10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
    Well yeah it's important for the combat not to suck. You have to get some kind of enjoyment out of it. All I was trying to say is that the combat in those games are very generic JRPG stand-and-click. It's not what made the games mentioned great. I find it to be so static. Even if it's more fast paced, you're still grounded and don't have mobility. I always disliked that about JRPGs.

I wouldn't want to see something like KH either though. What I would LOVE to see is something similar, and please don't kill me here, to Dragon Age. In the sense that you have full control of all characters, and can issue commands to them at any given time. Of course with SE's own flair, but still..would absolutely love to see something like that implemented. It's not all hack and slash, very strategic if done right, full control and a lot of mobility on all characters in your party.

Again, don't kill meh pls.
    I don't hate more actiony combat. Have you played Star Ocean? I'm a huge fan of the combat especially in 'til the end of time' though the story was lols I still had fun. I feel like that's what FF13 tried to copy but completely failed. Oh and a new Star Ocean was just announced, can't fucking wait

Less remakes, more new games.

Seriously, remakes is just money milking scam. You're buying and eating their SHIT.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The world in VII is not that big by today's standards at all, and if you are worried about the over world in general Ni No Kuni already laid the foundation on how to do that in modern gaming.

- - - Updated - - -

You seem to mistake them sitting on their ass for not rushing. KH3 only started development in 2013. Versus XIII was vapourware for the longest time that they finally reworked and started making into an actual game in XV in 2012. There is a reason their CEO was forced out in 2013.
    Versus started development in 2006.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velnora View Post
    Versus started development in 2006.
    Versus never left early development stages. It was scrapped and re done from the ground up on 2012 when they re-branded it XV.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    XII? Nope sorry don't remember it. Last time I checked FFX was good, then there was an MMO and then XIII/XV
    Afaik the next number after XII is XIV.

Was pretty happy to see the video for FF7 and while I don't think it's the Miracle Child that rabid, obsessive fans will all but scream in your ear that it is ... it was a very relevant title for me. It combined might, magic and technology all into one believable, coherent world and for that I liked it alot. The story is also solid, but murky at points. I have to kind of laugh when people say: "oh man, you just don't know how deep it all was, you have to read the subtext man!!" No, there wasn't any subtext. The game's plot is exactly what it looks like. It was decent but not the end-all, deepest thing ever.

FF7 over all is probably still my favorite one in the series, I'm just not as obsessed over it as my friends and "group" were when it was newer. I'll be thrilled to see a remake. I do however, have to agree with some other posts here, I'd rather personally an FF9 remake because while FF7 forged a new medium for me, one I actually wanted to see .. it was not really FF, FF9 was an absolute true return to what FF had always been, so a remake of that would be amazing but probably tie with FF7 on the excitement meter.

And as far as leaving things out? Eh, I hope not. No one threw a fit about any of the questionable content in the original, no sense in going censorship happy now. I actually would rather they add in more to do, just because I'd love to have more to do while playing it. Don't ask me what but if they're gonna do something with it, add more into it, don't take away from it! I mean, I cringed the whole way through Cloud's cross-dressing escapade but I don't want it removed or censored. It's part of the game, leave it be, I say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolman View Post

Seriously, remakes is just money milking scam. You're buying and eating their SHIT.
    If their new games continue on the path of 13, I'd rather have a remake. Especially with this one being worked on by the creators of the original, and having new gameplay with additional plot lines and of course the upgraded graphics. It is essentially a new game with a familiar overarching story and characters.

Not to mention MANY fans have been asking for this. So, not technically a money milking scam as much as it is appeasing long time fans. By all means, continue to be a Debbie Downer, if that rocks your jollies.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolman View Post

Rage much? Remakes done right are bringing games to people who didn't/couldn't play them, stop whining.

if they wanna add content im ok with that, gives us something new as well.. but leave the combat alone thats all I care about.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
    Versus never left early development stages. It was scrapped and re done from the ground up on 2012 when they re-branded it XV.
    Versus is XV. They talked about changing the name 2 years after first announcing Versus in 2006. They kept the plot and characters, along with designing it for PS4/XBOXONE; instead of the original plan for PS3/360.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/19/444...nal-fantasy-15

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Wonder if they will also rework the track, and damn finally having every characters voice-acted will be nice, specially for the ones we barely really even saw in the rest in the compilation (RedXIII, yes he's my favorite character).
    They don't really need to rework the track, there's tons of actual orchestral pieces they could adapt from / use
    I'm really scared about the voice-acting though. As much as I'm looking forwards to Omnislash in HD, Final Fantasies have had, at best, mediocre voice actors for the English versions at least. The worst well.. we get Vanille. That coupled with their poor English translators/scriptwriters make the writing look very childish, which was passable when 7 first came out; not so now with the rise and prominence of WRPGs.

To be fair, their script for XV looks much more thought out than XIII, so I have hope. Now if they would only find good VAs, or give us a Japanese audio <-> English text option.

For those saying FF8 needs a remake - They will make you earn a trophy for Drawing X number of Magic, just think about how much FUN it was drawing magic.... *begins tying noose*

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Rage much? Remakes done right are bringing games to people who didn't/couldn't play them, stop whining.
    Well, it's not like you can't get FF VII right now and play it.

In any case, I don't have much fate in remakes being done right, can't remember any good commercial examples off hand
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post

In any case, I don't have much fate in remakes being done right, can't remember any good commercial examples off hand
    I mostly enjoyed Twin Snakes on the Gamecube. It had some flaws but it's the most reasonably done remake I can think of that I wasn't annoyed with!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post

Yeah, try getting the modem day gamer to play ff7 or resident evil now.

An example would be resident evil hd, which was a critical and commercial success.
    Hmm broken sword is another one I can think of.

Do you have examples of remakes gone bad?
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2015-06-19 at 10:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Yeah, try getting the modem day gamer to play ff7 or resident evil now.

An example would be resident evil hd, which was a critical and commercial success.
    Ohh yeah. Gamecube Resident Evil 1 was awesome.

Deleted
    I was actually looking forward to this mostly because of nostalgia. Some interviews with the director in charge made me change my mind. I think I'll stay content with playing the old one once more instead of some "Boy-Band" remake. Looking at the games since FF10+ they more and more went for a female audience first and foremost peaking in having a Boy Band party in 15 and now it's basically said that it's not so much a remake as a "reimagination" of FF7.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    I was actually looking forward to this mostly because of nostalgia. Some interviews with the director in charge made me change my mind. I think I'll stay content with playing the old one once more instead of some "Boy-Band" remake. Looking at the games since FF10+ they more and more went for a female audience first and foremost peaking in having a Boy Band party in 15 and now it's basically said that it's not so much a remake as a "reimagination" of FF7.
    Yeah agreed, but I try not to get to pessimistic this is my holy Gail

The dude that said people play bravely default for the combat system that is basically the same as FF3 and not the story......what a fuck.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Well you lot will have plenty of time to worry about it anyway, because chances are that it won't be out for years to come. It could even go the direction of The Last Guardian and we will be talking about a launch date in 2022.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4