10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I'm reveling in the salt that has enveloped r/Anime, with SAO keeping it's no. 1 spot and only rising in popularity while Jojo is struggling to maintain it's no. 9 position. Feels like everyone forgot that r/Anime made up only a fraction of the Western anime fandom and that their tastes didn't apply to the rest of the fandom. The echo chamber is real.

https://i.redd.it/oqtba384iaw11.jpg
    What are you even trying to say? If you could take the entire west into consideration, SAO would probably appear as 10x more popular than Jojo. And including the other half of the planet would most likely just increase the number even further.

Hell, on MAL alone it's almost ~4x as popular and MAL is literally composed of weebs who are more likely to have watched jojo than the average anime watcher.

Despite r/anime having a fairly considerate amount of edgy SAO haters that most likely just echo the opinions of even edgier random youtubers, this doesn't change the fact that they're just a somewhat vocal minority in that social bubble.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    So Funimation didn't dub the rap in episode 2 of Zombieland Saga. Why even bother now? That's all I wanted to see. At least the cast is awesome, and Ricco Fajardo is going nuts as Tatsumi.

(I've heard they might do it for the release later, but screw that, it's on now)
    Maybe it's time to start watching anime properly, everyone get to this phase at some point.
    Last edited by Artorius; 2018-11-05 at 02:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post

Maybe it's time to start watching anime properly, everyone get to this phase at some point.
    Everyone knows the proper way to watch is in Japanese with no subtitles.

Rosario + Vampire dub was a masterpiece. Don't @ me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone knows the proper way to watch is in Japanese with no subtitles.
    Yeah but I don't expect this much of you, we can compromise with subs.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I'm reveling in the salt that has enveloped r/Anime, with SAO keeping it's no. 1 spot and only rising in popularity while Jojo is struggling to maintain it's no. 9 position. Feels like everyone forgot that r/Anime made up only a fraction of the Western anime fandom and that their tastes didn't apply to the rest of the fandom. The echo chamber is real.

[IMG]https://i.redd.it/oqtba384iaw11.jpg[IMG]
    And yet Jojo's is still one of the most biggest selling manga around, so whats your point?

It's not surprising though, considering Jojo's is a slower anime and takes more investment while SAO tends to lean towards more flashy, fast pace plot.

Also SAO has anime titties while Jojo's has more anime pecks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sao is for children, Jojo is for adults.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    This triggers and offends me.
    we dumped your tea once old man, we'll do it again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Dub/Sub shit aside, must be kinda jarring to go from hearing everything in English to suddenly hear 2 women rapping in Japanese. I realise they do this SimulDub nonsense and need a quick turnaround but, I'm sure they could have managed to do something with it.
    That's the problem I had. You can tell I enjoy song performances in Japanese, hence why I have a playlist of almost 200 songs (and none of them would be in English if it weren't for Innocence), and my signature. But this just doesn't feel like a "song". And that's not really a knock on rap most song performances in anime feel disconnected enough that it feels ok. Even in Revue Starlight, at least from what I saw of it. But this is borderline not even a rap at the beginning, so it really just feels like the characters randomly start talking in the original language. I know nobody here watches dubs at all, so I won't say to go watch it in English and see how weird it feels. But it does, from someone who is used to that kind of stuff.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2018-11-05 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    [IMG]https://66.media.tumblr.com/9726d9981fbb3aab907a18c09f79e804/tumblr_p9c1dryK5W1th206io3_540.gif[IMG]
    this was the one i wanted to post but phone posting a shit

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    this was the one i wanted to post but phone posting a shit
    [IMG]https://i.imgur.com/DydZ25j.gif/IMG]
    Phone posting a shit.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    I can (and have) gone up to a random person and in talking about anime they'll generally know what SAO is. I seriously doubt they've even heard of Jojo. Jojo has nowhere close to the popularity that shows like NGNL, Attack on Titan, and SAO have in the West.

I've had co-workers sperg to me about SAO, and then I'll make a shitty Jojo reference (even though I hate the show) and they'll look at me with a blank expression.

10+ Year Old Account
    I learned quickly that people I meet in real life don't watch the same shows as me. When my friend, who got me into watching anime, doesn't recognize most the shows I tell her about, then yeah. And the two people I work with. One is watching Jojo and Tokyo Ghoul (though we both did watch Demon Lord last season), the other keeps trying to tell me about this horror show and telling me to watch it despite saying multiple times I don't watch horror.

10+ Year Old Account
    I learned quickly that people I meet in real life don't watch the same shows as me. When my friend, who got me into watching anime, doesn't recognize most the shows I tell her about, then yeah. And the two people I work with. One is watching Jojo and Tokyo Ghoul (though we both did watch Demon Lord last season), the other keeps trying to tell me about this horror show and telling me to watch it despite saying multiple times I don't watch horror.
    I know a lot of people who are all sorts, so it's hard to pinpoint from friends, but from people I've met at cons or work/school, it's generally the really popular stuff only. Either that or early 2000s shoujo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anima Yell 5 - Finally, we get to the obvious yuri undertones these types of shows require

Fairy Tail 2 - Too pure for this world

Slime Isekai 3 - As by rule of Order of the Stick, anyone with a name is protected by plot and not killed.

Anima Yell 5 - Finally, we get to the obvious yuri undertones these types of shows require
    you missed episode 3?

index s3 ep 5 ok i basically have no idea what's going on anymore

fate cooking ep 11 - this show is too pure for this world

10+ Year Old Account
    This is just another example of some people treating anime as a genre and assuming that if someone likes anime, they should like the same kinds of anime as any other anime fan. This doesn't happen in any other medium. No one assumes that everyone will like the same kinds of movies or books. All other forms of media are always broken down into various genres but for some reason anime is always just lumped together into one group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    index s3 ep 5 ok i basically have no idea what's going on anymore
    The current arc requires keeping up with everything that happened prior and knowing all the side characters. Otherwise it's really hard to follow. It's important though to what's happening in the main story, so I'd say it could help to read a summary on the wiki about the arc during or after it's done. Just be careful of the obvious spoilers in wikis.

Someone else explained it really well, so I'll mirror what they said here. Essentially this arc is where author-kun realized he could use writing a novel to his benefit, and instead of the typical manga-arc style storytelling, he starts writing a continuous story, that continues on from this point. It's one big reason people say that the story post Index S2 gets so much better. It just requires a lot more memory of what happened in S1 and 2.

The anime could have done a bit better at explaining the different groups though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wtf

Japan has to many card games.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

There is literally nothing wrong with SAO

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with SAO
    But hating on SAO makes you one of the cool kids!