VRV, all I have to do is sit in my chair and sip on my Dr. Pepper while the nice ED plays, and then I'm off to the next episode and that's that.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I'm not sure why you wouldn't subscribe to VRV/FUNimation/Crunchyroll given the sheer amount of QoL they bring. With piracy sites, you either have to spend time downloading a file, scanning it for viruses, and then spend time fiddling with your media player to watch it. If it's a streaming site, then you have to endure your browser being slowed down by tons of ads that you can't turn off (if you have adblock, the video won't appear unless you turn it off), a stream that keeps buffering every twenty seconds, lower quality streams, the lack of autoplay, the inability to Chromecast the stream to your TV. If I wanted to watch Code Geass on my TV site using the most popular piracy option, I'd have to get it up from my lazy boy, walk to the computer room, turn on the monitor, turn off the Chromecast for the window on the site, click to the next page, load the next video, start the Chromecast, walk back to my lazy boy, and then wait for my low quality stream to finish buffering. It's simply madness.

Meanwhile, with VRV, all I have to do is sit in my chair and sip on my Dr. Pepper while the nice ED plays, and then I'm off to the next episode and that's that.
    And this is why you are one of the biggest tools around.

"QoL they bring" lmao my fucking sides. I'd hate to do this, but typing everything just isn't worth the time so have this instead.

I've never had the issues he's talking about. VRV uses its own player and has never crashed on me, and the front page of the site looks like this:

VRV is a collection of several different streaming services (CR, FUNimation, Roosterteeth, etc) so it makes sense that they'd recommend me shows from their other services, but so far they've been pretty tame and literally only put one single other show at the top of my page, with everything else being anime that I'd probably watch or have already watched. It's clean. And it's only three clicks to resume HxH; click my icon at the top right, select "watchlist", click on HxH, and click "resume", and that's that.

The only VRV's player could be improved is if it remembered where I left off if I quit in the middle of an episode, but it takes me only five second to get back there anyways so whatever. Simply put: to me, the QoL from paying for VRV simply far outweighs the hassle from trying to pirate it, and $10 a month for it is a drop in the bucket.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never had the issues he's talking about. VRV uses its own player and has never crashed on me, and the front page of the site looks like this:

VRV is a collection of several different streaming services (CR, FUNimation, Roosterteeth, etc) so it makes sense that they'd recommend me shows from their other services, but so far they've been pretty tame and literally only put one single other show at the top of my page, with everything else being anime that I'd probably watch or have already watched. It's clean. And it's only three clicks to resume HxH; click my icon at the top right, select "watchlist", click on HxH, and click "resume", and that's that.

The only VRV's player could be improved is if it remembered where I left off if I quit in the middle of an episode, but it takes me only five second to get back there anyways so whatever. Simply put: to me, the QoL from paying for VRV simply far outweighs the hassle from trying to pirate it, and $10 a month for it is a drop in the bucket.
    Any anime site + Video download helper + Gom player = no need to watch streams ever again
    No need for torrents either and safe from viruses (just be sure a site you visit has add-blocker on and no-script and only enable video player)

I refuse to use any type of services that are generaly just *gimme your money* and never update players or making UI more useable. Not to mention you can wait for some episodes on those sites for a week after they are out due to legal stuff. (and ending up spoiled by random youtuber)

15+ Year Old Account
    go to a certain website
    click magnet link
    wait 5 seconds
    start video

so difficult

"scan for viruses" lmao

The only reason I sub to any service is to watch on my phone. Even then, their video players suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    >Being happy with 3:2 pull-down judder, probably incorrect colour-mapping and bilinear chroma/luma scaling...

Yeah no, sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    With piracy sites, you either have to spend time downloading a file, scanning it for viruses, and then spend time fiddling with your media player to watch it
    Hahahahahahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    >Being happy with 3:2 pull-down judder, probably incorrect colour-mapping and bilinear chroma/luma scaling...

Yeah no, sorry.
    Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Hahahahahahahaha.

Crime isn't funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crimson View Post
    Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

- - - Updated - - -

Crime isn't funny.

Yeh....oh also...fun fact:
    This guy in video died 2 days after cells at work cancer episode.

10+ Year Old Account