Loved FF7 but i hate this FF13 Gameplay so iam out.

Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    as others have said, I don't even know why they're putting in this much effort for FF7. It wasn't even that good, FF7 is the Classic version of WoW. It really was bad, but has a hype because it was the first one a lot of people played. The PSP prequel was a lot better in terms of story and game play.
    Answer is honestly pretty cut and dry....

https://vgsales.fandom.com/wiki/Best...are-Enix_games

FF7 is currently STILL the best selling game Square AND Enix has ever had..that includes them buying Eidos and from subsequent re releases of all of such games...hell the list on the site is even including sales of the SNES classic for FF6s numbers...Pop culture wise FF7 is still the stand out more people recognize Cloud's profile as a Final Fantasy character than ANY other character in their history......

I agree there are many WAAAY better games....but from a buisness perspective..the numbers don't lie Square might be pulling a bit of a Disney on this one and you know damned well its working....

Also on a personal note....of ALL the classic FF games....right now 7 is the most in need of any kind of a remake...
    1-4 has all had some huge remasters...honestly 4 didn't need them but got remakes in spades
    5 and 6 look fine as is
    8 and 9 might need some sharpening up for modern systems (WHICH THEY GOT) but look fine otherwise
    X and XII got HD rereleases and honestly didn't look that bad without it
    13 and 15 ...are 13 and 15

7 ....the visuals of it has aged BADLY and no amount of HD remaking is going to really fix it....some mods have helped it but...it still looks janky

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    as others have said
    Yeah, maybe a tiny minority have said. Most who played it loved it then and still love it now. To call it bad is so pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Loved FF7 but i hate this FF13 Gameplay so iam out.
    .......have you watched ANY of the trailers...this is closer to like Kingdom Hearts than FF13..plus they announced there is going to be a turned based mode

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    .......have you watched ANY of the trailers...this is closer to like Kingdom Hearts than FF13..plus they announced there is going to be a turned based mode
    Kingdom Hearts is even worste.

I mean, I question if you even know what KH combat is like since you didn't know what FFXIII was like.

XIII combat is literally closer to the original FFVII then it is to what you see in the remake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I mean, I question if you even know what KH combat is like since you didn't know what FFXIII was like.

XIII combat is literally closer to the original FFVII then it is to what you see in the remake.
    I have a feeling he means FFXV, which has fairly action based combat.

And to be fair, when I first saw the remake, I was worried as well. But each subsequent trailer/demo has increased my hype more. The combat looks about as close to turn based as we're ever going to get from a modern day mainline FF title, Summons look fantastic and from what we've seen of it, the materia system looks to have been improved.

Not sure if they could do anything at this point that would stop me buying the game.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Answer is honestly pretty cut and dry....

https://vgsales.fandom.com/wiki/Best...are-Enix_games

FF7 is currently STILL the best selling game Square AND Enix has ever had..that includes them buying Eidos and from subsequent re releases of all of such games...hell the list on the site is even including sales of the SNES classic for FF6s numbers...Pop culture wise FF7 is still the stand out more people recognize Cloud's profile as a Final Fantasy character than ANY other character in their history......

I agree there are many WAAAY better games....but from a buisness perspective..the numbers don't lie Square might be pulling a bit of a Disney on this one and you know damned well its working....

Also on a personal note....of ALL the classic FF games....right now 7 is the most in need of any kind of a remake...
    1-4 has all had some huge remasters...honestly 4 didn't need them but got remakes in spades
    5 and 6 look fine as is
    8 and 9 might need some sharpening up for modern systems (WHICH THEY GOT) but look fine otherwise
    X and XII got HD rereleases and honestly didn't look that bad without it
    13 and 15 ...are 13 and 15

7 ....the visuals of it has aged BADLY and no amount of HD remaking is going to really fix it....some mods have helped it but...it still looks janky

I agree 100% totally FF7 might be not my favorite FF game but hell for sure it influenced so many players who didn't even play any JRPG for these kind of players it was their introduction for the world of JRPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I have a feeling he means FFXV, which has fairly action based combat.

And to be fair, when I first saw the remake, I was worried as well. But each subsequent trailer/demo has increased my hype more. The combat looks about as close to turn based as we're ever going to get from a modern day mainline FF title, Summons look fantastic and from what we've seen of it, the materia system looks to have been improved.

Not sure if they could do anything at this point that would stop me buying the game.
    Honestly this.

With the graphics and work put into the remake anyone thinking JRPG style characters sitting around with fingers up their butt until it's their time to attack have to be deluding themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Honestly this.

With the graphics and work put into the remake anyone thinking JRPG style characters sitting around with fingers up their butt until it's their time to attack have to be deluding themselves.
    And were the Michael Bay transformers films better than the animated ones from the 80s?

It sounds like you just don't like arpgs then, which means this game won't be for you. I will say if you are looking to give action combat games another go, I do recommend Kingdom Hearts 2. It is widely considered the pinnacle of action combat.

As for FFVII Remake, I was skeptical as well until they showcased the combat in the recent trailers. We'll have to wait till the final product, but the game already looks miles better than FFXV in terms of combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Uhh, they’ve specifically said there’s a mode just like that.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/final-fanta...n-based-combat
    Eh don't get your hopes up too much, it sounds like an easy mode more so then trying to recreate the old school ATB FF system.

It's probably the same game only you can sit around with your controller on the table doing nothing until ATB fills, then it auto pauses the game with the time freeze they have shown off many times until you select an ability to do. Mode will likely be trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Asphyx22 View Post
    It sounds like you just don't like arpgs then, which means this game won't be for you. I will say if you are looking to give action combat games another go, I do recommend Kingdom Hearts 2. It is widely considered the pinnacle of action combat.

As for FFVII Remake, I was skeptical as well until they showcased the combat in the recent trailers. We'll have to wait till the final product, but the game already looks miles better than FFXV in terms of combat.
    I like ARPGs but i prefer Round Based RPGs since most Devs cant code a working AI or a working Camera.
    Also i why should i play Kingdom Hearts? Iam not 6 years old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Honestly this.

And tbh, I'm okay with that. The combat in this game looks fantastic, sure it's not PURE turn based... but neither was FFVII, so we can't really complain. I mean, people WILL, but they shouldn't.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I like ARPGs but i prefer Round Based RPGs since most Devs cant code a working AI or a working Camera.
    Also i why should i play Kingdom Hearts? Iam not 6 years old.
    Not saying you have to play it lol. It's a suggestion. Believe it or not, there are quite a few adult fans of the game including myself. I do admit the dialogue/writing is a bit cheesy, but the gameplay more than makes up for it.

15+ Year Old Account

and they ruined it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    and they ruined it
    I'm 100% okay with this. I was afraid it would be completely exclusive. Only thing I'm worried about now is whether it will be an addition year exclusive on Epic Game Store after the 1 yr PS4 exclusive.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    I'm 100% okay with this. I was afraid it would be completely exclusive. Only thing I'm worried about now is whether it will be an addition year exclusive on Epic Game Store after the 1 yr PS4 exclusive.
    i just think its hideous to have on the box

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    i just think its hideous to have on the box
    Hmm, yeah. I guess I can understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    It was always announced as a timed exclusive, also not sure why we need an "exclusive" logo shitting up the box art timed or not.