Thread: Level 1-50

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Level 1-50

I am currently planning to give FF14 another go and wanted to ask, how is the current state of level 1-50.

I am planning to only get the Goty for now and just wanted to ask if there is still a reason to play the "old" world or did everything become obsolete as in wow? Are there still players at those levels to run dungeons and stuff?

There are still people everywhere in the game, even on my low-mid pop server. This morning I saw 6 new players (yes, I took note and counted) in under 30 seconds. They don't take the route WoW takes where when a new expansion comes out the old one just sorta vanishes. Everything in the game is relevant in one way or another.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, there will still be plenty of players running dungeons, since not only will most people be leveling a lower level class/job, but they're also all in a dungeon roulette (random dungeon with daily reward).

The only places that'll be harder to do are the level 50 endgame raids and extreme trials, since basically everyone just blows through those with level 60 groups nowadays, rather than queueing normally for them.

Pretty much what people said already. I see new players (green icon) all the time in the world and I also see max level people because there are things to do still in the old world such as hunts or beast tribe quests. Dungeons shouldn't be too long because they're part of a random queu that reward max level players with tomes for gear and new players also have priority. The only things that might take a while to do are the level 50 end game raids but you can easily find groups for that at level 60 to go back and do them for the story and vanity items.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should be fine. See a lot of new ppl each day, most of them are gone after 2-3 weeks however.

If you really want to compare it to wow, level 60 content was also a lot longer relevant after lv 70 TBC content was released.

It´s still FFIV 1st expansion, and not a very large one as it seems...
    Last edited by Yuna; 2015-08-24 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuna View Post
    Should be fine. See a lot of new ppl each day, most of them are gone after 2-3 weeks however.

If you really want to compare it to wow, level 60 content was also a lot longer relevant after lv 70 TBC content was released.

Isn't it still 3.0? How many patches are they planning for it?

There's plenty of content because the game isn't structured like WoW. Even so its' okay when you look at the fact that we only waited four (?) months to get it compared to the usual 12 or so months for WoW expansions. I think 3.1 is going to come at the latest first week of october. That's 3 and a half months since the launch of the expansion.

In addition to what others have said they boosted the exp you get from 1-50, so you can stay on the Main Story Quests all the way to 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Aberrict View Post
    In addition to what others have said they boosted the exp you get from 1-50, so you can stay on the Main Story Quests all the way to 50.
    That should not be a problem, I am the kind of player that has to do every sidequest. I hope I dont overlevel too much.
    My GOTY edition will arrive this friday, thanks for the input.

Quote Originally Posted by Aberrict View Post
    Speaking from personal experience, this isn't true, story quest outlevels you every now and then if you don't do fates and roulettes.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, you'll still run into levels where MSQ alone won't cut it, in the 30s and especially 40s.

Leveling 1-50 should be easier now than it was back when it was "current" due to Main Story Quests (MSQ) giving you level appropriate gear.

The world is still full of people, both veterans and new comers alike, so there will not be any problems =)

Enjoy your time in FFXIV, it's fantastic.

The old world content is not irrelevant, you still have to progress through the 1-50 content, then get through the 50 content to be able to get to the 50-60 expansion content. The only difference is that you don't need to do the side quests like you use to, they buffed dungeon and main story quest exp rewards to move you quicker through the content. Since the same character can switch its job when ever it wants to you have a lot of people who end up going back to older content to level a new job. It's not like most games where you are stuck as one class for that character unless you make another character. In fact the only reasons you would make an alt in this game is to play another race or to have extra storage.
    You have to do the main story quest, you have to unlock the mandatory dungeons and complete them to continue the main story quest. Veteran higher level players will be in your low level dungeons for extra rewards while being scaled down to an appropriate level for that content. You have to do the trials as well. So the pre-expansion content is still relevant.

It is kind of like having WotLK release but you have to level through vanilla wow and BC, do all the dungeons and start in Kharazhan and then defeat illidan in the black temple before you can step foot in Northrend.

Another question:
    I reached lvl 20 on the free trial and unfortunatly amazon has not delivered my goty edition yet(takes 2 more days), so I decided to level another class. But which quests am I supposed to do now? I did everything and the side quests too.

Am I still eligable for the Recruit a friend rewards although I already have an account?

Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    Another question:
    I reached lvl 20 on the free trial and unfortunatly amazon has not delivered my goty edition yet(takes 2 more days), so I decided to level another class. But which quests am I supposed to do now? I did everything and the side quests too.
    You don't really do quests on your second and up classes. You do the Hunting Log, FATEs, dungeons, and "levequests" (repeatable quests given out by an NPC in the zone, look for a card icon on the map). There's also the Challenge Log you can work through.

But basically, quests are for your first class. You use other activities to level the other classes.

You'll still have a ton of quests for your second class left over, especially now with the boosted exp from MSQs. You probably have to go to the other city states to find them. Third class? yeah probably not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    You'll still have a ton of quests for your second class left over, especially now with the boosted exp from MSQs. You probably have to go to the other city states to find them. Third class? yeah probably not.
    .sounds like he did all the quests he saw sadly.

And yeah Row you are still eligible if you want one let me know

Quote Originally Posted by Yuna View Post

Oddly enough, I don't remember running level 60 dungeons or raids to progress my level 70 character during TBC. Curious as to why you think they were more relevant, compared to a growing number of dungeons pre-60 in FFXIV that, due to the roulette, still give rewards to even max level players.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    Another question:

Am I still eligable for the Recruit a friend rewards although I already have an account?
    Once you get the RaF done and you get your silver feathers, save them to 50 so you can buy an ilvl 120 weapon, chest, and leg piece (10 feathers all together; chest and legs come together). The Foestriker/caster equivalent are 1 feather a piece but you will quickly out level them whereas you will stick with the level 50 content for some time and that boost to gear is very helpful on the first job you get to 50 (and don't have access to Ishgard vendors/don't want to buy stuff from the MB).
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaese View Post
    Once you get the RaF done and you get your silver feathers, save them to 50 so you can buy an ilvl 120 weapon, chest, and leg piece (10 feathers all together; chest and legs come together). The Foestriker/caster equivalent are 1 feather a piece but you will quickly out level them whereas you will stick with the level 50 content for some time and that boost to gear is very helpful on the first job you get to 50 (and don't have access to Ishgard vendors/don't want to buy stuff from the MB).
    Thanks very much for that tip, really helpful to know