Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Wtf...bookworm ep is out already (14 and it was 13 yesterday). 2 episodes in a week... now that is just weird.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol Main going (spoiler):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyqIMO6o_kw
    on something.
    I think they both came out at roughly similar times, at least it seemed like it. Was watching video's on youtube and came across a crunchyroll video showing Main doing her thing and thought 'I've not seen this part yet'. Either way I'm not going to complain!

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account

Gokushufudou: The Way of the House Husband anime or live-action series pls.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Since some animes ended:
    Keishichou Tokumubu Tokushu Kyouakuhan Taisakushitsu Dainanaka: Tokunana 4/10
    Hataage! Kemono Michi 6/10
    Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru 7/10
    Choujin Koukousei-tachi wa Isekai demo Yoyuu de Ikinuku you desu! 4/10
    Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen -- still no ranking as it continues, but on 8/10 right now
    Radiant 2nd Season -- still ongoing 7/10
    Mairimashita! Iruma-kun -- still episodes 9/10
    No Guns Life -- still episodes 7/10
    Vinland Saga -- 8/10 (still episodes)
    Dr. Stone -- 8/10
    Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin -- 5/10 (it just drags on and on)
    BEASTARS -- 5/10
    Boku no Hero Academia 4 -- 6/10 (unfinished so far)

Val's decade in memorium for 2010-2019

Anime

• Best series: Fate/Zero, Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works, Log Horizon, Kekkai Sensen, and My Hero Academia.
    • Most overrated show: Violet Evergarden
    • Most underrated series: Sword Art Online. It isn't a coindence that it (along with Attack on Titan) made anime mainstream. Despite the execution, the core story of the Aincrad arc is great. The show goes downhill after Aincrad but comes back with a vengence with the Alicization arc. Honorable mention: Touken Ranbu Katsugeki.
    • Most deserving of a sequel season: Log Horizon
    • Biggest comeback: Pokemon XY, the best the Pokemon anime had been since the first season ended twenty years ago.
    • Biggest downfall: Pokemon Sun & Moon, for going from the second best season of Pokemon ever to... this.
    • Most disappointing ending: Pokemon XY, in which both the show and the marketing for the show hyped up Ash's victory, and then had his Greninja's water shuriken lose to Charizard's blast burn. Also, Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans. The ending was nonetheless extremely well executed and very awesome, it's just that conceptually it is a disappointing end to the story.
    • Most disappointing return: Full Metal Panic: Invisible Victory. The show already went down hill after KyoAni touched the second and third seasons, but this fourth season was especially disappointing. It saddens me to think that we will more than likely never get a fifth season, let alone an adaptation of the whole story that lives up to the bar set by the first season.
    • Best movie: The Wind Rises
    • Most overrated movie: Your Name and A Silent Voice
    • Most underrated movie: Pokemon movie 21: Everyone's Story/The Power of Us (the best Pokemon movie in nearly 20 years, since the 3rd film)

• Best protagonist: Shirou Emiya. Honorable mentions: Izuku Midoriya and Ciel Phantomhive.
    • Best villain: AFO
    • Most interesting setting: Hellsalem's Lot
    • Coolest ability/martial art/fighting style: Blood Battle Techniques, where the user cuts themselves and then use magic to shape their blood into strings to track enemies, icicles to impale people, or keys that imprison vampires. Also, One for All, for having a heritage that ties together the lore, the story, and themes of the story.
    • Coolest mecha: Tharsis, which in addition to having a cool design, also has a cool ability with it being able to see the future. Honorable mention: Vidar
    • Best battle: Naruto vs Pain and All Might vs AFO.

• Biggest "yay" for watching anime: VRV. You got access to Crunchyroll and FUNimation's library of anime for just $10 a month. VRV has a great player, both on your computer, on your phone, and on the TV.
    • Biggest "noooo" for watching anime: FUNimation being removed from VRV in 2018. Awwww.

Misc: Naruto finally ended. It had a lot of problems but was an all around great story up until the War arc. The Pain arc is one of the best stories I've ever seen and really should have been the ending of the series. The anime also gave us some of the most memorable sakuga scenes in anime history. If you are interested in Naruto, there is a fan recut of the anime called "Naruto Kai" that tells the entire story in just 72 episodes, only 8 episodes longer than Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Val's decade in memorium for 2010-2019

~snip~
    Lol. Hilarious. I usually just ignore whenever anyone uses the term "overrated" especially when in combination with something extremely well regarded as it always comes off as try-hard and edgy, but then to follow it up with not only calling SAO underrated but then proceeding to contradict yourself by claiming that it also made anime mainstream? How can a series make an entire medium mainstream also somehow be underrated?

I am also not sure how Pokemon XY can be both the biggest comeback and most disappointing ending, but I don't watch pokemon so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    but then to follow it up with not only calling SAO underrated but then proceeding to contradict yourself by claiming that it also made anime mainstream? How can a series make an entire medium mainstream also somehow be underrated?
    I am sure what he means by "underrated" is "anyone with braincells believe that SAO season 1 being horse shit."

Don't forget the anti-KyoAni hate-boner.

Last edited by BloodyAngel12; 2020-01-01 at 09:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somali to Mori no Kamisama Ep 1-- its pretty chill for anime.

My top 10 anime of the decade in no particular order.
    1) Made in Abyss
    2) Fate/Zero
    3)Shinsaki Yori
    4)One-Punch Man S1
    5)A Place Further than the Universe
    6)Ano-hana
    7)Stein's Gate
    8)Madoka Magica
    9)My Hero Acadamia
    10)Konosuba

10+ Year Old Account
    Darwin's Game -- not bad for 1.st ep. Very similar to Future Diary.

10+ Year Old Account

Damn...it sounds better.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post

Damn...it sounds better.
    If by better, you mean ear piercingly bad, then I guess you are right? Ugh, RIP my ears.

To be fair, the Op to Part 2 isn't that good to begin with I guess.