Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    what did I say in my post that offended you so much
    Quite the contrary, you seem offended at the answer to your question.

PS5 is BC with PS4.

PS5 being cross play with PS4 is not some 2+2=5 scenario that means "ps5 can't play ps4 discs".

That is the reality of the situation, and personal insults won't change it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Quite the contrary, you seem offended at the answer to your question.

PS5 is BC with PS4.

PS5 being cross play with PS4 is not some 2+2=5 scenario that means "ps5 can't play ps4 discs".

That is the reality of the situation, and personal insults won't change it.
    Well then what is with the whole "I guess this post is proof people read what they want to read." What were you trying to get at with that statement? It's not that I'm personally offended I'm just wondering why everytime I see you reply to me or someone else you reply to them in such a douchebag way. Is that how you talk to people in real life?

Then in this reply you further sound like an intellectual douchebag as if this is something I should've known and since I don't you feel the need to talk down to me like I'm some lesser being. All you really had to say was that the ps5 can indeed play ps4 discs but instead you felt the need to go further and talk down to me as if I said something wrong.

So, I'm sorry I bothered you with my ignorance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Techs inability to communicate like a normal human being is probably why he's nearly always correct, I imagine theres not a lot of external human interaction in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    That was literally my reaction to your post as well. It came off as a wall of text hipster diatribe just looking for reasons to be mad at a game being shown off and looking high quality.
    Yeah wow god forbid someone laugh off your baseless complaining amiright.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    It’s amazing how much you forget about the game and I always remembered losing Aeris fairly early on, but I’ve been playing it a lot and only just about to go to the temple where her fate is decided
    Yeah, iirc that happened at the end of CD1 in the original game. I still remember keeping one separate game save to the point shortly before I lost Aeris because I wanted to grind and level her up just to see her limit breaks and such.

I've probably forgotten a lot of it too. It's been over 20 years since my original playthrough, and I haven't replayed the game since then. The only thing I did after completing the game was kill Emerald/Ruby weapons. There's also probably a lot of stuff in the story that went over my head when I was 12/13. I definitely need to play it again sometime.

I was actually planning to get the Steam version during the recent sale, but other stuff on my wishlist took priority. I might grab FF7 next time it goes on sale. I do still have my original copy of FF7 and a PS2, so I can replay it whenever I want, but I'm pretty curious about playing the modded PC/Steam version now.
    Last edited by avitush; 2019-07-10 at 04:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    It’s amazing how much you forget about the game and I always remembered losing Aeris fairly early on, but I’ve been playing it a lot and only just about to go to the temple where her fate is decided
    Yeah... which makes you think...

The first VIIR is going to cover Midgar, second game will cover up to... said temple.

Which means, we’ll have two, maybe three years of gameplay WITH Aerith before we lose her.

It’s going to HURT.

A LOT.

I can’t wait to see the rage on social media, when that game drops...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    The problem with that thinking is that people who game on PC want to buy a PS5.
    They should imo. The PS4 exclusives alone are epic. PC gamers are missing out one some of the best games released these days. Anyway, I guess you can PSNow some of them to your PC, so if you are getting them that way, then I can see not needing the console, but gamers absolutely should check out the exclusives.

Edit: I am currently gaming on my Switch, PC, and PS4 Pro. PS4 Pro is an exclusives machine, while my PC runs on a 1440p/144hz monitor without HDR and plays mostly WoW/MH:W.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2019-07-11 at 04:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Aeris dying in the original was kind of a shocker for players at the time for several reasons, but that was practically an eon ago.
    True, true. It was a more innocent time, back then... Now we're a little jaded, so one of our playable character being murdered in front of us isn't QUITE a shocking as it was back then.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    They should imo. The PS4 exclusives alone are epic. PC gamers are missing out one some of the best games released these days. Anyway, I guess you can PSNow some of them to your PC, so if you are getting them that way, then I can see not needing the console, but gamers absolutely should check out the exclusives.

Edit: I am currently gaming on my Switch, PC, and PS4 Pro. PS4 Pro is an exclusives machine, while my PC runs on a 1440p/144hz monitor without HDR and plays mostly WoW/MH:W.
    I haven't played every PS4 exclusive but the only shining examples of epic exclusives for PS4 to me have been Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War, Spider-Man and then MLB the Show for a sports game. Outside of those four I have found most of the PS4 exclusives to be mediocre to okay this gen for PS4. However I am full admitting I have not played every exclusive and I've probably missed out on some. Just finished Uncharted 4 and was glad I didn't spend $60 on it.

Key exclusives I haven't played would be Days Gone, GTSport, Last Guardian, Persona 5, and Until Dawn.

Anyways, that was completely off topic.

Trying to stay on topic....I don't agree that they should...you have a much wider library to choose from on PC than on consoles. I seriously hate this episodic shit...because most of us want a remake of the original...legitimately just update the graphics and call it a day...Just giving us midgar isn't enough imho unless they plan on getting these parts done within 6-12 months. Before tech comes in and says oh well the original game is massive etc etc...Yea I know...but if they just updated the graphics and left everything else alone...every FF7 fan would not give a shit...that's what most of us fans wanted to begin with...not a completely revamped game.
    Last edited by RuneDK; 2019-07-12 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    I haven't played every PS4 exclusive but the only shining examples of epic exclusives for PS4 to me have been Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War, Spider-Man and then MLB the Show for a sports game. Outside of those four I have found most of the PS4 exclusives to be mediocre to okay this gen for PS4. However I am full admitting I have not played every exclusive and I've probably missed out on some. Just finished Uncharted 4 and was glad I didn't spend $60 on it.

Key exclusives I haven't played would be Days Gone, GTSport, Last Guardian, Persona 5, and Until Dawn.

Anyways, that was completely off topic.

Trying to stay on topic....I don't agree that they should...you have a much wider library to choose from on PC than on consoles. I seriously hate this episodic shit...because most of us want a remake of the original...legitimately just update the graphics and call it a day...Just giving us midgar isn't enough imho unless they plan on getting these parts done within 6-12 months. Before tech comes in and says oh well the original game is massive etc etc...Yea I know...but if they just updated the graphics and left everything else alone...every FF7 fan would not give a shit...that's what most of us fans wanted to begin with...not a completely revamped game.
    I'm okay with episodic. If they want to make it a 180 hour game for real, then I'm down to play it. I think it will be cool. Hopefully it won't be like most other episodic games.

The first time that I really enjoyed episodic content outside of television was with Stephen King's The Green Mile. That book was AMAZING but King released it over 6 small volumes. I can remember waiting for it to come out. IMO, episodic content CAN be good, but much of it isn't. I am choosing to believe in Square-Enix and their reverence for the source content.

Also, Bloodborne is the best one, think it's on pc via psnow. Sorry about the off-topic remarks.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2019-07-12 at 03:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Off topic but kinda related, how WOKE do you have to be to blacklist auto-complete for a video game character... Just try searching Tifa on Youtube and see if you get autocomplete for it, then do it for Cloud or Sephiroth... Holy shit Google, what are you doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Off topic but kinda related, how WOKE do you have to be to blacklist auto-complete for a video game character... Just try searching Tifa on Youtube and see if you get autocomplete for it, then do it for Cloud or Sephiroth... Holy shit Google, what are you doing.
    Large breasts are absolutely evil. Google is simply protecting people. Let them do their job and censor the world for us!

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    Yeah, iirc that happened at the end of CD1 in the original game.
    Yes, Aeris dies at the very end of Disc 1. You fight Jenova LIFE and then the screen fades to black and you're prompted to insert disc 2 while Aeris' theme plays. It's one of the best cinematic moments IN VIDOE GAME HISTORY1111

She dies roughly halfway through the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Yes, Aeris dies at the very end of Disc 1. You fight Jenova LIFE and then the screen fades to black and you're prompted to insert disc 2 while Aeris' theme plays. It's one of the best cinematic moments IN VIDOE GAME HISTORY1111

She dies roughly halfway through the game.
    I never changed disks so fast in my life.

So replaying FF7..got the "New Threat" mod and its been a LOT of fun....bosses are a bit harder requiring a little more thought, Aeris apparently can be brought back (just got to Cosmo Canyon so haven't seen it yet) and...honestly its worth looking into

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    So replaying FF7..got the "New Threat" mod and its been a LOT of fun....bosses are a bit harder requiring a little more thought, Aeris apparently can be brought back (just got to Cosmo Canyon so haven't seen it yet) and...honestly its worth looking into
    I know you're referring to a mod for the PC version, but this reminds me of all the "HERE'S HOW YOU CAN GET AERIS BACK!!!1111" troll posts that happened back in the day. Usually something insanely time consuming to make people who fell for it waste all the time for nothing. I remember one of them was something like how if you ran circles around this one tiny room until you'd fought 1,000 random battles in there, she'd come back and rejoin your party. There were tons of those floating around.

Supposedly, there was a way you could do it in the PS1 version, but it involved fucking around with a Gameshark (which I never had).

If this were a physical copy that would last for decades to come, I'd be excited.

It would be reasonable for a $60 Switch physical copy.

As I understand, however, it's digital only.

I'm not impressed. I'm happy with my PlayStation copy. There is no reason to open my wallet.

Square-Enix can peddle their virtual sales - I'm not their customer. (edit - apprently)
    Last edited by Vineri; 2019-07-29 at 03:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    As I understand, however, it's digital only.
    Got a source that the FF7 Remake is digital only?

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    Got a source that the FF7 Remake is digital only?
    Upon a further brief inspection, I suppose it may not even matter.

Two Key Questions About 'Final Fantasy VII Remake' Ahead of Square Enix's E3 Press Conference

6/10/19

https://www.newsweek.com/final-fanta...switch-1443212

Will Final Fantasy VII Remake come to any other systems?

While the new trailer for Final Fantasy VII Remake makes it look like a PS4 exclusive, the press release from Square Enix includes the tantalizing description, "Final Fantasy VII Remake will debut first on the PlayStation 4," confirming there are plans to bring the FF7 remake to other platforms. While the most likely is a PC port, might we also see Final Fantasy VII Remake come to Xbox One and Nintendo Switch?

And then later...

‘Final Fantasy VII Remake’ A PS4 Exclusive, Square Enix Clarifies

07/12/19
    https://www.ibtimes.com/final-fantas...rifies-2806205

Square Enix has clarified that “Final Fantasy VII Remake” is and will always be a PlayStation 4 exclusive, a report claims.

While Square Enix didn’t explicitly say that “Final Fantasy VII Remake” won’t be coming to the Xbox One, Nintendo Switch or PC, it did hint that the game company has no plans to create a port for the said systems. This confirmation simply serves to remove confusion and, taken creatively, bring a message that says “sorry, Xbox One fans.”

So .. yeah, nevermind. Thanks for asking, so I could answer the remours for myself. If it ever comes to the Switch, however it comes, is not set in stone or announced.

$330 for the collectors edition .. really?
    Last edited by Vineri; 2019-07-29 at 04:08 AM.

Well, I guess I'll never play FF7 Remake, then, unfortunately, since I don't own a PS4.