10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Well you lot will have plenty of time to worry about it anyway, because chances are that it won't be out for years to come. It could even go the direction of The Last Guardian and we will be talking about a launch date in 2022.
    What? Its got its 20th anniversary in 2 years, it'll be out then, also 7 years...no, don't be silly.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2015-06-19 at 04:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    What? Its got its 20th anniversary in 2 years, it'll be out then.
    That seems to be the obvious release and is like what they are shooting for, but this is Squeenix we are talking about. They could not even get the port of the PC version of FF VII out on time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    That seems to be the obvious release and is like what they are shooting for, but this is Squeenix we are talking about. They could not even get the port of the PC version of FF VII out on time.
    Wasn't that in 1998? I don't think thats an indicator of current day concerns, I'm sure there are many though.

Wasn't that in 1998? I don't think thats an indicator of current day concerns, I'm sure there are many though.
    He's talking about the PC version of FF7 making it to the PS4 that was announced last year, and then delayed... Though at the same time they also announced an IOS version for phones that is coming out before the PS4 version.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    He's talking about the PC version of FF7 making it to the PS4 that was announced last year, and then delayed... Though at the same time they also announced an IOS version for phones that is coming out before the PS4 version.
    Which was delayed by 6 months, its not really much of an indicator of a failure on Squares part, these things happen.

Dont know if anyone mentioned this but i think vincent is in the trailer as well when Cloud and Barret walk by.

Deleted
    Maybe someone in here can help me. I've been searching the internet for about 10 hours now and I haven't found anything regarding this.

When I was younger, possibly in the 90's, I've read somewhere that there was a town in the japanese version of Final Fantasy 7, that only exists in the japanese version. I remember seeing a picture of Cloud in a town with a big clock, possibly a clock tower, and something about time functioning differently in that town. I also remember there being a certain item connected to that town.

It is entirely possible that my mind just made this up, or that I dreamed this when I was younger. But this is giving me no rest. Just wondering if anyone remembers something like that.
    Last edited by mmoc2222b8def1; 2015-06-20 at 01:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Snake View Post
    Maybe someone in here can help me. I've been searching the internet for about 10 hours now and I haven't found anything regarding this.

When I was younger, possibly in the 90's, I've read somewhere that there was a town in the japanese version of Final Fantasy 7, that only exists in the japanese version. I remember seeing a picture of Cloud in a town with a big clock, possibly a clock tower, and something about time functioning differently in that town. I also remember there being a certain item connected to that town.

It is entirely possible that my mind just made this up, or that I dreamed this when I was younger. But this is giving me no rest. Just wondering if anyone remembers something like that.
    The only thing I can find remotely similar to what you're saying is the following:

• The complex version of the clock puzzle in the Temple of the Ancients is removed, always giving the player the simple version which would only otherwise be accessible in the Japanese version after failing three times.

Source: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/F...on_Differences

Which was delayed by 6 months, its not really much of an indicator of a failure on Squares part, these things happen.
    I didn't say it was, just that he was not talking about 1998. Anyway I think it's fair to believe that a lot of big decisions will be needed when it comes to stuff on FF7, a lot of roads to cross and I very much doubt we will be getting it in the next 2 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    What? Its got its 20th anniversary in 2 years, it'll be out then, also 7 years...no, don't be silly.
    That is... Terrifying. Has it REALLY been 20 years? Would kinda make sense to release then, maybe in a bundle with Advent Children .

p.s. Is anyone hoping that we get the multisword from AC as a weapon in the remake ?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    What I'd love to see;

Update the looks to modern quality.
    Update the music to live orchestral recordings in hi fidelity
    Keep the old school combat as intact as possible, complete with random encounters.
    Rewrite the script to make better sense and use top shelf voice actors.
    Flesh out some of the other party characters more, more back story quests.
    Keep the major story plots the same, but add in plenty of new stuff along the way like weapons and armor, monsters, side quests, more mini games in the Golden Saucer, optional bosses/zones, a new summon or two, maybe even a new party character or two.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2015-06-20 at 03:01 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    The only thing I can find remotely similar to what you're saying is the following:

• The complex version of the clock puzzle in the Temple of the Ancients is removed, always giving the player the simple version which would only otherwise be accessible in the Japanese version after failing three times.

Source: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/F...on_Differences
    Yeah, I came across this, too, but that's not it. Maybe I was really just imagining it. Thanks anyway, though.

Funny thing is, in my mind that city looks a bit like Kalm, but it's not Kalm. So maybe I took Kalm and that clock puzzle aspect and mixed them together in my head, or these elements got mixed up in a dream. But the memory of it seems so real to me. But I couldn't find anything anywhere, so it's probably just in my head.
    Last edited by mmoc2222b8def1; 2015-06-20 at 03:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't say it was, just that he was not talking about 1998. Anyway I think it's fair to believe that a lot of big decisions will be needed when it comes to stuff on FF7, a lot of roads to cross and I very much doubt we will be getting it in the next 2 years.
    They started development on it before the pc port, I don't doubt it at all. I might give you 3.

Except Sony is helping fund and develop the game. Sony will kick Square in the balls to get the project done on time or take their money back. This isn't some project Square can just sit on like they did with Versus XIII, they actually have to work on it and get it done. Sony isn't paying them to make a PS5 game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Except Sony is helping fund and develop the game. Sony will kick Square in the balls to get the project done on time or take their money back. This isn't some project Square can just sit on like they did with Versus XIII, they actually have to work on it and get it done. Sony isn't paying them to make a PS5 game.
    I doubt Sony is paying them much at all, considering it's not an exclusive, Square probably doesn't need the money given that it's going to be their biggest selling game of all time.

I doubt Sony is paying them much at all, considering it's not an exclusive, Square probably doesn't need the money given that it's going to be their biggest selling game of all time.
    Uhh everything is pointing towards Sony giving them about the same % for the game as SFV. Which means it's not coming to xbox and will have a delayed PC release if anything.

The game, like SFV would not be happening without Sony's funding. That's already been confirmed.

It's amazing how off base you are on these games(thinking Shenmue 3 is being money hatted by Sony when in fact this game is and that isn't)

I loaded up FF7 on steam a day or two after this was announced to give the original gameplay a go again. Still holds up in mechanics despite age.

2, 3, 7 and X are my favorite FF (non-Tactics) gameplay expressions. That stuff is still so good.

Uhh everything is pointing towards Sony giving them about the same % for the game as SFV. Which means it's not coming to xbox and will have a delayed PC release if anything.

The game, like SFV would not be happening without Sony's funding. That's already been confirmed.

It's amazing how off base you are on these games(thinking Shenmue 3 is being money hatted by Sony when in fact this game is and that isn't)
    Shenmue 3 is a niche game sequel based off a franchise that near bankrupt a company and failed to save the Dreamcast, Shenmue 2 flopping horribly on the Xbox, it needs the money in order to survive or it won't be made because it's considered a risk (and I say that as a massive Shenmue fan, but also a realist). Final Fantasy 7 is one of the most succesful, well known and loved games in gaming history, nobody needs proof that this will sell well and nobody needs to back Square to make it, it will likely be one of the best selling games of all time.

Also, Street Fighter is a Playstation exclusive (at least console wise), Final Fantasy 7 remake is not.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2015-06-20 at 04:46 PM.

Final Fantasy 7 remake is not.
    Oh yea?

Where is the announced Xbox version?

Where is even the hint at it?

Oh yea?

Where is the announced Xbox version?

Where is even the hint at it?
    On playstation first, is all that was announced.