Page 6 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Weird how he, a relic from a bygone era, is getting so much scrutiny for a relatively benign comment as far as stupid shit goes, while people like Bahar Mustafa remain unchallenged.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    I won't go into this because it's a completely different topic but black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Can I make a prediction for your argument here?

You will present an altered definition of racism that specifically supports your argument rather than adhering to what the rest of society interprets it as, you're then going to use that new personal definition of racism to prove your argument correct, and then continue to use your own definition of the word racism in conversation without ever actually clarifying that you've replaced the meaning rather than simply using another word because you depend on the emotional charge that comes with it.

You've basically created a definition that fits what you want to describe and attached "racism" as the word for it, disregarding it's actual usage but taking full advantage of the power that word holds.

Am I close?

Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    You should watch Saving Private Ryan.

Ethics theory definitely doesn't declare that it's okay to sacrifice one person for the many.
    And since it's not some universal doctrine obeyed by every human being, it's not really relevant. It's just one of competing views. And using a work of fiction as your argument? Really? Then I raise you a "counterargument" in the form of Watchmen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

This comment is to say I'm not commenting on that matter. People like Shinra are a lost cause and aren't even worth it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Weird how he, a relic from a bygone era, is getting so much scrutiny for a relatively benign comment as far as stupid shit goes, while people like Bahar Mustafa remain unchallenged.
    Thats true the hypocracy is dripping.

Nixx http://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/...ism-572818.jpg

This guy apologized she added on the pile.

Deleted
    These overly sensitive people should have some tolerance training..couple of nails and teeth removed without anesthesia should do the job!

But seriously, the man is a scientist and nobel prize laureate in medicine. Meaning he has done more for mankind than all the useless fucks pontificating the issue together.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    So he was fired over a joke? This is what happens when people bitch and moan enough about being "offended'. We're turning into a society that has to censor most everything to avoid "hurt feels".

It wasn't really a joke, he said that he was serious when he said it and meant it, but didn't expect it to be taken this far.

He said it because of his own experiences.

He told Today: "I did mean the part about having trouble with girls, I mean it is true that I have fallen in love with people in the lab and that people in the lab have fallen in love with me.

"It's very disruptive to science."

"I'm really really sorry that I caused any offence, that's awful. I just meant to be honest, actually."

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Can I make a prediction for your argument here?

You will present an altered definition of racism that specifically supports your argument rather than adhering to what the rest of society interprets it as, you're then going to use that new personal definition of racism to prove your argument correct, and then continue to use your own definition of the word racism in conversation without ever actually clarifying that you've replaced the meaning rather than simply using another word because you depend on the emotional charge that comes with it.

Am I close?
    Oh, I like these. My favourite is making a separation between racism and racial prejudice. "So what that some people of color can have racial prejudice? At least they aren't racist (solely due to this definition making a distinction)." And of course their racial prejudice is only caused by them experiencing real racism to begin with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    "or something"
    It doesn't even need to be an "or something." An absence of a privilege is not inherently negative, nor does it require special conditions. It's just that, an absence.

Now are you going to march out these examples for me to shoot down or what?
    John Paul Dejoria.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

Quote Originally Posted by shitngiggles View Post
    But seriously, the man is a scientist and nobel prize laureate in medicine. Meaning he has done more for mankind than all the useless fucks pontificating the issue together.
    Hitler built the Autobahn!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    It wasn't really a joke, he said that he was serious when he said it and meant it, but didn't expect it to be taken this far.

I'm going to repost this, to avoid different interpretations and disregard for context.

“It is true … I have fallen in love with people in the lab and people in the lab have fallen in love with me and it’s very disruptive to the science because it’s terribly important that in a lab people are on a level playing field.

“I found that these emotional entanglements made life very difficult. I’m really, really sorry I caused any offence, that’s awful. I certainly didn’t mean that. I just meant to be honest, actually.”

“I’m very sorry that what I thought were light hearted ironic remarks were taken so seriously, and I’m very sorry if people took offence. I certainly did not mean to demean women, but rather be honest about my own shortcomings.”

Deleted
    Burn him his personal experience is offensive.

You think he lied to make sexist remarks and things like that never happened?

15+ Year Old Account

An honest joke is a thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    I'm tempted to ignore your posts because they're getting sillier each time. The black person who experiences racism experiences it because they are black so YES, FUCKING ABSOLUTELY being black has EVERYTHING to do with his perception of racial issues.

And nowhere did I say that white people can't experience racism but certainly not from black people because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    i'm guessing you're a black racist sexist lesbian

10+ Year Old Account
    This is absolutely outrageous.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    An honest joke is a thing.
    He never said it was a joke. Everyone else but him is saying that...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Bahar Mustafa didn't remain unchallenged, everybody just laughed at her ridiculousness.

Plus she didn't hold a position that anybody gave a fuck about, so nobody cared if she carried on in it - student diversity officer at Goldsmith's is lower on the pecking order of importance than the dining room tray monitor.

This makes me think of the concentration issues I had in school because of all the cleavages and butt cracks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Deleted
    So it was an oppinion formed by personal experience. I mean if it was hard fact that it hindered him personally who are we to deny it?

So If somebody has a subjective personal experience that says there is no racism anymore is that offensive too?

15+ Year Old Account
    “I was very nervous and a bit confused but, yes, I made those remarks – which were inexcusable – but I made them in a totally jocular, ironic way. There was some polite applause and that was it, I thought. I thought everything was OK. No one accused me of being a sexist pig.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.