Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    is this going to be the best game ever?
    Yes
    Just finished 100% completion run on ff7 steam version. Including mastering all materia and Gil achievement.

Thinking of playing the New Threat mod next while I wait for the Remake.

Quote Originally Posted by imabanana View Post
    Yep, same here, just saw the footage from E3 and I'm really not convinced, having to spam a useless basic attack while rolling around the battlefield to avoid stuff or get to a weak point isn't what I expected. I'm not quite sure why they call this thing ATB really, doesn't have anything to do with ATB anymore except you can pick stuff in menus at some point.

Edit: and WTF? Summon materia DLC with pre-orders? I'm out, thanks Squee for saving me moneys
    ATB from what we see in the gameplay is exactly how ATB worked in previous games, except you can save up to two actions and you got things to do while it charges.

But the ATB portion is ATB

Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    It's the way of the world, people moving to PS5 won't buy a PS4 game. FF12 suffered tragically because it was released at the end of the PS2 life cycle and this is when the PS3 was backward compatible with PS2 games (functionality later removed).

They can recoup development costs entirely by splitting the game up as people will buy it based on nostalgia alone, even if it's a quarter of the full story.
    What are you even talking about sir? FFXII sold 1.7 mil in one week in Japan, 1.5 mil in one week in NA and was over 5 mil WW less then 1 year after is JP launch, less then 5 months after it's NA launch and less then ONE month after it's EU/AU launch. Just the PS2 version of the game not even counting remasters is over 6 mil copies sold.

You call that "suffering tragically"?

This is the first game outside of RDR2 and some complete editions with all DLC to ever require 2 BR discs and people still questioning why it's episodic lmao. Midgar is 100 GB, wrap your head around that ffs people. You don't fill 100 GB by having it be the same tiny Midgar tutorial area you know from the original.

For comparison to a FF game- FFXV was 40 GB at launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    What are you even talking about sir? FFXII sold 1.7 mil in one week in Japan, 1.5 mil in one week in NA and was over 5 mil WW less then 1 year after is JP launch, less then 5 months after it's NA launch and less then ONE month after it's EU/AU launch. Just the PS2 version of the game not even counting remasters is over 6 mil copies sold.

You call that "suffering tragically"?
    Final Fantasy 10 sold 14 million copies.

What you consider a success and what Square consider a success are different.

Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    Final Fantasy 10 sold 14 million copies.

What you consider a success and what Square consider a success are different.

Bye.
    Holy shit did you not even read my post? My numbers are not including a sequel or the remasters. Your numbers are what FFX and X-2 have sold combined across original releases and the remaster.

As of when FFXII released on PS2 FFX sold 6 mil on PS2... around the exact same XII would end up selling over the same time period.

Bye.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait for this game, but I'm unsure about the combat. Was hoping for turn based, which it still might be as it's unclear, but it may be more like FF15, which was just mindless button spam pretty much.

Also disappointed with Tifa's tits.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Can't wait for this game, but I'm unsure about the combat. Was hoping for turn based, which it still might be as it's unclear, but it may be more like FF15, which was just mindless button spam pretty much.

Its pretty clear from the new gameplay how combat works...and there is ATB which slowly fills or quickly fills with using basic attack

- - - Updated - - -

Also I like how you can see the materia you use in the weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Its pretty clear from the new gameplay how combat works...and there is ATB which slowly fills or quickly fills with using basic attack

- - - Updated - - -

Also I like how you can see the materia you use in the weapons.
    Ah didn't know there was a gameplay video, had only watched the trailer.

Seen the new gameplay? ATB works like ATB and is used for items and magic like before...you just have some mindless button mashing between those turns.

oh shit, someone were quicker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah didn't know there was a gameplay video, had only watched the trailer.
    Yeah, I was sceptical as well. Until I saw the full gameplay video, with Tactical mode and all that. Now I honestly don't think I've been this hyped for a game in a long time. The combat was the only part that had me worried, and now I think it's the best version we could have hoped for.

Now all I need is to see a couple of Summons, and I'll be fully erect.

The main question, though...

They mentioned before that the characters will have more defined "roles". We saw from the gameplay demo that Cloud seems to be something of a bruiser. Barret is a straight up Tank, Tifa is a Dps and we can assume Aerith is a healer.

So... What roles will the others be?

I'm guessing:
    Cloud: Bruiser. Seems to have two "modes" Punisher Style and Operator Style. Not sure what they actually DID, though.
    Barret: Tank. Had a skill called "Steel Skin" which reduced damage taken. Classic tank move.
    Tifa: Melee Dps.
    Red XIII: Caster Dps/possible support.
    Cait Sith: Who gives a shit. Fuck that ho.
    Yuffie: Range Dps
    Cid: Melee Dps, possible Tank.
    Vincent: Range Dps/Tank (he would swap back and forth between human and demon forms. Human being range Dps, Demon being Tank)
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Yeah, I was sceptical as well. Until I saw the full gameplay video, with Tactical mode and all that. Now I honestly don't think I've been this hyped for a game in a long time. The combat was the only part that had me worried, and now I think it's the best version we could have hoped for.

Now all I need is to see a couple of Summons, and I'll be fully erect.

The main question, though...

They mentioned before that the characters will have more defined "roles". We saw from the gameplay demo that Cloud seems to be something of a bruiser. Barret is a straight up Tank, Tifa is a Dps and we can assume Aerith is a healer.

So... What roles will the others be?

I'm guessing:
    Cloud: Bruiser. Seems to have two "modes" Punisher Style and Operator Style. Not sure what they actually DID, though.
    Barret: Tank. Had a skill called "Steel Skin" which reduced damage taken. Classic tank move.
    Tifa: Melee Dps.
    Red XIII: Caster Dps/possible support.
    Cait Sith: Who gives a shit. Fuck that ho.
    Yuffie: Range Dps
    Cid: Melee Dps, possible Tank.
    Vincent: Range Dps/Tank (he would swap back and forth between human and demon forms. Human being range Dps, Demon being Tank)
    If we use the Final Fantasy job system that's been on and off since 1 I guess the closest will be

Cloud: Maruader (Melee can be tank)
    Barret: Mechanist (Range dps)
    Tifa: Monk (Unarmed Melee)
    Yuffie: Ninja (Melee)
    Aerith: White mage (healer)
    Cid: Dragoon (Melee with some semi range)
    Vincent: Maybe gunslinger or Mechanist (Range)
    Cait Sith: Not even sure
    Red XIII: Not sure.

Then again 7 did throw away traditional classes. Everyone can be Black/White/Blue Mages (Enemy skill materia is blue mage) due to the materia. I'm doubting they'll bring it back as such with how materia is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    If we use the Final Fantasy job system that's been on and off since 1 I guess the closest will be

Cloud: Maruader (Melee can be tank)
    Barret: Mechanist (Range dps)
    Tifa: Monk (Unarmed Melee)
    Yuffie: Ninja (Melee)
    Aerith: White mage (healer)
    Cid: Dragoon (Melee with some semi range)
    Vincent: Maybe gunslinger or Mechanist (Range)
    Cait Sith: Not even sure
    Red XIII: Not sure.

Then again 7 did throw away traditional classes. Everyone can be Black/White/Blue Mages (Enemy skill materia is blue mage) due to the materia. I'm doubting they'll bring it back as such with how materia is.
    Dude what are you on about. FF7 has and will always be materia. Yuffie as a melee ninja?

Cant wait to hear the music updated with squeen's orchestra, that will be something special. Modern jenova oh jesussssss

Biggest question is will you carry on your progression from episode to episode? It has to be right? They cant just release completly independent games, can they?

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Biggest question is will you carry on your progression from episode to episode? It has to be right? They cant just release completly independent games, can they?
    Sure they can. They’re already talking about making each game into its own sort of stand alone package.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

Quote Originally Posted by Farath View Post
    Sure they can. They’re already talking about making each game into its own sort of stand alone package.
    Hype is kinda gone now...

I want to play one big game not 5 mini games.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Hype is kinda gone now...

I want to play one big game not 5 mini games.
    2x bluray disks worth of content is hardly mini

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    2x bluray disks worth of content is hardly mini
    This is why i wasnt too worried at first - but if they are independet not like expansions, it still sucks.