2 new Berserk chapters came out.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Spy x Family = 5/10 (average)

It was okay. Didn't get what all of the hype was about.

Kyoukai Senki S2 - 6/10 (fine)

Well, there isn't much else to say that hasn't already been said. It's a real robot story with a fairy tale tone. Don't go in expecting drama or consequences. The show peaked during S1, when it was about hunting down a mysterious rogue AI robot, which worked well with the "power of friendship" tone of the show. When S2 shifted to the war against the Americans, it's hard to care because there are no stakes. Brad could have been interesting with his blood knight tendencies throwing a wrench into things, but he spent 10 episodes sitting around doing absolutely nothing, and doesn't began mobilizing until the very end.

The next anime season looks pretty barren. I guess I might check out the RWBY anime, but otherwise... meh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Spy x Family = 5/10 (average)

It was okay. Didn't get what all of the hype was about.

Kyoukai Senki S2 - 6/10 (fine)

Well, there isn't much else to say that hasn't already been said. It's a real robot story with a fairy tale tone. Don't go in expecting drama or consequences. The show peaked during S1, when it was about hunting down a mysterious rogue AI robot, which worked well with the "power of friendship" tone of the show. When S2 shifted to the war against the Americans, it's hard to care because there are no stakes. Brad could have been interesting with his blood knight tendencies throwing a wrench into things, but he spent 10 episodes sitting around doing absolutely nothing, and doesn't began mobilizing until the very end.

The next anime season looks pretty barren. I guess I might check out the RWBY anime, but otherwise... meh.
    Rwby is a bit of story upgrade to original:

Also, you know that next season is packed right????
    New overlord season, pick girls in dungeon season, some weird uncle came back from isekai anime, MADE IN FUCKING ABYSS , Shadows house, Jojo stone ocean S2 and there is other anime that could be good.

I just hope they fix the RWBY story after the good part as its a total mess after.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    https://comicbook.com/anime/news/tri...trailer-anime/
    So they finally showed a trailer for the new tri gun, not really happy with the animation shown so far.
    Tri gun was one of the first anime I seen alongside neon so kinda pissed at this.

10+ Year Old Account
    So new anime:
    My Isekai Life ------- i may drop this, as it doesnt seem to be anything special
    Vermeil in Gold: A Desperate Magician Barges Into the Magical World Alongside the Strongest Calamity -- its a soft ecci, but its not bad so far
    Overlord IV --- holy shit albedo
    Made in Abyss: The Golden City of the Scorching Sun --- i dont recomend you eat anything if you watch 1.st episode.
    Uncle From Another World -- seems to have a pretty high quality production. Also Op is interesting.
    Harem in the Labyrinth of Another World -- cenzored cenzored cenzored cenzored cenzored cenzored

Garbage:
    Luminous Witches
    Classroom of the Elite 2nd Season
    Tokyo Mew Mew New
    Smile of the Arsnotoria the Animation
    My Stepmom's Daughter Is My Ex

For little kids (i wont watch ever):
    Yurei Deco
    Dropkick On My Devil!! X

10+ Year Old Account
    I’ve started very slow this season and only watched a couple.

Rent a gf s2: I was hoping for more of an explosive start but it was fine.
    Lycoris Recoil: ended up liking this one quite a bit more than I expected. Interesting concept and I like the characters so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    So new stuff:
    Shine On! Bakumatsu Bad Boys! -- i give this 1 more episode, but its just samurai with magic swords (also there is ayaka in this anime)
    Shadows house season 2 -- interesting
    Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer --- so far i think i will skip that as the story is pretty stupid
    When Will Ayumu Make His Move? ---- garbage
    Prima Doll --- garbage
    Call of the Night ---- 1st episode was pretty boring. I will give it one more ep and then i will see if its worth watching
    Chimimo -- for babys
    The Yakuza's Guide to Babysitting -- meh
    The Prince of Tennis II: U-17 World Cup -- sport garbage

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    My Isekai Life ------- i may drop this, as it doesnt seem to be anything special
    Generic isekai #736 is generic. Who could have seen that coming.

Starting to scrape the bottom of the barrel of vaguely interesting stuff on Crunchyroll to watch.

Symphogear: watched 7 episodes before I was too bored and dropped it. It's an EVA clone but without any teeth. Also looks like ugly plastic.

Bofuri: the first few episodes were decent but I started losing interest once the guild formed. There just isn't any tension. No stakes. It's hard to care about the battles when our hero is invincible, and if she does somehow die then so what? She'll just respawn and be back within a few minutes and try again. The depiction of the two pets is weird; they aren't braindead scripts like the regular mobs or the quest NPCs like in the rest of the show, but feel like actual sentient pets. Feels like the creators couldn't decide if they were making an anime set in an actual fantasy world, or a MMO anime. Also there were a couple decent pieces of music. The MC's 3D CGI poison hydra attack was actually not too bad.

At this point I think I'm just going to finish up Dragonar. Likeable characters and great aesthetics. I was really into it until the Mad Max villains showed up. Guess I'll slog through that and then hopefully it's back to greatness.

1+ Year Old Account
    Man, I finished Quintessential Quintuplets and I'm just in despair because I have to wait to watch the movie D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea trying not to get spoiled while I wait for Quints and Takagi. Hopefully we get them this year

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even understand how he got to the EVA comparison.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Its what happens when you very clearly didn't actually watch what you say you did and just either assume certain things happened, or got some incorrect opinion from someone else.

Definitely doesn't know what "clone" means, at least.
    Remember when every series he talked about was "Oscar Bait"? I think he just hears these phrases and repeats them without understanding. Seen other mech series called Eva-clone, so this one must be as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Yeah. I just can't fathom watching more than half a season of Symphogear and coming to the conclusion it's simply an "EVA clone."

I'd love to see the methodology for getting there, though.
    Same and I'm waiting for it.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

I called it an Eva-clone because that's the structure. The world is besieged by aliens. Conventional military force is useless against it. Japan becomes host to the organization most equipped to fight back, who live in a huge underground complex and is intertwined with international politics and conspiracies. They recruit teenagers who are the only ones capable of interfacing with the special power that can fight back against the aliens who have to cope with trauma and attempt to balance their normal relationships.

Macross did it first.

10+ Year Old Account
    What we have learned is Macross is an EVA clone!

Overlord: decent start that is keeping me interested.
    My Stepmoms Daughter is my Ex: trash but hoping it’ll keep me interested. Will give it 3 to figure itself out.

Slow start for me this season

10+ Year Old Account
    I still don't see it even after that explanation. There's so much more to the show in all of it's 5 seasons.
    There's a major art shift starting from s2 btw if you're ever bored enough you would want to pick it back up not that I would agree with the ugly plastic comment anyway for s1.
    Symphogear tends to lauded for it's bombastic action (setpieces) but I don't think that would even matter for you when you're so focused on only seeing the most shallow of things in a show at any given time.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

10+ Year Old Account
    Black Summoner ep2 -- holy shit, this is the best and smooth gci animation i have ever seen in anime.