Thunderbolt Fantasy - S3 E11

Spoiler: 
    Got my hopes up for a moment thinking that Mantis was being a wingman to Jun, but no.

I really want Lin to be faking it and to have cast some sort of sleep or illusion magic on Ken to make it look like he died, but I don't think he'd be able to do any sleight of hand like that while wielding S7B in his hands.

Finally, Monk gets to actually do something this season.

Hm... I wonder if Lin has replaced Mantis, which is possible but it doesn't explain why he apparently allowed Ken to get killed. I think it would make more sense if Lin had cast an illusion spell on Ken to make him look like Lin, cast an illusion spell on Mantis to make him look like Ken, and cast an illusion spell on himself to look like Mantis. That way, SBD brainwashed Ken (who looks like Lin), and had him kill Mantis (who looks like Ken), with Lin (posing as Mantis) intervening to keep Shang from being killed, and using the communication device he got from Jun to get a chance to speak with Locus.

86 - episode 10

RIP robo dog.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2021-06-13 at 09:09 AM.

Voice Actress Haruka Nagashima Passes Away at 33
    https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-at-33/.173829

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Mobile Suit Gundam Hathaway's Flash - pretty ok movie, but there was barely any mobile suit combat. And you barely seen them as combat felt weird.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Mobile Suit Gundam Hathaway's Flash - pretty ok movie, but there was barely any mobile suit combat. And you barely seen them as combat felt weird.
    I haven't seen it yet but is it true that it contradicts UC canon? After Zeta Gundam, the Federation was on the decline. In CCA they sell Axis to Char trying to get any money they can to help salvage Earth's crumbling economy and infrastructure. And in Unicorn, we find out that Earth is so poor and dependent on help from the colonies to stay afloat, Full Frontal's plan was to simply get the colonies to band together and embargo the Feddies until they gave in to their demands for independence. And Earth continues becoming less and less relevant by F91 and Victory Gundam. But from what I've heard about Hathaway's Flash, the Federation is inexplicably back to its height in Zeta, being a monolithic military empire with a shadow government of oligarchs in charge, playing games with arms manufacturers (basically the US).

Not fond of the 3D CGI shown in the trailer. Also not fond of the character designs. I don't know if it's a combination of digital art (as opposed to cels) and the character designer, but the characters in recent UC entries (Unicorn) look really flat and boring. Very unappealing to look at. Does Hathaway at least do the expressive facial animations like Origin did?

- - - Updated - - -

I've also heard that the fights take place in the dark and it's hard to see what's going on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I haven't seen it yet but is it true that it contradicts UC canon? After Zeta Gundam, the Federation was on the decline. In CCA they sell Axis to Char trying to get any money they can to help salvage Earth's crumbling economy and infrastructure. And in Unicorn, we find out that Earth is so poor and dependent on help from the colonies to stay afloat, Full Frontal's plan was to simply get the colonies to band together and embargo the Feddies until they gave in to their demands for independence. And Earth continues becoming less and less relevant by F91 and Victory Gundam. But from what I've heard about Hathaway's Flash, the Federation is inexplicably back to its height in Zeta, being a monolithic military empire with a shadow government of oligarchs in charge, playing games with arms manufacturers (basically the US).

Not fond of the 3D CGI shown in the trailer. Also not fond of the character designs. I don't know if it's a combination of digital art (as opposed to cels) and the character designer, but the characters in recent UC entries (Unicorn) look really flat and boring. Very unappealing to look at. Does Hathaway at least do the expressive facial animations like Origin did?

- - - Updated - - -

I've also heard that the fights take place in the dark and it's hard to see what's going on.
    From what i read on wiki (as its hard to understand movie), the earth federation is deporting people to space (i guess overpopulation) and the main faction is against that.

From what i read on wiki (as its hard to understand movie), the earth federation is deporting people to space (i guess overpopulation) and the main faction is against that.
    That was one of the reasons why Zeon rebelled in MSG, but Hathaway's Flash takes place in the year 103, 7 years after Unicorn and 10 years after CCA. 24 years prior to Hathaway's Flash, Zeon dropped a colony on Australia, killing half of the earth's population (everyone in Australia dies from the thermal pulse, lots of people incinerated by the ejecta cloud, coastal settlements hit by tsunamis, earthquakes and volcanic activity happen, also temporary nuclear winter that kills off crops). And then three more colony drops happen (the one in Stardust Memory that wiped out North America, the one in ZZ that hits Ireland, and then in CCA Char drops an asteroid on Tibet). And the CCA drop was 10 years ago, in the year 93. There should only be a fraction of Earth's pre-OYW population left. And, again, Unicorn in the year 96 showed that the Feddies were just broken. And Unicorn ended with the Feddies signing a treaty with the space colonies. I don't see how they can be illegally shoving people onto the colonies, let alone have the infrastructure to do that on a mass scale. And overpopulation really shouldn't be an issue anymore (thanks to Zeon dropping 3 colonies and a giant rock on the earth).

I guess the bad guys/terrorists could be bankrolled and supplied by Anaheim Electronics, but they were outted at the end of Unicorn, so IDK how they still have so much power.

- - - Updated - - -

Fruits Basket - S3 E11 FINAL EPISODE

Probably the worst episode in the entire series.

First 7 episodes of S1 were good and it went downhill from there. S3 was awful. 3/10 bad.

First 7 episodes of S1: 7/10 very good
    S1 as a whole: 6/10 fine.
    S2: 4/10 bad too much filler and too much melodrama
    S3: 3/10 awful, too much filler, too much melodrama, completely botched the payoff

I do not recommend watching the Fruits Basket reboot series. Thumbs down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazing someone would watch 3 seasons of a slice of life/romance drama anime and then complain that it had "too much filler and too much melodrama." Yeah, Of course it did. Do you complain about action movies having too much excitement and fighting? Or that Horror movies have too much killing and scary moments?

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Amazing someone would watch 3 seasons of a slice of life/romance drama anime and then complain that it had "too much filler and too much melodrama." Yeah, Of course it did. Do you complain about action movies having too much excitement and fighting? Or that Horror movies have too much killing and scary moments?
    I'm confused over the idea of calling it filler to begin with.

Pretty much every episode mattered to some degree. Also a quick Google search shows reports that there was no filler episodes at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I'm confused over the idea of calling it filler to begin with.

Pretty much every episode mattered to some degree. Also a quick Google search shows reports that there was no filler episodes at all.
    He sometimes uses words like that without seeming to really understand what they mean. I am guessing that anything that doesn't progress the story or plot forward he considers "filler."

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess i will do a almost end of season score on each anime i watched then:

Full Dive: This Ultimate Next-Gen Full Dive RPG is Even Shittier than Real Life! 6/10
    Edens Zero 4/10 .. well i watched fairy tail and seeing same characters fells weird.
    How Not to Summon a Demon Lord Ω 5/10 Eh just make a hentai out of this and be done with it :P
    The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent 3/10 Its just romance anime and isekai fells like not existant. Also its set in very un-realistic setting.
    Welcome to Demon School, Iruma-kun 2nd Season 10/10
    Shadows House 8/10 The story is very unique compared to recent anime
    To Your Eternity 6/10 Its ok i guess
    86 5/10 i would like to see a more action and less behind screen in base tho. They could do a double image split where the operator is listening on left side and on right side its a battle, but i guess that is to much to ask
    Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro 8/10 Its a good comedy to recomend to people who never watched anime before just to troll them.
    The Slime Diaries: That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime 3/10 Its nothing special.
    Odd Taxi 9/10 It takes a while to get used to animal characters, but if you replaced them with humans, the show would still be good
    Combatants Will Be Dispatched! 8/10 It takes a while for a show to hit konu-suba lvl, but its get better with more episodes
    Dragon Goes House-Hunting 6/10 Its not bad, but dragon walking animation is kinda shit, so -1 score
    I've Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years and Maxed Out My Level 3/10 -- this is just slice of life with monster girls
    My Hero Academia 2/10 .. pretty boring season
    So I'm a Spider, So What? 10/10 It may be a bit hard to follow at start, but once you figure out the story is set betwen 2 timelines it gets better.
    Back Arrow 10/10 HOLY SHIT THIS SHOW IS A TOTAL RANDOM STORY THAT GETS CONNECTED AT END..its good, realy good. Think of it like mixing Killa la kill and guren laggan.

I've talked about "filler" in Fruits Basket before. It comes down to two problems: 1. scenes that should be 1 or 2 minutes long that are dragged out into 5-6 minute long monologues with sweeping music playing and lots and lots of panning over still shots (repeat ad infinitum), and 2. too much time spent dwelling on meaningless plotlines. I don't care about the school drama or the stuff with that girl who likes Yuki or whatever. I care about the curse story. The series really shouldn't have been any longer than 24 episodes in its entirety.

86 5/10 i would like to see a more action and less behind screen in base tho. They could do a double image split where the operator is listening on left side and on right side its a battle, but i guess that is to much to ask
    I like the scenes where the 86s were back at base, chilling, but I absolutely hate anything to do with the handler girl. The show would be much better if she was cut entirely.

Doing Gundam style splitscreens would be good, yes.

My Hero Academia 2/10 .. pretty boring season
    Yeah it's just a filler tourney arc, except without the drama and the excitement of prior tourney arcs.

So I'm a Spider, So What? 10/10 It may be a bit hard to follow at start, but once you figure out the story is set betwen 2 timelines it gets better.
    I dropped Spider a couple weeks back. I couldn't handle it anymore.

I've talked about "filler" in Fruits Basket before. It comes down to two problems: 1. scenes that should be 1 or 2 minutes long that are dragged out into 5-6 minute long monologues with sweeping music playing and lots and lots of panning over still shots (repeat ad infinitum), and 2. too much time spent dwelling on meaningless plotlines. I don't care about the school drama or the stuff with that girl who likes Yuki or whatever. I care about the curse story. The series really shouldn't have been any longer than 24 episodes in its entirety.
    That's uh...nice.

You're making up a definition for the term filler in this context though, since filler has a set definition when talking about anime that isn't what you're saying, especially not in regards to either situation of Fruits Basket or MHA, considering there's a huge reveal in terms of plot during the arc.

It sounds more like you think anything that's actually delicately building plot/world isn't valuable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to reiterate that he called the episode where Kyo and Tohru confronted each other about their feelings, and Kyo talks about how he knew her mom and watched her die a filler episode. So I don't think he has the right to use the word anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I'd like to reiterate that he called the episode where Kyo and Tohru confronted each other about their feelings, and Kyo talks about how he knew her mom and watched her die a filler episode. So I don't think he has the right to use the word anymore.
    I just gotta give props though to that episode along with the one where Yuki and Kyo went at each other. Both were actually pretty moving

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it's just a filler tourney arc, except without the drama and the excitement of prior tourney arcs.
    The current MHA arc is anything but filler. It is set up for a major reveal and eventual big shift in series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Moofia using already established terms wrongly? Guess it's just another weekday ending in "day".
    As long as he never uses the term "oscar-bait" again.

A scene that shouldn't have been longer than 3 or 4 minutes that was dragged out so, soooooooo long.

A scene that shouldn't have been longer than 3 or 4 minutes that was dragged out so, soooooooo long.
    All this really says is your attention span is goldfish like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I just gotta give props though to that episode along with the one where Yuki and Kyo went at each other. Both were actually pretty moving
    All of season 3 has been intense. Really the only complaint I can make about it is teasing Momiji x Tohru really late and for no reason when it's already a forgone conclusion that she's gonna be with Kyo. With absolutely no conflict about it either.. I think season 2 was the weakest, kind of that in between where the main cast has already been introduced with trouble going on with them, and instead just focusing on introducing more of the side cast.

All of season 3 has been intense. Really the only complaint I can make about it is teasing Momiji x Tohru really late and for no reason when it's already a forgone conclusion that she's gonna be with Kyo. With absolutely no conflict about it either.. I think season 2 was the weakest, kind of that in between where the main cast has already been introduced with trouble going on with them, and instead just focusing on introducing more of the side cast.
    The whole Momiji thing in general was kinda out of the left field it felt like. Suddenly he's like, double the height and wants to hook up with Tohru. I'd give that fair credit for being criticized honestly. I get puberty is a thing but it's like, boi you don't grow THAT FAST.

Very nice season and second strong season in a row. Vivy, 86, Odd Taxi, Nagatoro and Spider Isekai continuing from last season are all great shows and there's some more still decent shows as well. Also some less decent ones that I don't know why I even bothered with for so long like the 5th season of Hero Academia (and we're not even at the worst manga arc yet!), How Not to Summon a Demon Lord Ω (OK, I know why I bothered with this one, I'm isekai trash plus it's borderline hentai), Higehiro and Koikimo (both lost steam beyond their initial premise and kinda dragged on, with the former still having two episodes to go) and Full Dive (I had some laughs in the earlier episodes but later on the sheer stupidity of the premise overwhelmed everything else, although there has been some interesting development that may go somewhere in the latest episode). But looping back to the upside there are still well received shows that I want to try out but haven't started yet like To Your Eternity, Shadows House and Tokyo Revengers.

I like the scenes where the 86s were back at base, chilling, but I absolutely hate anything to do with the handler girl. The show would be much better if she was cut entirely.

Doing Gundam style splitscreens would be good, yes.
    Without the republic part 86 would just be your run off the mill post apocalyptic mecha show.

I dropped Spider a couple weeks back. I couldn't handle it anymore.
    You couldn't handle the awesome?

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    As long as he never uses the term "oscar-bait" again.
    You know you probably jinxed it, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.