"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Its a trash anime. Kinda like RWBY. Over-rated.
    I was always fascinated by the premise of the story, and the character dynamic of UBW.

Premise: seven mages battle over an artifact that will grant any wish they desire. This allows for a setup where you can have seven view point characters who fight each other not because they're evil, but for their own good reasons. Kairya is trying to save Sakura. Waver simply wants to be recognized and holds no ill will towards anyone. Kiritsugu wants world peace. The setup allowed you to root for multiple people in 'Zero, and made me anticipate watching how their ideals played out.

The other reason why I hold UBW in such high regard is because of the novel character dynamic between Shirou and Archer. Nasu landed on a goldmine with that plot, and it's by far the most memorable aspect of Fate/Stay Night to me.

I don't think it's overrated. Yes, Fate/Stay Night is very much loaded with A LOT of philosophical dialogue that is overcomplicated for the sake of it, and many times make no logical sense at all. Urobuchi went overboard on the "GRIMDARK" of 'Zero, which can make it feel exhausting to binge and at times feel like the ends several characters faced were not the fault of the characters but created by the writer to spite the characters or make an arbitrary point. In spite of this, we tend to zero in and focus on the great aspects of the series that makes it so memorable.

RWBY never had an iconic idea Nasu hit with in UBW, and it was never able to fully capitalize on the whole "teens have fun at superhero highschool" premise, which was superseded by the conspiracy plot and the politics. The first three seasons rarely touched upon that, but when they did, we got our memorable moments, such as Oobleck being serious with RWBY at Mountain Glenn in season 2. The season 3 ending was incredible and set expectations for the show that it was never able to live up to.

At this point, I'm only watching for the few aspects I still love in spite of how the story was botched. Dr. Watts being a disgraced Atlesian scientist sounds interesting, as we know Atlas is very militaristic and is willing to commit immoral deeds to secure their country, so him being "disgraced" by even them is alarming. I'm also looking forward to seeing more of the Atlas in general because I love the sleek future-fantasty aesthetic which was shared by (coincidentally) Trails of Cold Steel 3. Otherwise, I'm not expecting much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Don't forget the English rendition of "Freckles" that played at the beginning of the first thirty episodes of Rurouni Kenshin! It's oddly paced, but I got used to it after a few episodes and grew to love it. I was saddened that it was replaced by the Japanese version when I got to season 2.

over 30 hours in mspaint

>>people still unironically liking fate

index s3 ep 3 so like this dude with the guillotines basically was worthless because he can't even cut through your clothes or flesh at the same time

goblin slayer ep 3 did someone say goblins?

radiant ep 3 the killing the monster at the beginning really threw me off. felt like i missed a lot because i was skipping past the recap and like 10 seconds later it was over

also i don't recall anyone mentioning it but attack on titan s3 ep49 there's stuff during/at the end of the ed and it's now on hiatus until 4/2019

fairy tail ep 280 hey wendy has a decent outfit again. that green dress was awful
    Last edited by bals; 2018-10-21 at 06:06 AM.

RWBY is better than most of the mindless shit anime that comes out. It was created to be fun to watch and that's what it is. The story isn't terrible and the animation has come a long way. Shitting on RWBY is always one of those things that I can't help but to roll my eyes at, especially when it comes from people who have demonstrated questionable taste in other shows they like or don't like.

Fate's problem is that it is a convoluted mess due to its source being visual novel format. That makes it hard to have a canon to adhere to as "the way it happened." Another built-in flaw of the series is that as participants in the Grail War are killed off, you have much less to work with as the story progresses. I don't really think watch order is that important to Fate, but watching a prequel after the story it's a prequel to is generally the best way. Personally, I found having Saber's identity being somewhat of a secret during UBW a nice story element, which made learning about her past in Zero much more satisfying. Watching Zero after UBW makes UBW have much more of a retrospective appeal since it gives the show more depth and re-watch appeal.

10+ Year Old Account
    The best Fate story is Fate/Grand Order.

Only story Nasu cares about anymore anyways.

tfw haven't watched anything Fate related

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simplex View Post
    tfw haven't watched anything Fate related
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/lO4momlm.jpg[IMG]
    do yourself a favour and keep it that way.

anima yell 3 - op and ed are pretty good yuri intensifies

sao alice 3
    Spoiler: 

this meme will die sometime. probably at the end of the season when people forget goblin slayer exists.
    Last edited by bals; 2018-10-22 at 06:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Im quite enjoying the Goblin Slayer LN and already read all the manga and spin offs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anima Yell is teaching me things. Like how ghosts would make terrible cheerleaders because you couldn't hold them up, because you ain't got no legs Lieutenant Dan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    do yourself a favour and keep it that way.
    Meh, there is some really good Fate related stuff. Overall I would say it is a positive but in order to really understand the best bits takes quite a bit of investment. For example, I love Carnival Phantasm but as the majority of it's humor comes from parodying Fate and other Type-MOON series I don't know how much someone who has not seen/read the rest would get outa of the series.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked Hundred. I liked Fuuka. So I've definitely gotten to the point where screw average ratings, I'm gonna watch what I can. Even a show rated lower than those. And hell, a slice of show with music elements? What could go wrong? Enter Super Sonico. I officially watched seven episodes, but I can't go any further. It sucks because there's something there for a good story. College girl holding down two jobs and playing in a band trying to manage her time. She's got large...assets, but her whole design comes across as cute. A fun bubbly personality, and of course she's clumsy. Playing in a rock band.

To start, I love slice of life shows, and even ones that are pretty extreme on the side of "not much happening", like Flying Witch and Yuru Camp. But this show is so booooring. This is the epitome of "nothing happens". One episode spends way too long with her just riding a bus. I don't even know how they managed that. Large portions of scenes are literally just day-to-day talk in real life. It's unfortunate, because the main characters all have a pretty established personality that could make for fun stuff happening. But it doesn't. There's not even any comedy to supplement this boredom.

And the only reason I made it to seven episodes, is the same reason I suffered through all of Mysterious Girlfriend X. I had to find out answers to questions I had from the beginning. And like Mysterious Girlfriend X, I never got them. Why is her name Super Sonico? Like, actually that's her real name. Why did her parents hate her? And what is that weird medical device on her ears? It's clearly not headphones, because it doesn't impede her ability to hear everything. Why is her manager always wearing a creepy-ass mask? And why does nobody in this world address ANY of these things, as if they're perfectly normal? And why does everyone try to sexualize Sonico even more than fucking harem protagonists? Like, I get she's a model, and she's hot, but this goes beyond ogling her. This goes to "her best friend wants her to wear a dress that dissolves, while they're on stage". And every guy at a photo shoot tries to see how far they can go before her mask-wearing manager shuts them down. It's creepy, from a guy who enjoys those harem and ecchi shows. Low rating justified.

10+ Year Old Account
    With Super Sonico I think that was the result of taking a character that was originally created as the mascot for some kind of music festival and then trying to turn it into an anime to capitalize on it's popularity. The headphones are there because since she was a mascot, many different artist made their own renditions of her but they always had to keep the headphones since they were her signature so of course they had to be there in the anime with zero explanation. Oh, and "Super" is her family name so Sonico is her given name. Still makes zero sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    For those who dont know.

Rip Jojo voice actor:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unsh%C5%8D_Ishizuka

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    For those who dont know.

Rip Jojo voice actor:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unsh%C5%8D_Ishizuka
    Absolutely ancient news ya got there lad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post

Elf Archer is so cute even if she is flat has an Anvil and an ass like a wheel rut.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I thought all elves everywhere were super old, super busty beauties... what is this madness?
    That is where slime got it right nsfw https://i.imgur.com/l6L8pON.mp4
    Last edited by bals; 2018-10-23 at 09:55 PM.