I read a few chapters of the "How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom" manga and was not impressed. I might give the anime a shot but the aesthetics are a turnoff to me. Looks very cheap and generic. Guess I'll check the anime out.

Mahouka Koukou no Yuutousei... so it's the first season of Mahouka, but from the perspective of the sister? Meh. Why not just continue adapting the Mahouka stories that haven't been animated yet? It would be nice if they could wrap up the school storyline so we can timeskip to the part where Tatsuya is running a company and is trying to reform society's abuse of mages.

Nice to get more Villainess.

Otherwise, Summer is looking to be pretty meh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meikyuu Black Company --finaly something good
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Aquatope is shaping up to be my favorite show this season if the quality stays consistent to the 1st episode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    And Dragon Maid was amazing, came back really strong
    Forgot this was KyoAni big return. Enjoyable first episode. Not a big fan of the mega-oppai loli dragon though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doujinshi artists must be having a blast with Dragon Maid S

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Doujinshi artists must be having a blast with Dragon Maid S
    There is a thing called Megami-ryou no Ryoubo-kun and it came out yesterday (un-cenzored).

whew caught up on origami is not the detective to see friend and god in episode 3

10+ Year Old Account
    Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Ep 3 ---Ok that was some realy talented animation and very smooth 180* camera movement.

Kyoukai Senki

This is Sunrise's new official, unofficial Gundam/mecha show (like how Dragonar and Code Geass aren't officially Gundam, but come on, they're Gundam, gunpla line and all). Is being written by the same guy who did Gundam Build Divers. The rest of the staff haven't worked on anything notable thus far (hence why this is being done by the new Sunrise Beyond studio). The composer is Rasmus Faber and a new guy hasn't done much so we'll see how the soundtrack turns out (the comments on his MAL page seem to be positive, so fingers crossed).

First half of the first episode has been uploaded to Youtube (no English subs yet).

Oh. So it's more terrorist Gundam? Protag wages guerilla warfare against oppressive regime? This is... what? the 4th iteration of the terrorist setup? Wing, 00, Code Geass, and now Kyoukai Senki?

So Japan is occupied, but this time they're doing the Decisive Darkness thing where it's broken up into multiple different territories. I presume it's Russia (blue), China (red), US (yellow), and... green is some European Federation? Or India? I wonder how this happened. In Code Geass, Japan was invaded for the magic ore. No idea if such an equivalent exists, but if it doesn't then the only reason I can think of is that a world war happened, the US and Europe used Japan as a foothold in the East to attack China and Russia, China and Russia wound up invading Japan to try to kick the US and Europe's foothold off, and then a truce happened.

Not a fan of the opening song rap.

Glad to see that melee weapons from Gundam IBO are back and a major part of combat. Ranged weapons are back, but so far it seems that they are ballistics. At least there is no laser spam. Yet.

The main protagonist looks generic, though at least it's a little refreshing in that it's the kids show kind of generic (Digimon/Bakugan/Yo-Kai Watch/Dinosaur King), not your usual bland light novel protag design.

The soldiers are wearing green uniforms, so I'm guessing that the MC lives in the European occupied zone?

It seems that the protagonists have Pokemons? Either they are AI companions, or they are actual Japanese spirits trapped in some sort of devices. Would be interesting if they were actual spirits, as I like the supernatural and mecha being mashed up, like in early UC Gundam and Escaflowne. IBO hyped up Gundams sucking your soul, but that apparently didn't go anywhere.

Darn, I gotta wait two more months before the show starts (Tuesday, October 5th).

Gunpla preview

The mechs are being designed by Ken Okuyama, aka the guy who designed the original Gundam. He also designs Ferraris. The aesthetic of the mechs is pretty interesting: the look somewhat sleek, and their leg joints seem to be exposed and can be extended by pistons.

A mech wielding a naginata? The girl pilot has good taste.

I'm pretty hyped. First new show since IBO ended 4 years ago. Is promising 2D animated mechs. Fingers crossed it's good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sonny Boy -- i cant follow this show....any victims wana watch that?

Heion Sedai no Idaten-tachi --- hmm

10+ Year Old Account
    So what are people still watching this season? I’m finding a lot more time for games as I’m watching less anime.

Here are the ones I’m keeping up with:
    Slime-chan S2P2
    Kobayashi
    Kanojo mo Kanojo: this one started more enjoyable as it was absurd but the gimmick is wearing off.
    ReMake: wanted a ReLife feel, and it’s somewhat there.
    Seirei Gensouki: I was enjoying the school part and it’s been still enjoyable so far, so here’s hoping.
    Aquatope: pretty and still enjoying it.

I haven’t dropped anything yet but also picked up a lot less.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    So what are people still watching this season? I’m finding a lot more time for games as I’m watching less anime.

Here are the ones I’m keeping up with:
    Slime-chan S2P2
    Kobayashi
    Kanojo mo Kanojo: this one started more enjoyable as it was absurd but the gimmick is wearing off.
    ReMake: wanted a ReLife feel, and it’s somewhat there.
    Seirei Gensouki: I was enjoying the school part and it’s been still enjoyable so far, so here’s hoping.
    Aquatope: pretty and still enjoying it.

I haven’t dropped anything yet but also picked up a lot less.

So far i would rank them:

Idaten Deities in the Peaceful Generation 6/10
    Battle in 5 Seconds After Meeting 5/10
    I'm Standing on 1,000,000 Lives 2nd 4/10
    How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom 5/10
    The Dungeon of Black Company 9/10
    Tsukimichi -Moonlit Fantasy 4/10
    Getter Robo Arc 7/10
    Edens Zero 5/10
    Welcome to Demon School, Iruma-kun 2nd 10/10
    To Your Eternity 3/10
    My Hero Academia 2/10
    Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S 7/10
    Cheat Kusushi no Slow Life 4/10
    Seirei Gensouki 3/10

Watching some meh ones, while waiting for better ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated! Ep 1 -- not bad. I did see a lot of people spamming manga memes on other sites, so i guess this kinda spoiled this show for me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated! Ep 1 -- not bad. I did see a lot of people spamming manga memes on other sites, so i guess this kinda spoiled this show for me.
    Great Jahy is like a reverse isekai but from the first episode it seems pretty good.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Arifureta so what was the deal with this anime again? people got really fucking nerd raging mad that it wasn't a 100% adaptation of the source material? it was delayed so people are mad that it still had bad animation even when a lot of anime have shit animation? people actually wrote 3 page essays on it rating it 1/10 but they still watched all 13 episodes

It was at least decent but the reviews on mal have it as the worst anime ever. reviews are also bitching about a lot of things that are very clearly spelled out in the show. complaining it's a harem? how many fucking anime have they watched. saying it's edgy yet everyone choking shield hero down their throats
    Last edited by bals; 2021-08-02 at 08:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    YES YES YES!!!!

After part 6's ending, I wonder how many people will care enough to look forward to future Jojo adaptations.

So Funimation and Crunchyroll are one now.......

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by BloodyAngel12 View Post
    So Funimation and Crunchyroll are one now.......
    I'm rather trepid by the whole thing. Now that they effectively have a monopoly on the anime streaming business in the West, they have no reason to improve their product.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I'm rather trepid by the whole thing. Now that they effectively have a monopoly on the anime streaming business in the West, they have no reason to improve their product.
    Meanwhile me who is downloading anime episodes . There is still netflix when it comes to anime tho, but not by much.